Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Anyone else's PS4s getting insanely loud? Mine is roaring and about to take off, and it's just on the title screen of TLOU. It's kept well ventilated and relatively dust-free. Seriously considering throwing it back to Smyths... but it's out of warranty!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Wondering if it was the weather and the relative warmth.
    Fine on netflix but once I start gaming...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭Evade

Is the back pointed towards a wall? I had mine facing forward with the vents toward the wall with about 10cm clearance and the wall itself was getting hot and keeping the PS4 warm. I rotated it 90 degrees so the vents face out into the room and it runs a lot cooler now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I did the same myself a few months back. Vents now facing outwards, might be time for some compressed air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Mine gets mad loud on the map screen for AC Unity... but mostly it's fine. Louder in menus than in game for some bizarre reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Has anybody actually got to play Planetside 2 yet?
    Servers unavailable is all I'm getting the last 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Has anybody actually got to play Planetside 2 yet?
    Servers unavailable is all I'm getting the last 2 days.

It's been working since yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Varik wrote: »
    It's been working since yesterday.

Not working for me now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My PS4 is super loud and being slow as ****, and refusing to play certain discs. This is actually ridiculous, this is my 3rd PS4 console.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not working for me now :(

Right so the servers are on now but that just happened to me, I restarted the game a few times but in the end it work after testing my internet connection on the PS4 (might have just been a coincidence).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

mickstupp wrote: »
    Mine gets mad loud on the map screen for AC Unity... but mostly it's fine. Louder in menus than in game for some bizarre reason.
    That's a known problem with AC Unity. Think the framerate is unlocked on the game menus and the PS4 goes into overdrive. Happens to me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone got suggestions of where to buy charging cables. It's only just clicked with me that my 3 ps4 controllers didn't have a cable bundled in with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

RedXIV wrote: »
    Anyone got suggestions of where to buy charging cables. It's only just clicked with me that my 3 ps4 controllers didn't have a cable bundled in with them

GameStop & Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Any way of stopping people adding you to group messages?

I far as I know the only way out of that is to press options when in the group message and select delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Any pound shop, it is the same cable you would use to charge your mobile, unless you have an Iphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Xenji wrote: »
    Any pound shop, it is the same cable you would use to charge your mobile, unless you have an Iphone.

Thing is, I have phone charger cables but very few of them work with my ps3/ps4 for some reason?

Thing is, I have phone charger cables but very few of them work with my ps3/ps4 for some reason?

Strange, any I have had knocking about have usually worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Just found out PS4 doesn't support CD's. Absolutely ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

kave2 wrote: »
    Just found out PS4 doesn't support CD's. Absolutely ridiculous.

There's no tape deck either grandad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

GerB40 wrote: »

Grandad just prefer better quality sound, not the the ****ty mp3's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

kave2 wrote: »
    Grandad just prefer better quality sound, not the the ****ty mp3's.

FLAC??? Same quality as CD.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is toukiden kiwami worth it for ps4? I have it on vita (the old version) but never finished it because I got stuck on a boss.

Is toukiden kiwami worth it for ps4? I have it on vita (the old version) but never finished it because I got stuck on a boss.

Depends on how you liked The Age Of Demons, Kiwami adds more chapters and some new battle mechanics, items and characters, think of it more as an expansion pack for the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    Depends on how you liked The Age Of Demons, Kiwami adds more chapters and some new battle mechanics, items and characters, think of it more as an expansion pack for the game.

I like it but that boss fight at the end of ch2 is a pain in the ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

GerB40 wrote: »

Please tell me it plays Beta video tapes?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

GameStop & Argos.

some tescos have this
    belkin 2m micro usb charge cable 0.50

going to pick up some today if they have them, if not deals/euro2 have them for 1.49 or 2 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭tigger123

Just accidentally discovered something about the PS4.

If you have Twonky installed on your laptop/computer and the wi fi on both your laptop/computer and the PS4 turned on, the PS4 will find and play the videos and music directly from your laptop/computer. Didn't have to set it up or pair them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Wowhd managed to screw themselves ordered tropico 5 and the Witcher started a claim as they didn't respond to my emails to their site as I didn't receive the item. The day after I started the claim I got tropico so asked them to cancel the Witcher and refund the money and they said I had to change It from not receiving product to not as described but as soon as doing this it becomes a PayPal claim and since they never bothered responding to PayPal they took all my money back. Don't know whether to feel guilty or it's just a lesson for lazy businesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

JamboMac wrote: »
    Wowhd managed to screw themselves ordered tropico 5 and the Witcher started a claim as they didn't respond to my emails to their site as I didn't receive the item. The day after I started the claim I got tropico so asked them to cancel the Witcher and refund the money and they said I had to change It from not receiving product to not as described but as soon as doing this it becomes a PayPal claim and since they never bothered responding to PayPal they took all my money back. Don't know whether to feel guilty or it's just a lesson for lazy businesses.

I'm actually fighting with them over my batman arkham knight for PS4, still haven't got it yet and i pre-ordered it in march and the best thing they've said in e-mail to me is..
    WOW HD
    Order Update

Dear Dermot,

Thank you for placing your order with WOW HD

We are writing to you regarding your order #459***** for: Batman: Arkham Knight (Playstation 4) (Product code: 69840739).

We have experienced a delay in receiving this product from our suppliers and we are currently awaiting confirmation of when the goods will be available for despatch.

As soon as stock is received, we will process your order for despatch and notify you by email that this has occurred.

Once we have confirmed the despatch of this item to you by email, please allow up to 4-10 working days for delivery.

For further information, please click here http://www.ie.wowhd.com/info/Faqs

We do hope that you will accept our apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for shopping with WOW HD

Kind regards
    The WOW HD Customer Service Team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Whats the story with WOW ?, i've noticed they dont have a videogames section anymore

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement