Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Whats the story with WOW ?, i've noticed they dont have a videogames section anymore

from what i can tell they've either lost their supplier or worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

SharpCoder wrote: »
    I'm actually fighting with them over my batman arkham knight for PS4, still haven't got it yet and i pre-ordered it in march and the best thing they've said in e-mail to me is..

I'd ask them to cancel and refund my money, if they no longer show games things may be going paired shaped for them, if they don't refund your money do a charge back on the credit card or open a claim if you payed through PayPal.

They don't seem like they will be supplying anyone soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

JamboMac wrote: »
    I'd ask them to cancel and refund my money, if they no longer show games things may be going paired shaped for them, if they don't refund your money do a charge back on the credit card or open a claim if you payed through PayPal.

They don't seem like they will be supplying anyone soon.

Things may be going "pear-shaped" .... Sorry. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

What is the story with this "preparing to download" crap? 20 minutes preparing to download the update for Arkham Knight and 5 seconds to download it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭robfowler78

What is the story with this "preparing to download" crap? 20 minutes preparing to download the update for Arkham Knight and 5 seconds to download it :rolleyes:

Yeah the whole installing from disc to hdd is a pain. I have limited time to play and stuck batman In last night. First had to install the thing then wait for the update to download but I ran out of space on the ps4. Had to go in and delete other games that I have on disc. When it was all done the little one woke up. At least it's all sorted for tonight unless another patch is released lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Strike Vector Ex is good fun on the PC and is also quite challenging, nice to see it coming to the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Game of Thrones Episode 1 seems to be free on PS Store for America if anyone wants to go and grab it... Not sure if it was always there for free or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Firmware 2.55 available now
    Main features in version 2.55 update
    -System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
    Size 238MB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭KTR1C

Firmware 2.55 available now
    Main features in version 2.55 update
    -System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
    Size 238MB

Is there a change log available ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

KTR1C wrote: »

CI0SOKFWoAAJ56a.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

KTR1C wrote: »

No more than he stated, the usual "stability " but no specifics.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

OycsmTh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

hDY0gyv.gif
    From NEOGAF obvs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Hopefully it fixes the horrendously slow download speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Any game recommendations?

Getting dying light and sleping dogs today. All i bought in 2015 was hardline and elder scrolls

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Any game recommendations?

Getting dying light and sleping dogs today. All i bought in 2015 was hardline and elder scrolls

The Witcher 3.

Hopefully it fixes the horrendously slow download speeds.

I hope they leave them alone, downloaded the 12 gig FFV demo today in under 2 hours on a 24mb line, the speeds have always been consistent for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bloodborne. The answer is always Bloodborne.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Xenji wrote: »
    I hope they leave them alone, downloaded the 12 gig FFV demo today in under 2 hours on a 24mb line, the speeds have always been consistent for me.

I had download speed issues I would say twice since I got the PS4 on launch day. Todays system update downloaded in two minutes. If they can make that faster then by all means please do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There has been reports of very slow speeds all over Europe for everyone last week and Sony are looking into it. There are twitter shots of people on 240mb connections downloading the Batman day one patch and the time on screen is 47hrs. Thousands of people were on the SOny twitter page complaining and it's confirmed not ISP related, it Sony's back end that is at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There has been reports of very slow speeds all over Europe for everyone last week and Sony are looking into it. There are twitter shots of people on 240mb connections downloading the Batman day one patch and the time on screen is 47hrs. Thousands of people were on the SOny twitter page complaining and it's confirmed not ISP related, it Sony's back end that is at fault.

Ya they were very bad last week when I was trying to download the new episode of borderlands , was telling me its gonna take 4hrs to download a 1.5 gig file o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got planetside downloaded at max line speed, short of ps plus releases the speeds are fine.

This is working for a lot of people with issues.
    Once you start downloading a game:

1) Pause the accompanying game update file if there is one.
    2) Pause your actual game download.
    3) Go to Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection.
    4) Once finished, go un-pause your game download first.
    5) Hopefully watch the estimated time drop considerably.
    6) Then you can try un-pausing the update file as well, but this tends to slow the game download a bit for me.

Last night I was getting the "preparing the download file" for about 20mins and then the the download started but it showed it had 3.5Gb down already and was almost finished. Something wrong with the PSN servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Got prompted to download a system update after turning on the system. It surely should have downloaded while it was in standby.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Got prompted to download a system update after turning on the system. It surely should have downloaded while it was in standby.

Only if you have it enabled.

only 1hr 20min left on my 1.70 game update using 250mbps UPC. I LOVE SONY....

only 1hr 20min left on my 1.70 game update using 250mbps UPC. I LOVE SONY....

UPC users seem to have the more problems than others with PSN speeds, if you are using the router UPC gave you and using it wirelessly with the PS4, make sure it is set to 2.4GHz WiFi as the PS4 does not support 5GHz WiFi.

Xenji wrote: »
    UPC users seem to have the more problems than others with PSN speeds, if you are using the router UPC gave you and using it wirelessly with the PS4, make sure it is set to 2.4GHz WiFi as the PS4 does not support 5GHz WiFi.

I could download a file of the same size on my laptop or phone on same network within minutes :(

• Advertisement

I could download a file of the same size on my laptop or phone on same network within minutes :(

Same here. It's like PSN traffic is being throttled. It used to be alot faster. PS3 speeds have improved but PS4 speeds have been getting worse since launch. I'm convinced it the volume of traffic and Sony have not scaled their network bandwidth to keep up.

I used to be able to download a 50GB game in under an hour, now I'm lucky to get 10GB in an hour and my speed tests are fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement