Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Got prompted to download a system update after turning on the system. It surely should have downloaded while it was in standby.
    The same thing happened for me tonight. Loaded it up from standby and waited until it downloaded for me. Never did that before for me. Usually did it in the background,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

The same thing happened for me tonight. Loaded it up from standby and waited until it downloaded for me. Never did that before for me. Usually did it in the background,

Presumably the PS4 will only auto update firmware, patches, etc at a certain time even if you have the auto update function enabled. Same thing happened to me yesterday so I searched about it on the interwebz and found a piece in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'm pretty sure that that was enabled before. I'll have a look later to see if it is still.

On the PS3 you could specify what time you wanted the system to awake from Standby mode and search for updates. Maybe they should bring that in for the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

On the PS3 you could specify what time you wanted the system to awake from Standby mode and search for updates. Maybe they should bring that in for the PS4.

No need, the ps4 is aways in a compreable state in standby mode but it listening for content to be pushed rather than searching itself. Sony just need to send the notification when the firnware is released.

• Advertisement

Mine is always in Standby mode. Update didn't start downloading until I switched it on after work yesterday. I have auto updates enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Mine is always in Standby mode. Update didn't start downloading until I switched it on after work yesterday. I have auto updates enabled.

Same here. I had to manually tell it to even look for an update even though it's always on standby and autodownloads are on.

Also, I just bought two games via the app there and clicked the Download to PS4. Both of them are now stuck on 'Waiting'. I bought one the other day over the app while I was at home and done the same and it started downloading straight away. Anyone else experience this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Also, I just bought two games via the app there and clicked the Download to PS4. Both of them are now stuck on 'Waiting'. I bought one the other day over the app while I was at home and done the same and it started downloading straight away. Anyone else experience this?

This has always happened to me. It only works when I'm on the wifi at home, defeats the whole purpose of it. Unless the purpose of it is to save you the enormous battle to get up off your arse and press a button to turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I see the gamestop website has the 1TB PS4 available for pre-order at EUR399.99.

The 500GB is still listed at that price also. Interesting to see if it drops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Same here. It's like PSN traffic is being throttled. It used to be alot faster. PS3 speeds have improved but PS4 speeds have been getting worse since launch. I'm convinced it the volume of traffic and Sony have not scaled their network bandwidth to keep up.

I used to be able to download a 50GB game in under an hour, now I'm lucky to get 10GB in an hour and my speed tests are fine.

Its so frustrating. It even happened when i had a bridged non upc router setup. I sometimes wish i got an xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

This has always happened to me. It only works when I'm on the wifi at home, defeats the whole purpose of it. Unless the purpose of it is to save you the enormous battle to get up off your arse and press a button to turn it on.

It's always worked perfectly for me, I have bought games using PS+ or with real money while in work, added them to the download queue and arrived home with them installed and ready to go. Perhaps it's something to do with your firewall settings?

Could very well be. I rang home after it happened and told them to turn on the PS4. Checked the app and they were downloading.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

I'm convinced it the volume of traffic and Sony have not scaled their network bandwidth to keep up.

This

They are throttling downloads to ensure that the network doesn't collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Vita speeds for me have been awful for the last month or two and they used to be great, PS3 speeds used to be awful and now are great, PS4 speeds have always been great.......I hope they actually stay this way.

Wii U speeds....well have always been terrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

4 hours left on a 10gb update for drive club.
    Load of ****e

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Xenji wrote: »
    Vita speeds for me have been awful for the last month or two and they used to be great, PS3 speeds used to be awful and now are great, PS4 speeds have always been great.......I hope they actually stay this way.

My ps4 downloads were very fast since December up until the GTA I'll gotten gains DLC where it was about an hour preparing the download and around a day to complete it. I wish things would go back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Had ps4 in standby during week, automatic downloads on. Went to power it up his evening thro the controller but they not communicating with the ps4 for some reason, either wired/wireless.

Turned on ps4 using button on console and it booted up, but can't now get past the 'press ps button to use controller' bit.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Had ps4 in standby during week, automatic downloads on. Went to power it up his evening thro the controller but they not communicating with the ps4 for some reason, either wired/wireless.

Turned on ps4 using button on console and it booted up, but can't now get past the 'press ps button to use controller' bit.

Any ideas?

Try resetting the controller maybe?
    https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5121/~/dualshock-4-troubleshooting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

RedXIV wrote: »

Worked thank you, didn't even know resetting DS4 was possible, tnx a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Are using wireless? I sued to blame my crappy speeds on PSN but since I got home plugs it's been perfect. Wireless is just utter ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

PSN seems to be down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

PSN down :(

http://www.vg247.com/2015/07/03/psn-is-down-sony-investigating/
    Multiple users are reporting that PSN is down for them. Users in Europe and North America are not able to access the store, play online, or sign into their accounts.

Sony’s PSN status page is showing account management, gaming & social, and PlayStation Video all offline, with a message saying, “we appreciate your patience while we address this.”

Reddit and Twitter are full of angry gamers unable to play Destiny or do anything that requires a connection to the network. Especially irritating for Americans trying to enjoy their three-day weekend.

This downtime is not part of any scheduled maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hopefully it is not the Lizard gimps again, everything is still working if you were signed in before it went down.

Neogaf is also down.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

There was me blaming UPC...if it's not one it's the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hopefully it is not the Lizard gimps again, everything is still working if you were signed in before it went down.

Neogaf is also down.

PSN down, Neogaf down, Reddit in chaos.

tumblr_n58a83yQcW1tp1cdlo1_400.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Total server overload of a Friday evening I'd say. Sony need to get more capacity online and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It's back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Just got kicked off there. I can't get signed back in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's stable now. Was just playing co-op in Dark Souls 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement