Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Have an issue with eso. Bought the imperial edition and when it fully downloaded I didn't have access to the imperial dlc. Like a fool I decided to delete it and redownload. It's now redownloading the normal version of eso and its stuck at 2.2gb with +99 hours to go. Just a heads up to those buying the imperial edition, don't! Grab the normal version and buy the crowns to get the imperial dlc. Had a look on the eso forums and it seems that they are aware of the issue but have no fix as of now.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Have an issue with eso. Bought the imperial edition and when it fully downloaded I didn't have access to the imperial dlc. Like a fool I decided to delete it and redownload. It's now redownloading the normal version of eso and its stuck at 2.2gb with +99 hours to go. Just a heads up to those buying the imperial edition, don't! Grab the normal version and buy the crowns to get the imperial dlc. Had a look on the eso forums and it seems that they are aware of the issue but have no fix as of now.

Typical ESO. My advice, don't create different characters for different alliances. You end up doing all the quests regardsless anyways and it will get hyper repetitive if you do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone uploaded any videos recently. Any time i try i get a notification straight away saying its failed and have no idea why. I have about 15mb down and 1 up which isnt much but used to work before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone uploaded any videos recently. Any time i try i get a notification straight away saying its failed and have no idea why. I have about 15mb down and 1 up which isnt much but used to work before

Uploaded a video two nights ago, no issues. Wud have about 7/8m up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Delete your notifications in the uploads and downloads, it won't upload anything you captured if it cant fit the notification in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Delete your notifications in the uploads and downloads, it won't upload anything you captured if it cant fit the notification in.

That worked. Thanks. Very weird reason

Dark Souls 2 on PS4? Does it have full coop via online or is it just single player with occassional drop in by friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭Evade

Dark Souls 2 on PS4? Does it have full coop via online or is it just single player with occassional drop in by friends?
    It's can take a little work to co-op with a specific person and you only progress in the hosts game

Evade wrote: »
    It's can take a little work to co-op with a specific person and you only progress in the hosts game

Ah right. That's kinda crap for my purposes. I thought my mate and I could do the campaign as a team even with him in the UK. Thans for the info!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is there any value in getting a playstation camera?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There seems to be a glitch on my friends list, where every time I highlight the list it shows only the first three friends online, but if I click in it shows the rest. What I mean by this, is that the number 3 is locked on the screen unless I click into the full list, even when there's more than 3 friends online.

Anyone having the same problem? Not a major issue, just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

do you think theyll ever implement a feature to add certain friends to a special list that gives you a notification when they sign in and out? sign in at the very least would be handy.

its one of the first things that annoyed me back at launch..i figured itd be quickly added but im still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

faceman wrote: »

If you stream regularly or would like to get Morpheus down the line, yes.

Otherwise, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

faceman wrote: »

The playroom thingie is great for a laugh but i don't think i have used the camera for anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Traded my camera in for 50 Euro the day after launch, supposedly Sony want to expand it uses, but at this stage it is not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Tweet from the team behind Rime.

https://twitter.com/don_raul/status/616283436706308096

Hopefully it's a sign that we're pretty close to a release. Usually when crunch is finished with you're gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The camera will be needed for Morpheus but I can't think of any real reason for it at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Going to attempt to change the hard drive on my ps4 tonight. Anyone any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Plenty of guides online. The only trouble I had was there are two downloads going about with update files for doing it. You need the larger of the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Every single solitary day when I turn on the PS4 I get this 'Discover' popup. Every time. None of the rest of those messages popped up after the first time.

Anyone any idea how to get rid of it?

I've tried clicking into the message, even going so far as to change the power options that it prompts for and so on. No luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Check the height of the new drive before you put it in, some 2tb drives are too tall to fit properly.
    Also do a full usb backup if you want to avoid the currently quite slow psn re-downloads of your existing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭lertsnim

mickstupp wrote: »
    Every single solitary day when I turn on the PS4 I get this 'Discover' popup. Every time. None of the rest of those messages popped up after the first time.

Anyone any idea how to get rid of it?

I've tried clicking into the message, even going so far as to change the power options that it prompts for and so on. No luck.

I get it too. It is a slight annoyance but one I want rid of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Successful swap of drives anyway. 2 tb of delicious space. Well 1.77 after os install. Keep me going for a while

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

What are you and what have you done with my ****ty PSN download speeds?

acbpf7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Any good place to buy PS4 decals/skins?

Decalgirl.com has a wide selection but it's fairly pricey, plus they ship from the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

J. Marston wrote: »
    Any good place to buy PS4 decals/skins?

Decalgirl.com has a wide selection but it's fairly pricey, plus they ship from the US.

You can get them on Amazon.

Example: http://tinyurl.com/oewqwbm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Is uploading to YouTube not working for anybody else?

Edit: or Facebook for that matter.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Hey lads,

PS4 noob here. Looking to buy one. Best options seemingly available is on Argos which is the base model with ESO free for €370. Had hoped to get one with Batman but seem out of stock everywhere :(

I noticed that there's a 1TB version out next week but is that much extra memory really that important? Also, is there an online subscription fee ala Xbox Live? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Hey lads,

PS4 noob here. Looking to buy one. Best options seemingly available is on Argos which is the base model with ESO free for €370. Had hoped to get one with Batman but seem out of stock everywhere :(

I noticed that there's a 1TB version out next week but is that much extra memory really that important? Also, is there an online subscription fee ala Xbox Live? Thanks :)

You will fill up 500Gb fairly quickly some game installs can be as high as 50gb's. I'm looking to put a 2tb hd in soon. Yes there is a 50 euro a year subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Can you just switch in your own harddrive then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement