Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Any recommendations on what to buy on sale? Or should I just save my money for something better?... Trials for €8 seems pretty decent...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Was looking at the digital deals there and saw Hotline Miami for €4 but when I add it to my cart it goes up to €5? So I tried Outlast's DLC which is €2.90 but it's coming up as €3.80?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Was looking at the digital deals there and saw Hotline Miami for €4 but when I add it to my cart it goes up to €5? So I tried Outlast's DLC which is €2.90 but it's coming up as €3.80?

Think I saw a game earlier in the day at 4euro then a few hours later it was 4.80 pricing must be messed up on a few..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

In other ground breaking news Elite will be making its console debut this year on the xbone

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=121383

Fingers crossed it will be released on ps4 aswell

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone get white light?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

padair wrote: »
    In other ground breaking news Elite will be making its console debut this year on the xbone

I haven't played Elite but my friends say it was designed for PC. I wonder how porting it over will work out.

Personally, No Man's Sky interests me more but I would like to dip my toes into Elite too.

EDIT: Actually it sounds like it will be XBO exclusive.

David Braben says strong ties with Microsoft helped with the decision to skip PS4.
    In a follow-up interview with GameSpot, Braben said it was not an easy choice to lock the game to one console platform exclusively.

"I think there were lots of factors - it was a hard decision," he said, "they're both great platforms."

Braben suggested that his studio's previous partnerships with Microsoft, such as with the Xbox One launch title Zoo Tycoon, gave him more reasons to partner with Microsoft.

"We've had a long relationship with Microsoft," he told GameSpot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Otacon wrote: »
    I haven't played Elite but my friends say it was designed for PC. I wonder how porting it over will work out.

Personally, No Man's Sky interests me more but I would like to dip my toes into Elite too.

frontier has said it will be coming, I have this on pc and it really is great

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/elite_dangerous/news/elite_dangerous_could_come_to_ps4_following_xbox_one_launch.html

ba6ac12ac4fa87bae79886f5e4657177f30faf71e6ebedb965ac1776dca726d8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Kojima posted pics of TPP PS4. Looks more orange in real life than the wine colour in the renders. Sorry can't put up pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Frontier haven't released anything on a Sony platform since 2007 so it'll be interesting if it comes out.

I already posted this in the Games section but in case you don't visit there, Rock Band 4 is releasing on PS4 (and XBO) this year, with support for old instruments and previously purchased tracks.

dstfp.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

"Frontier's head honcho David Braben confirmed that Elite: Dangerous will eventually come to PlayStation 4 sometime "down the line", following the launch of the game for Xbox One at some point this year."

I can't see this game working on a console at all but I'm very interested to see how they do it and what ti will turn out like.

Great to have space games back on a console again. I miss the Colony Wars games on the PS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Apparently the suspend/resume firmware is being beta tested at the moment. It's under NDA but people have put screens up on twitter. Basically it seems to be that you can put the console into rest mode without closing all your applications with the new firmware.

Apparently the suspend/resume firmware is being beta tested at the moment. It's under NDA but people have put screens up on twitter. Basically it seems to be that you can put the console into rest mode without closing all your applications with the new firmware.
    Don't see why that would be useful, there's more issues that should be looked at instead of this one.. For instance not being able to pause downloads which are downloading from background..

The suspend/resume option in action

PS250-Suspend-Resume-Add-Init.jpg

Other rumoured features/additions from 2.50

- Accessibility has been added to Settings. You can adjust accessibility settings such as zooming and button assignments.

HwjLvPk.jpg

- Delete trophies with zero percent.

- Search trophy details on the internet, including screenshots of scenes with trophies.

- SharePlay at 60 frames per second.

- Share trophy details and screenshots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any sign of them fixing the messaging?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Do any of you guys use Sky Go on your PS4 regularly? I have my PS4 connected to the internet via a LAN cable so the connection should be good, sometimes Sky Go works perfectly and sometimes the stream dies every five minutes, it's really annoying. Trying to figure out if it's my connection or there's some issue with the app.

When it works it's absolutely brilliant though.

For instance not being able to pause downloads which are downloading from background..[/QUOT]

They added that feature a few updates ago.

Anyone else having issues uploading saves. I have a list of them saying cannot upload every night. Next day I try to do them manually and they just won't. No reason or error code given?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Do any of you guys use Sky Go on your PS4 regularly? I have my PS4 connected to the internet via a LAN cable so the connection should be good, sometimes Sky Go works perfectly and sometimes the stream dies every five minutes, it's really annoying. Trying to figure out if it's my connection or there's some issue with the app.

When it works it's absolutely brilliant though.

I'd use it quite a bit and it tends to work fine although our internet speed isn't great so it does buffer at times but the stream doesn't die. Must be your connection.

For instance not being able to pause downloads which are downloading from background..

I think he is referring to the additional downloads games go through after the bootable section of the game finishes installing.
    Anyone else having issues uploading saves. I have a list of them saying cannot upload every night. Next day I try to do them manually and they just won't. No reason or error code given?

Check your saved data in the Settings menu. It may be that you have run out of space.

Also, clear down the Downloads and Uploads notification areas regularly. I solved a lot of the problems I was having.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Damien360

You ran out of space. Minecraft saves in particular are huge, 400-500mb. Cannot remember the ps+ space available but clearly it is not a lot. I have PS3 saves there also but I cannot see them from PS4 to delete the old ones.

If you have minecraft for vita (boxed ) is there a way to get it free for ps4?

For instance not being able to pause downloads which are downloading from background..[/QUOT]

Nope they didn't.. For instance the likes of most big titles will be say 25GB the PS4 allows you to pause the 12.5GB file that is downloading but it does not let you pause the other 12.5GB which is downloading in the background.. I have the likes of LBP3 and Tomb Raider that I can play but if I'm in an online game it seems to carry on downloading the rest of those games that hasn't been downloading..

Also fixing the download problems that like 100% of the people I know who have a ps4 would be more important than an update like this.. I don't see why someone would want to keep an application open in rest mode, just save the game and then go to rest mode if needs be.. Only way I can download now is with rest mode to get any sort of decent speed this is so irritating..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Only noticing now that there is a new PS4 megathread! :(

Share play at 60fps would be great if true.

Did anyone else pick up Helldivers? Tough as nails but an absolute load of fun.

White night is a great little :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

tok9 wrote: »
    Only noticing now that there is a new PS4 megathread! :(

Share play at 60fps would be great if true.

Did anyone else pick up Helldivers? Tough as nails but an absolute load of fun.

I've only played it a half hour so far and thought it was balanced right but I'm guessing it gets much harder. I think the devs said they may tune the galactic campaign depending on how things are going as so far it looks like everyone on earth will need to buy Helldiver's for us to stand a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Did anyone pick up a PS4 with a digital code of the Last of Us? Ordered mine from Amazon a few months back but wondering where to locate the code? Nothing in the box and don't seem to have an email from them.

Any ideas where I could locate it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Did anyone pick up a PS4 with a digital code of the Last of Us? Ordered mine from Amazon a few months back but wondering where to locate the code? Nothing in the box and don't seem to have an email from them.

Any ideas where I could locate it?

Get onto amazon chat. They'll give you one on the chat probably, or certainly sort you out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement