Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Looks like a chunk of the rubber on the left thumbstick is about to come off. Any recommendations for covers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Benzino wrote: »
    Looks like a chunk of the rubber on the left thumbstick is about to come off. Any recommendations for covers?

This thread has quite a few recommendations, incuding getting the controller replaced.

You can buy Gioteck Thumb Grips in Smyths for €5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Same with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Same with mine

I've ordered some these grips from Amazon. You can get cheaper ones on Ebay but they were taking a month to deliver (Amazon should be here by the end of the week), and apparently the grips don't fit correctly if the rubber actually comes off.

I'll also be trying to ring Sony during lunch to see if they will repair it for free, but doubt they will as it's out of warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I've ordered some these grips from Amazon. You can get cheaper ones on Ebay but they were taking a month to deliver (Amazon should be here by the end of the week), and apparently the grips don't fit correctly if the rubber actually comes off.

I'll also be trying to ring Sony during lunch to see if they will repair it for free, but doubt they will as it's out of warranty.

+1. These ones are great, you get two different sets with these and the convex ones are the best IMO. Have a set for each controller and they're still perfect over a year later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I got them and don't like either set. They just sit too high and make the motion of travel longer like the PS3 sticks which I hate. My launch day controller still looks brand new even with daily use and does not need covers, just got them to help my thumbs from slipping off.

If anyone want's them I can post them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I got them and don't like either set. They just sit too high and make the motion of travel longer like the PS3 sticks which I hate. My launch day controller still looks brand new even with daily use and does not need covers, just got them to help my thumbs from slipping off.

If anyone want's them I can post them off.

Ah, sure I'll take them if you aren't using them thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CombatCow wrote: »

Says they deliver to Ireland, and qualifies for the FFS. They look like a great fit too, and a 6 pack :eek::D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Got my first PS4 in the door today and I have to say the WIFI adapter is very weak compared to the PS3.

I have the PS4 mounted directly above the PS3 so they're in the same position and I'm getting about 10 times slower downloads.

Time to buy a TP-link powerline adapter me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Doge wrote: »
    Got my first PS4 in the door today and I have to say the WIFI adapter is very weak compared to the PS3.

I have the PS4 mounted directly above the PS3 so they're in the same position and I'm getting about 10 times slower downloads.

Time to buy a TP-link powerline adapter me thinks.

Some people have reported issues like yours and have been able to resolve it by changing the DNS settings to Googles DNS Settings.

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
    Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

It's worth a try.

sumsar wrote: »
    Some people have reported issues like yours and have been able to resolve it by changing the DNS settings to Googles DNS Settings.

Primary DNS: 8.8.8.8
    Secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4

It's worth a try.

Thanks for that man! I'll give it a shot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Allyall wrote: »
    Says they deliver to Ireland, and qualifies for the FFS. They look like a great fit too, and a 6 pack :eek::D.

For some reason none of those on amazon were working with free shipping for me, not sure if they were splitting boxes or what that made is cost, didn't buy them in the end as I've some already and I'll get more later. Other parts of the order were free but it just split them off and asked for £6 shipping.

Might have been down to trying out the new eircode, haven't ever had issues but just wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Future Primitive

Hi all,

Probably a stupid question, but...

...if I buy a PS4 game in Canada, will it work on an Irish PS4?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Hi all,

Thanks.
    yes they are region free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

11752476_435589159957487_4666012071066041401_n.jpg?oh=5550ec43a889a90bface6dff96e2f2af&oe=565C1AB0

Much as I want it, its almost 542 euro.

cloud493 wrote: »
    11752476_435589159957487_4666012071066041401_n.jpg?oh=5550ec43a889a90bface6dff96e2f2af&oe=565C1AB0

Much as I want it, its almost 542 euro.
    That is sexy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Hi all,

Thanks.

Yes, the caveat being any DLC for it might not. Or was this only a PS3 thing?

Wright wrote: »
    Yes, the caveat being any DLC for it might not. Or was this only a PS3 thing?

Im not 100% but you might be able to buy the dlc from the American store and it will work. Another issue I think I've see mentioned here is you have to play online on a U.S. account? I've never did this kind of thing so don't take my work for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Future Primitive

Thanks guys.

I generally don't play online so shouldn't be a factor for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

iamtony wrote: »
    Im not 100% but you might be able to buy the dlc from the American store and it will work. Another issue I think I've see mentioned here is you have to play online on a U.S. account? I've never did this kind of thing so don't take my work for it.

DLC would also require a U.S. account to access the american store, right?

I've read on reddit that some users got banned for game sharing.

I have an Irish and U.S. PSN account.

Would it be dodgy to use both accounts on my trustworthy friends PS4, and set his as primary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Anyone played God of war 3 ps4 yet? What do you think?

Also anyone play payday 2 on here? It's a hidden gem. It's like rocket league and would only get its due exposure if it went on ps plus.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Doge wrote: »
    I've read on reddit that some users got banned for game sharing.

I have an Irish and U.S. PSN account.

Would it be dodgy to use both accounts on my trustworthy friends PS4, and set his as primary?

Read the charter:
    5. No discussion on game sharing/swapping as of December 2009. Sony have updated their T&C's for PSN to disallow this act unless you are re-installing games on your own second or replacement PS3. They will ban you for game sharing, and as such boards.ie cannot facilitate discussion on game sharing anymore.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Read the charter:
    Sorry about that F1ngers, new to this sub-forum so didn't know, charter read! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

Can anyone recommend good Home plugs to use with UPC horizon? I always had a router with UPC in the past and connected my PS4 wirelessly, and it worked fine. However, I recently changed to UPC Horizon and now the PS4 keeps kicking me out of co op online gaming whenever it feels like it :(
    Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Journey for the PS4 is on the store now at 11.99. Is it worth it at this price for somebody who never played it on the Ps3 or am I better off waiting for it to go down in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Journey was up on the PSN last night, but was showing as a purchase rather than a free download if you own the PS3 version.
    Not sure if its been resolved today as I haven't had the system on, but its certainly showing as a free download through the PSN App.
    About 2.5 GB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

McDermotX wrote: »
    Journey was up on the PSN last night, but was showing as a purchase rather than a free download if you own the PS3 version.
    Not sure if its been resolved today as I haven't had the system on, but its certainly showing as a free download through the PSN App.
    About 2.5 GB

It's free now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement