Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I got my download. Bit of a pain since I had to get it from the PC store rather than the PS4, but its there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Any good deals on PS4 around, for a friend, i see the 399 deal in argos that comes with 1tb, ps tv and golf game.

friend isnt keen on golf game though or ps tv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Any good deals on PS4 around, for a friend, i see the 399 deal in argos that comes with 1tb, ps tv and golf game.

Then he should go around the corner to the CEX and trade them in ;)

Alternatively, depending on what he'd be willing to let the PSTV go for, I'd take it off his hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Rossi IRL wrote: »

Well the standard deal elsewhere is the 1TB console and the PS TV for 399.99.

I'd suggest he/she purchases that deal and trades in the PS TV and game to somewhere like cex / sell them on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

I got the deal in Argos yesterday:

1TB Ultimate Edition PS4
    Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
    Playstation TV

All for €399.99... didn't know whether this was a mistake or not because they were selling the 500gb console alone for €444.99 so I reserved, grabbed and ran before someone copped a mistake if it was made lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ghogie91 wrote: »
    I got the deal in Argos yesterday:

1TB Ultimate Edition PS4
    Rory McIlroy PGA Tour
    Playstation TV

All for €399.99... didn't know whether this was a mistake or not because they were selling the 500gb console alone for €444.99 so I reserved, grabbed and ran before someone copped a mistake if it was made lol

It's not a mistake - Argos have been offering some good deals recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Everyone is also desperate to dump those Playstation TV boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Ugh have the physical version of Journey, not buyin it again just for the PS4 version, sure it will be a PS+ game in the next 6 months.

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's not a mistake - Argos have been offering some good deals recently.

Its not just Argos; HMV and Smyths are also doing this free PSTV promotion. The golf game is just Argos though.

If anyone is picking up a 1TB PS4 and doesn't want the PSTV shoot me a PM :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Everyone is also desperate to dump those Playstation TV boxes

No one more so than Sony themselves from the looks of it.

First they cut the price in half, now they are giving it away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

PS TV is underrated, I'm telling ya, it's handy to have if you have the ecosystem for it :)

Only way to play vita now imo. Not springing €200 for a dead platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Hi Guys,

I'm having abit of a dispute with Sony at the moment. The R2 trigger has completely given up, it doesn't bounce back and playing games is completely useless. I contacted Sony and said my warranty is out by 3 weeks and are refusing to even repair it. A year isn't a reasonable time for a controller to last especially with mild usage, in my opinion. My day one PS3 controller works just as well as the day I got it. Am I fighting a losing fight here or is there anything I can do?

Wright wrote: »
    Only way to play vita now imo. Not springing €200 for a dead platform.

It is far from dead, well unless you're looking for AAA games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Zhane wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I'm having abit of a dispute with Sony at the moment. The R2 trigger has completely given up, it doesn't bounce back and playing games is completely useless. I contacted Sony and said my warranty is out by 3 weeks and are refusing to even repair it. A year isn't a reasonable time for a controller to last especially with mild usage, in my opinion. My day one PS3 controller works just as well as the day I got it. Am I fighting a losing fight here or is there anything I can do?

Check in consumer issues but I'm pretty sure you should be covered.
    Something about your consumer rights for a product that was going to break... :confused::o
    I'm being very vague, I'm not 100% but I do remember reading somewhere about European rights. If something has a known issue (in this case it does) you should be covered for 6 years.

You'll get better advice in the linked forum or maybe from one of these links.

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods?gclid=CPKh7t_n7MYCFWKJ2wodCK4OcA
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/guarantees.html

EDIT -

I'm pretty sure it's the Sale of Goods act that might provide your answer - http://thecai.ie/your-rights/your-rights/know-your-rights/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I've just got Journey for PS4 on the online store for free. Is this a glitch? I know it's supposed to be free if you're bought the PS3 but I never got it. Checked my purchase history and emails and there's nothing there.

Is the 1TB model the new PS4 model, or the original?

cloud493 wrote: »
    Is the 1TB model the new PS4 model, or the original?

Its a new model, it is lighter and uses less power, but still uses the original console architecture.

Xenji wrote: »
    Its a new model, it is lighter and uses less power.

Kinda tempted if a good argos deal comes up.

• Advertisement

I've just got Journey for PS4 on the online store for free. Is this a glitch? I know it's supposed to be free if you're bought the PS3 but I never got it. Checked my purchase history and emails and there's nothing there.

If it is a glitch you are lucky, tried it there and it still is asking for €11.99 :(

It is far from dead, well unless you're looking for AAA games.

Sure am. SONY can keep their indie and waifu titles :)

Its a new model, it is lighter and uses less power, but still uses the original console architecture.

Incorrect. That version of the console is still JP only and not part of the new bundle. You'll be able to tell when it arrives, the HDD bay cover is matte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

If it is a glitch you are lucky, tried it there and it still is asking for €11.99 :(

I know there was an issue with cross buy users earlier and I've since read on Twitter that they issued a fix around the time I just happened to browse the PS store. Right place and time I guess especially since I was on to buy the game anyway. That's 12 saved. Think of the amount of sweets I can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I never downloaded it before and I went into it there and the price was €11.99. I went into download and it worked, it's downloading right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭TheZPPanda

Sure am. SONY can keep their indie and waifu titles :)

Not playing games because they're indies is something I'll never understand

Incorrect. That version of the console is still JP only and not part of the new bundle. You'll be able to tell when it arrives, the HDD bay cover is matte.

So basically the CUH-1200 version will not be seen over here for awhile, missed the update on this, nearly all outlets though that is what we were getting up till last month.

I know there was an issue with cross buy users earlier and I've since read on Twitter that they issued a fix around the time I just happened to browse the PS store. Right place and time I guess especially since I was on to buy the game anyway. That's 12 saved. Think of the amount of sweets I can get.
    GerB40 wrote: »
    I never downloaded it before and I went into it there and the price was €11.99. I went into download and it worked, it's downloading right now.

Just worked there for me as well, used an account I have no money in and it is now downloading, I do not feel bad as I already have the disk version :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is the vanishing of Ethan Carter worth a buy?
    Really like the look of the game but €17 ain't cheap

• Advertisement

TheZPPanda wrote: »
    Not playing games because they're indies is something I'll never understand

I like some meat with my veg.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement