Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

Capslock wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend good Home plugs to use with UPC horizon? I always had a router with UPC in the past and connected my PS4 wirelessly, and it worked fine. However, I recently changed to UPC Horizon and now the PS4 keeps kicking me out of co op online gaming whenever it feels like it :(
    Thanks!

I got a set in argos. About 30 quid. Work like a charm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

rocket league = Game of the Year

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭TheZPPanda

Wright wrote: »
    I like some meat with my veg.

You're missing out on some great experiences though! I'm happy to play any game so long as it's quality

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is the vanishing of Ethan Carter worth a buy?
    Really like the look of the game but €17 ain't cheap

How much longer is it €17 for? I think I will pick it up.

I've heard good things from when it came out on PC and it sounds like something I'd be interested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Xenji wrote: »
    Just worked there for me as well, used an account I have no money in and it is now downloading, I do not feel bad as I already have the disk version :D

Bah, not working for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Xenji wrote: »
    Just worked there for me as well, used an account I have no money in and it is now downloading, I do not feel bad as I already have the disk version :D

I presume it said Download instead of Add to Cart?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

TheZPPanda wrote: »
    You're missing out on some great experiences though! I'm happy to play any game so long as it's quality

I play some indie games, for a while. Bastion was good, I'm sure Transistor is ok, Fez is ok too, and there's probably lots out there. But the indie genre is saturated to a ridiculous point with 2D sprite 'high score' style games; I'm more into story and gameplay a little more involved than 'jump'.

But they can't sustain a platform. No matter what Yoshida thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Doge wrote: »

For me, it said "Free" and add to cart, then a download option after I made my purchase. It didn't say it was previously purchased and I even checked that I hadn't bought it before to be sure that I wasn't losing my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I can't even access the store now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Doge wrote: »

Yeah, it was not working with my Irish account, used my US one and it came up as free and then download it from the cart, the release on the store today has been really buggy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Bastion is only $3.45 on US PSN store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

For me, it said "Free" and add to cart, then a download option after I made my purchase. It didn't say it was previously purchased and I even checked that I hadn't bought it before to be sure that I wasn't losing my mind.

Weird, mine said it was €11.99 but I just pressed download and it downloaded for free. Exactly like a PS+ game. And I only have an Irish account. PS Store seems to be a bit fúcked up this evening...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is the vanishing of Ethan Carter worth a buy?
    Really like the look of the game but €17 ain't cheap

On PC Vanishing of Ethan Carter is probably the single best looking game I've ever played, and I'm not at all exaggerating there. I booted it up right after building my PC and first thought was 'ah, so that's what the next-gen looks like!'. Once you get past the 'oooohhhh pretty foliage' effect which is absolutely a thing with the game, it is actually a really interesting little game. Some of the set pieces are magnificent, and it has plenty of neat little detective puzzles (and one or two that are a little awkward in execution). Narratively it's extremely well done, and elegantly paced (although I say that as someone who considers brevity in games a very, very good thing). It would be in the upper tier of recent indie games - if not quite at the very top, not far off either. It does prove that 'indie' does not mean skimping on production values though - I'm hoping its added to PS Plus at some point to see how it compares to the PC version. Would be much happier paying €17 for it than asking price for most AAA games.

Did I mention it looks magnificent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Journey is as great as I remember. Great that it's on the PS4 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Johnny you have me sold on The Disappearance Of Ethan Carter, The Astronauts should have you on commission!

Firmware 2.57 now available
    Main features in version 2.57 update
    System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
    Size: 233.8 MB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah, I've been hoping it comes out on PS plus for a while tho... May wait until I have nothing left to play then buy it though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wright wrote: »
    I'm more into story and gameplay a little more involved than 'jump'.

You'll be surprised to find out, then, that many of the most narratively complex and ambitious games out there are independently produced, while others continue to probe more complex, challenging gameplay concepts than big budget releases :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bought Bastion, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The Escapists and The Binding of Issac

moneyov8scp.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Where are you folks getting your 2TB upgrade HDD from? Crucial Memory don't seem to have the 2TB option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Where is the vita version of Bastion? I assume if I buy it I'll have it crossbuy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

faceman wrote: »
    Where are you folks getting your 2TB upgrade HDD from? Crucial Memory don't seem to have the 2TB option.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-9-5mm-Internal-Drive-Compatible/dp/B00I8O6OQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437570176&sr=8-1&keywords=2tb+hdd+ps4

I have the 1TB version of this in my PS3 for over a year now. Works great. The price of this is how much I payed for the 1Tb version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Bastion for €3.75, go on then. (they'd better not give it away on PS+ in August)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Can you back up your whole ps4 now or only the saves when you want to change hard drive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

So jealous of anyone who now gets to play Journey for the first time. Top five game of all time for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Beefy78 wrote: »
    So jealous of anyone who now gets to play Journey for the first time. Top five game of all time for me.

Is it great in the same way as people said flower was great? I didn't think much of flower dispite the rave reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Can you back up your whole ps4 now or only the saves when you want to change hard drive?

Whole thing, recent enough change l.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

iamtony wrote: »
    Is it great in the same way as people said flower was great? I didn't think much of flower dispite the rave reviews.

Flower was a great game. Play it with the controller out in front of you while you lay out on the couch. The music, athmosphere, colour was fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement