Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Siren is not as overpowered in the second games as that class was in the first. I went with the Hunter in the first game and soldier in the second, his turret ability is very handy when you are playing solo as it can be used to divert enemy fire and give you time for your shields to recharge.

They are all fairly balanced in the the second game, the sniper starts off fairly weak but he becomes very powerful later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Gunzerker all the way. Never mind that tactics and hiding malark, bail in all guns blazing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats kings quest about? Is it an episodic game? I see its out this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Another sale starting this week. Some good offers.
    Borderlands the Handsome collection -was €59.99 now €29.99
    Alien Isolation was €69.99 now €19.99

Official list

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭TinCanMan

Another sale starting this week. Some good offers.
    Borderlands the Handsome collection -was €59.99 now €29.99
    Alien Isolation was €69.99 now €19.99

Official list

Wow. Cheers for this. I've been wanting to buy Borderlands the Handsome collection for a while now but simply haven't had the funds. With the two games and all the DLC it was good value at €59.99 but €29.99 is simply a steal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

TinCanMan wrote: »
    Wow. Cheers for this. I've been wanting to buy Borderlands the Handsome collection for a while now but simply haven't had the funds. With the two games and all the DLC it was good value at €59.99 but €29.99 is simply a steal.

Yeah I was the same. Was planning to get it in Argos for €50 but this price is a a steal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Went onto the store and it's advertising far cry 4 on ps4 for 17.49 on the sale front page. When I click into it, it's 34.99 with 10% off for plus. Absolutely sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

blaa85 wrote: »
    Went onto the store and it's advertising far cry 4 on ps4 for 17.49 on the sale front page. When I click into it, it's 34.99 with 10% off for plus. Absolutely sickened.

That'd be an insta-buy if I saw it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So did anyone kings quest? episode 1 is 20 euro and the season pass is 40 o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No but I heard really good things about the first episode anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Argos the cheapest place to buy a new ps4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

airmax87 wrote: »
    Argos the cheapest place to buy a new ps4?

yep €350 with bloodborne or another offer of €350 with a choice of 2 games, check the special offers tab on the console page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

cloud493 wrote: »

Does it include the game? What's up with that price? Can Gamestop bump it up?

I was holding out for a MGS PS4. Was disappointed when it came out with that paintjob, not a fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wright wrote: »
    Does it include the game? What's up with that price? Can Gamestop bump it up?

I was holding out for a MGS PS4. Was disappointed when it came out with that paintjob, not a fan.

It does include the game, I think they can bump the price, but I took a screenshot of the current price and got my pre-order down, so hopefully if I'm nice to the staff it'll stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

GF is looking to get the PS4 camera to play Just Dance. Is there any use for the camera other than that game and the playroom thing?

I'm not going to be creating videos of meplaying games for youtube or anything.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

GF is looking to get the PS4 camera to play Just Dance. Is there any use for the camera other than that game and the playroom thing?

Your girlfriend might though :V

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Possibly in some games, I believe in Alien Isolation it uses the camera to listen for noises in the room and if it hears something it can attract the Alien or other foes.

It's also necessary if you every decide to go with Sony's VR offering, Morpheous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

RedXIV wrote: »
    It's also necessary if you every decide to go with Sony's VR offering, Morpheous

It can also be used to earwig on whoever is in the room where the camera and ps4 is and your connecting to it via remote play on the vita;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

iamtony wrote: »
    It can also be used to earwig on whoever is in the room where the camera and ps4 is and your connecting to it via remote play on the vita;-)

There's something wrong with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Batesy wrote: »
    There's something wrong with you.

Yep! Im actually surprised they haven't stopped this happening it's definitely an invasion of privacy thing and I've never seen it mentioned before. I've often remote played from my car and I can hear the missus on the phone or hear what she's watching on telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

iamtony wrote: »

Sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Talos Principle is coming on the 13th of October, it is a fantastic game if you have the patience for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Best thing about the camera is it logs you in with Facial recognition, and you can tell it what game to load etc (similar to Kinect) that's about all I ever use it for tbh, I don't broadcast all that much....

At least it works with Morpheus, if I decide to take a look at that down the line... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'm considering buying a PS4 and, for those that have the console for a while, would it be better to pick up the 1 TB version? i.e. does the hard drive fill up fast

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I'm considering buying a PS4 and, for those that have the console for a while, would it be better to pick up the 1 TB version? i.e. does the hard drive fill up fast

It does fill up quite fast, I changed my hdd for a 2TB one a few months after getting my launch console, it is not only the games that eat up the space, but patches also take up a lot of space these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

One of my DS4s has developed a drift in the left stick - it might push down a bit when trying to hold up, for example. It's minor but very noticeable in some games. Anyone had this issue? Anything that can be done outside of taking it apart or trying to get it repaired/replaced?

One of my DS4s has developed a drift in the left stick - it might push down a bit when trying to hold up, for example. It's minor but very noticeable in some games. Anyone had this issue? Anything that can be done outside of taking it apart or trying to get it repaired/replaced?

If it's anything like the DS3, nothing will fix it, I tried everything to fix 3 of my controllers that all developed what i'm calling "ghosting", where buttons seemed to be activated randomly. Still no success :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

If you bought it in xtravision vision then just bring it back (assuming u have a receipt) ,and they'll just give you a new one no questions asked.. The exact same thing happened to me with the left stick and they just looked at it to make sure I didn't smash it against a wall and gave me a working one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement