Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

I'll be all over the uncharted remaster, great games to replay, but no chance I'd be paying a premium for a special edition just to get a fancy case, a sheet of stickers and a book of artwork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Never owned a PS3 or played Unchartered so really looking forward to this collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I owned a PS3 but it was really just a bluray player after a while.
    Really looking forward to the Uncharted collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Lemlin wrote: »
    Never owned a PS3 or played Unchartered so really looking forward to this collection.

You're in for a treat so, especially the second game. The first game is a bit weak but it sets up the character and story of Drake and Sully. The second game is one of the best games ever released for the PS3, it won game of the year overall for all formats all over on many websites and the Golden Joystick awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

You're in for a treat so, especially the second game. The first game is a bit weak but it sets up the character and story of Drake and Sully. The second game is one of the best games ever released for the PS3, it won game of the year overall for all formats all over on many websites and the Golden Joystick awards.
    The third isn't half bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    I'm considering buying a PS4 and, for those that have the console for a while, would it be better to pick up the 1 TB version? i.e. does the hard drive fill up fast

So what would be the consensus then, pay the extra for the 1 TB or buy the 500 GB and then once filled swap it for a 2 TB drive?

Also, on average how large are games to download and install?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

So what would be the consensus then, pay the extra for the 1 TB or buy the 500 GB and then once filled swap it for a 2 TB drive?

Triple A titles can vary from 25-45GB ish but that excludes DLC and patches. I just downloaded Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, game was 27GB but had a 10GB patch.

The issue with buying the 500GB and then upgrading to the 2TB is you'll have to re-download any games you had on the 500GB drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Depends. Some games can be 50GB while others are anywhere between that and a few hundred MB. The PSN store will show you how big the games are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'd get the 500 GB and just swap on day one for 2TB, no fuss later with downloading stuff. That's the way I did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

chunkydave wrote: »
    The issue with buying the 500GB and then upgrading to the 2TB is you'll have to re-download any games you had on the 500GB drive.

You can backup game data to another hard drive and just restore it to the new one

Bnd8nNb.png
    Good image guide of how to upgrade hard drive
    http://imgur.com/a/9giKA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Re Uncharted I played through all of the PS3 games for the first time in the last 18 months or so. The second is by far the stand-out. The first is good although very repetitive - it doesn't have the multiple different locations and set pieces of its sequels which really brighten them up.

I struggled with 3, tbh. It felt rushed and a real step down from the second game. I've high hopes for the fourth installment though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Here's an issue that I'd forgotten was an issue. Just watching a blue ray here and the audio keeps going out of sync is there a fix for this?

There is nothing at all about Everyone's Gone to the Rapture and it's out next week. It's not even on PSN as coming soon or to pre order. I know it's only a 3 hour game, Journey is shorter than that but still nadda.

I'm getting worried with the lack of any sort of backing at all from this exclusive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's an experimental game from a tiny independent studio. It has received plenty of coverage from the likes of Eurogamer, Edge etc... over the last few months. Frankly given the type of game it is it's getting an unusual amount of coverage, and I reckon the publicity efforts will ensure it is played by a reasonably large audience. Most independent and download games don't typically get the sort of 'digital pre-order' coverage that AAAs do anyway.

It's an experimental game from a tiny independent studio. It has received plenty of coverage from the likes of Eurogamer, Edge etc... over the last few months. Frankly given the type of game it is it's getting an unusual amount of coverage, and I reckon the publicity efforts will ensure it is played by a reasonably large audience. Most independent and download games don't typically get the sort of 'digital pre-order' coverage that AAAs do anyway.

Yeah it has got good coverage up till now. It's just that there has been nothing since E3 and it's out in 7 days. If you were not following this game from a while back no one knows this is out next week at all. Total media blackout, unless they can't talk about it anymore as it's so short it would be ruined.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah it has got good coverage up till now. It's just that there has been nothing since E3 and it's out in 7 days. If you were not following this game from a while back no one knows this is out next week at all. Total media blackout, unless they can't talk about it anymore as it's so short it would be ruined.

You mean aside from the dozens of publications that wrote up articles about its launch trailer over the last few days :pac:

There has also been two in-depth features about the game in the Guardian of all places over the last week:
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jul/30/everybodys-gone-to-the-rapture-video-game-sound-music
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jul/22/everybodys-gone-to-the-rapture-game-apocalypse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I just got a PS4 today, is the download speed nomrally **** like this ?, I know its not my network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

airmax87 wrote: »
    I just got a PS4 today, is the download speed nomrally **** like this ?, I know its not my network.

Yeah the download speeds can be atrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

airmax87 wrote: »

You picked a bad day, new plus games are out few million people are hammering the servers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Varik wrote: »
    You picked a bad day, new plus games are out few million people are hammering the servers.

Yeeeeeeeh, but it's pretty bad overall.

• Advertisement

I guess I just had my first decent online experience in ages. Playing F1 2015, which is a nightmare trying to get into a working online game. First couple of races some dick was cheating, i.e. race starts, instant win for this guy. I kept going cause I was listening to podcasts and eventually there was just me and one other guy. Kept racing, just the pair of us, swapping wins by fractions of a second, very close the whole way for the last half hour or so. Lot of fun.

Normally my online experiences utterly suck. But this was great.

Such a pity the F1 2015 lobby system is a complete disaster.

How could he be cheating, was this on PS3?

I'm getting 'you're not eligible to purchase' on a few PS+ titles, anyone know what's up? If I'm paying I'm eligible!!

Wright wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea. These were 5-lap races, soon as the races would begin up would pop the guy's name and the win logo. Complete 1 lap of the 5 and the race was over. PS4. Three times in a row.

mickstupp wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea. These were 5-lap races, soon as the races would begin up would pop the guy's name and the win logo. Complete 1 lap of the 5 and the race was over. PS4. Three times in a row.

Huh (talk about pointless huh) has PS4 been hacked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Its probably in the thread here somewhere but does anyone know the right MTU settings for UPC horizon box (worst device in the world)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

I'm getting 'you're not eligible to purchase' on a few PS+ titles, anyone know what's up? If I'm paying I'm eligible!!

Are you trying to buy both the PS34/4 and Vita versions. I've you already have one in your basket then it gives you this error. Once you 'buy' the other then this changes to purchased automatically.

W

Huh (talk about pointless huh) has PS4 been hacked?
    Don't think so, probably just a game-specific exploit he found. Happens to a lot of leaderboards over time. Scores that aren't possible. Someone getting a 1.03.372 lap time in Australia did not get that time honestly. Even cutting every single corner you can't make that time (I think), and even cutting one of them invalidates the lap time automatically. Yet he's top of the leaderboards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Just a quick query and maybe I'm missing something. Why the need to upgrade your PS4 for space? Would you not just delete games as you finish them?

Your game saves are still saved separately I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Just a quick query and maybe I'm missing something. Why the need to upgrade your PS4 for space? Would you not just delete games as you finish them?

Yes that's what I do but I'm still short on space with a standard 500Gb and I can't decide what games to delete, it's a first world problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Because if you want to go back and play an old game, it's a pain in the hole downloading/installing it all over again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement