Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

iamtony wrote: »
    I decided to test right now and it says. Cannot connect within the time limit.

And that on 240Mb upc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

iamtony wrote: »
    And that on 240Mb upc

Wired?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

I picked up a monitor there just to have something in time for MGS. Like most monitors it doesn't have speakers. Can I get game audio out of the controller jack? Menu sounds aren't coming through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wright wrote: »
    I picked up a monitor there just to have something in time for MGS. Like most monitors it doesn't have speakers. Can I get game audio out of the controller jack? Menu sounds aren't coming through.

Hold the ps button, audio/devices or something, and you'll see the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Wright wrote: »

Are you sure you've set it to output all audio?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Varik wrote: »
    Hold the ps button, audio/devices or something, and you'll see the option.

Graci graci for the quick answers lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just got 2TB hard drive from Amazon. Does the hard drive that you use to backup your data need to be exFAT or is NTFS alright ?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Just got 2TB hard drive from Amazon. Does the hard drive that you use to backup your data need to be exFAT or is NTFS alright ?
    It needs to be exFAT or FAT32 for the PS4 to recognise it.

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    It needs to be exFAT or FAT32 for the PS4 to recognise it.

Cheers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hey all, is the store down on PS4, stuck on a please wait loading screen for ages now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is the third great PS4 exclusive after Bloodborne and Resogun. Take the plunge y'all :)

*eagerly anticipating the response of those who disagree vehemently*

New competition on PS Blog.
    https://competition.eu.playstation.com/fullyloadedturbo/en_IE/
    Prizes include
    Six PS4 systems are up for grabs for the platinum prize winner – including the sought-after 20th Anniversary Edition and the brand-new Ultimate Player 1TB Edition.

They’ll also get a 43-inch and a 55-inch Sony’s Android W75C TV, a Xperia Z3 Compact smartphone, a Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, a SmartWatch 3 Metal, 48 games, a 12-month PlayStation Plus membership and a huge range of peripherals and accessories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

New competition on PS Blog.
    https://competition.eu.playstation.com/fullyloadedturbo/en_IE/
    Prizes include

There's guaranteed to be some geebag who works for Sony and has the exact answer to the tiebreaker question and will sell it off to a mate. The tiebreaker question makes it a very unfair competition IMO, just leave it out and do a random draw from who got the 5 questions right, which is pretty much everyone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is the third great PS4 exclusive after Bloodborne and Resogun. Take the plunge y'all :)

*eagerly anticipating the response of those who disagree vehemently*

Think I'll take the plunge and get it, How big is the download?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Think I'll take the plunge and get it, How big is the download?

5.7GB with a 313MB day one update.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    5.7GB with a 313MB day one update.

Ohhhh :/

Better see if I can delete something :/

martyos121 wrote: »
    There's guaranteed to be some geebag who works for Sony and has the exact answer to the tiebreaker question and will sell it off to a mate. The tiebreaker question makes it a very unfair competition IMO, just leave it out and do a random draw from who got the 5 questions right, which is pretty much everyone.

Stopped entering these type, no point.

Limit it to plus accounts would be better.

At this stage it's likly over a billion, guessing around 2- 3 so that's a very wide range.

But if they'd past a billion they'd likly have announced it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Looks like firmware 3.0 is being tested currently. Rumoured features include:

Version 3.00 The main features that are updated in the beta

- "Event" menu is added that allows you to find events related to Playstation, join them and watch them.
    - "Community" is added to "friend" menu that allows you to make new community or join existing ones.
    - "Now Playing" is added to "friend", "community", "message" and profile screen that allows you to display games members are currently playing. You can request to join their games or
    request to broadcast the game.
    - "Message" function has been improved that it displays "now playing" and allows you to start party easily. You can add groups to your favorite list
    - You can broadcast via YouTube
    - You can upload short (10 sec) game clips to Twitter.
    - "Live from PlayStation" not only includes broadcasts, but video clips and screenshots.
    - In "Accessibility" the speed of automatic scrolling can be changed.
    - You can now enter a comment in the activity of What's New.
    - A "PlayStation Plus" section has been added so you can check the free content and discounts available.
    - Sub-accounts for children are now available with better parental controls.

Apparently, for the last update, the time from testing to full roll out was about two weeks so this may drop before the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They better make sure it's out and working properly before MGSV launches. If not then they should hold off or there will alot of angry gamers.

I still want sign in notifications to see when friends are online so I don't have to check for them all the time.

They better make sure it's out and working properly before MGSV launches. If not then they should hold off or there will alot of angry gamers.

I still want sign in notifications to see when friends are online so I don't have to check for them all the time.

Yeah that last part is a must. PSN are trying to be too much like Facebook, when gaming requires a completely different set of social features.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

I have no interest in the whole social aspect of the gaming experience and wish they would allow us to reassign the share button to something else like music or one button internet or downloads or what ever we want really.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Anyone else think the ps4 has been a let down? Not one game has impressed me yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Anyone else think the ps4 has been a let down? Not one game has impressed me yet.

Bloodborne exists, among other games, so I'm pretty happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Yeah, I really thought every game would be 60fps but it turns out that they are actually quite scarce. There are some games that are only available on PS4 that I've got great value from but overall I expected a lot more by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Good lord, can we not just have a 'offline' mode? Sometimes I want to 'be' online but not BE online... is it really that hard?

god's toy wrote: »
    Good lord, can we not just have a 'offline' mode? Sometimes I want to 'be' online but not BE online... is it really that hard?

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2014/05/21/ability-to-appear-offline/

You're not alone,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The console itself has not really been a let down, more to do with games still being cross-gen for the most part, console parity, remasters, and a lack of diverse titles ( excluding indie games ).

If you look at the first two years of the PS2 and PS3 there was a gulf of games released by studios, now we about 200+ studios less and with developers shifting away from AAA territory, games are now coming out as a trickle ( again excluding indies ).

It's not just a PS4 issue, the Wii U and XB1 are suffering similar.

god's toy wrote: »

This. I can't stand all the stupid invites I'm getting when I'm immersed in a good RPG or just trying to wind down and relax. Appear offline would be the best feature they could possibly implement, I would "appear offline" quite a bit lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I've played some amazing games and had some of my best gaming experiences on PS4. But the ps4 console itself is a let down.

All this "greatness awaits" crap yet it's download speeds on the store are horrendous even on a 259mbps line that gets about 30mbps on PS4 wireless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

martyos121 wrote: »
    Yeah that last part is a must. PSN are trying to be too much like Facebook, when gaming requires a completely different set of social features.

As long as it is optional. I used to hate, hate, hate getting those notifications on PS3.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement