Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anybody forced to set their social privacy when logging on to PSN this evening? Seemed rather random.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Otacon wrote: »
    Looks like firmware 3.0 is being tested currently. Rumoured features include:

Version 3.00 The main features that are updated in the beta

- "Event" menu is added that allows you to find events related to Playstation, join them and watch them.
    - "Community" is added to "friend" menu that allows you to make new community or join existing ones.
    - "Now Playing" is added to "friend", "community", "message" and profile screen that allows you to display games members are currently playing. You can request to join their games or
    request to broadcast the game.
    - "Message" function has been improved that it displays "now playing" and allows you to start party easily. You can add groups to your favorite list
    - You can broadcast via YouTube
    - You can upload short (10 sec) game clips to Twitter.
    - "Live from PlayStation" not only includes broadcasts, but video clips and screenshots.
    - In "Accessibility" the speed of automatic scrolling can be changed.
    - You can now enter a comment in the activity of What's New.
    - A "PlayStation Plus" section has been added so you can check the free content and discounts available.
    - Sub-accounts for children are now available with better parental controls.

Apparently, for the last update, the time from testing to full roll out was about two weeks so this may drop before the end of the month.

Will we ever be able to use screenshots as backgrounds? Seems like it should be a straightforward feature to add.

Got some cool Witcher, TLOU and Journey screenshots that I'd love to use as backgrounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New discounts are available on Store, you need to search for them as they won't officially go live until 12pm
    Some discounts include
    Battlefield 4 - €11.99 (Premium Edition €27.99)
    AC Black Flag - €15.19
    The Evil Within - €19.99
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date&page=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Stupid question alert. If I have premium for BF4 for the PS3, can I just buy the bog standard BF4 for the PS4 and get all the DLCs from my premium account? That's worded terribly but I hope you understand what I'm asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New discounts are available on Store, you need to search for them as they won't officially go live until 12pm
    Some discounts include
    Battlefield 4 - €11.99 (Premium Edition €27.99)
    AC Black Flag - €15.19
    The Evil Within - €19.99
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date&page=1

Bollllliiixxxxxx

I got fifa the other day as i had 20 quid credit. Would have waited to get the evil within at that price though.

Is BF4 any good? Very cheap price and I remember having a great laugh with Bad Company 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Getting a PS4 for my birthday.

Argos have it for €369.99 with 2 free games from this list: The Last of Us; Driveclub; The Order 1886; Minecraft; Little Big Planet 3.

This seems to be the best value out there? I definitely want to play The Last of Us which I haven't played yet (didn't have a PS3)

Also looking forward to Bloodborne, FFX/X-II (never played), Unchartered collection (never played), GTAV, FIFA (pretty much any sports games tbh)

Any other recommended bundles out there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Tempted by Unity for €28, but is it still a glitch mess? Also, is it even a good game apart from the glitches?

martyos121 wrote: »
    Tempted by Unity for €28, but is it still a glitch mess? Also, is it even a good game apart from the glitches?

they released a 6GB patch that fixed most of the glitches. Never ran into any problems when I played it. I found the game fun to play and the parkour and combat is much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

they released a 6GB patch that fixed most of the glitches. Never ran into any problems when I played it. I found the game fun to play and the parkour and combat is much better.

Cool, might get it so. Really tempted by Payday 2 as well, it's probably going to be one or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Cex still offering 14 for bf4, might trade it in and rebuy it.

Bf4 still massively supported, dice releasing new night version of maps and new community maps coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Varik wrote: »
    Cex still offering 14 for bf4, might trade it in and rebuy it.

Bf4 still massively supported, dice releasing new night version of maps and new community maps coming.

What is the campaign like on BF4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What is the campaign like on BF4?

Horrendous.. up there with the worst SP games I've ever played. I stopped after about 4-5 chapters when 2 tanks just spawned in front of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

tok9 wrote: »
    Horrendous.. up there with the worst SP games I've ever played. I stopped after about 4-5 chapters when 2 tanks just spawned in front of me.

Oh right, glad I asked. Thanks for the heads up.
    I'll give it a miss so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

It's not that bad. Fair enough, unless you're trophy hunting you'll only ever want to finish it once. It's a fps, campaign is practically irrelevant...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Its actually decent. Took a lot of patches. But it definitely had its moments of being fun. Bugs happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

GerB40 wrote: »
    It's not that bad. Fair enough, unless you're trophy hunting you'll only ever want to finish it once. It's a fps, campaign is practically irrelevant...

Say that to Wolfenstein, I dare ya! ;-)

GerB40 wrote: »

Ah there are plenty of great FPS games out there or at minimum plenty that are a lot better than BF4. Bioshock games, Wolfenstein, Bulletstorm, Far Cry... Even BF3 is better and that was awful too.
    Wright wrote: »
    Its actually decent. Took a lot of patches. But it definitely had its moments of being fun. Bugs happen.

It wasn't a bug, it was actually how the level played out. You walk past a certain point and 2 tanks will spawn, not just come from somewhere. They will spawn a few feet in front of you and to your left. That's embarrassing for a game with the resources BF4 had.

It wasn't a bug, it was actually how the level played out. You walk past a certain point and 2 tanks will spawn, not just come from somewhere. They will spawn a few feet in front of you and to your left. That's embarrassing for a game with the resources BF4 had.

Them spawning late, in your line of sight, is a bug. Unintended on the part of the developer=bug.

No they do not spawn late. They spawn exactly when you cross a certain point. It's the same as crossing a checkpoint. It definitely is not a bug.

It's the same as when you see 4 soldiers coming out of a door, it's a spawn point. Except DICE/EA didn't give a **** about the single player campaign and didn't even bother to make spawning look okay. I say okay cause really who likes spawning at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is the save game disaster fixed? Havent tried it in ages and there was only so many times i was willing to play through that first chapter only to not have it aave progress:(

what type of screw driver is used to open the screw the holds the hard drive in the PS4. It's the only thing stopping me from installing new hard drive. Have tried all kinds of phillips screw drivers but are all too big.

Is there a Twitch app on PS4?

No they do not spawn late. They spawn exactly when you cross a certain point. It's the same as crossing a checkpoint. It definitely is not a bug.

It's the same as when you see 4 soldiers coming out of a door, it's a spawn point. Except DICE/EA didn't give a **** about the single player campaign and didn't even bother to make spawning look okay. I say okay cause really who likes spawning at all.

If something spawns right in front of you, in single player, that is the definition of spawning late. That is a bug. Why? Cause I never had it happen to me all the way through SP. So what happened to you was not planned by the devs. So its a bug. From what I see about the game the devs cared a great deal about BF4. A lot was broken at launch cause EA forced it out. But that wouldn't affect placement of spawn points.

If something spawns right in front of you, in single player, that is the definition of spawning late. That is a bug. Why? Cause I never had it happen to me all the way through SP. So what happened to you was not planned by the devs. So its a bug. From what I see about the game the devs cared a great deal about BF4.

When I was initially saying right in front of me.. I was slightly exaggerating. I mentioned later it was a few feet in front of me.

As a QA Engineer, your definition of a bug is incorrect. It's just the bare minimum was given to the SP and that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is there a Twitch app on PS4?

Not an app but but the browser works fine.

When I was initially saying right in front of me.. I was slightly exaggerated. I mentioned later it was a few feet in front of me.

As a QA Engineer, your definition of a bug is incorrect. It's just the bare minimum was given to the SP and that was it.

As an artist who has worked in games and other projects and have experience with engines, no I am not incorrect.

The spawn point would have been in that location. They should've spawned before they came within your line of sight. They didn't. They spawned late. That is a bug.
    We played the same SP. Yet I never experienced what you are describing. So it affected you and maybe some others but not everyone. It's a bug. Best to build a bridge and get over it.

You keep saying it spawn late. That is not what I'm saying. It spawned exactly when it was supposed to spawn.

I've nothing to get over, I've played a lot of BF and I'll probably play the next one at some stage too.

All I'm doing now is advising someone not to waste their time on the campaign. If they are looking for multiplayer, go for it but as a single player experience, it's terrible.

You want a single player FPS on PS4, off the top of my head - go for Metro Redux, Wolfenstein, Far Cry 4. All of them are miles better.

You keep saying it spawn late. That is not what I'm saying. It spawned exactly when it was supposed to spawn.

If you saw it, no it didn't.

SP was perfectly fine in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

what type of screw driver is used to open the screw the holds the hard drive in the PS4. It's the only thing stopping me from installing new hard drive. Have tried all kinds of phillips screw drivers but are all too big.

You try a small Philips screwdriver?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement