Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

You try a small Philips screwdriver?

Tried all sorts but were all too big. I think its a Phillips size #0 that is used. Will try maplin tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Is there a twitch app on PS4? I don't have a PS4 camera or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Sony slipping up charging for rocket league imo could be a massive selling point for the system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Sony slipping up charging for rocket league imo could be a massive selling point for the system

They gave it free with ps+ on release? That's pretty much giving it away to a significant chunk of their install base

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It was free for a month, and the game was a big hit. I wasn't into it at all though, not my thing.

Can't see it as a system seller myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Don't think it's a system seller, its a bit of laugh, and was free on Plus last month...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Will be looking to get a PS4 on or before MGS5 release day. What's the best value I could expect for a console and game? Argos says I can get the console for €369 + game for €33. I'll hardly get better than that will I?

I just realised I haven't bought a new game since GTAV. :o

Essien wrote: »
    Will be looking to get a PS4 on or before MGS5 release day. What's the best value I could expect for a console and game? Argos says I can get the console for €369 + game for €33. I'll hardly get better than that will I?

I just realised I haven't bought a new game since GTAV. :o

No shame in that, new games are a rip-off. If you have PS+ sure you'll have lots of titles waiting for you on PS4, I did.

Check out Smyths for best packages IMO. PS4+Arkham Knight= €400

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭_oveless_

Question on HDD's, I got a 1tb samsung 2.5 inch drive for my ps3 a few years back, and I'm wondering if I can swap it out for my ps4 500gb hdd

_oveless_ wrote: »
    Question on HDD's, I got a 1tb samsung 2.5 inch drive for my ps3 a few years back, and I'm wondering if I can swap it out for my ps4 500gb hdd

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Fieldog wrote: »
    Don't think it's a system seller, its a bit of laugh, and was free on Plus last month...

It's more than a laugh. Rocket League is life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Don't think many people would have purchased it nor played it without it being free on PS+ ... Many people would have just ignored purchasing it for €20 anyways so having it free probably made it alot better as the DLC should sell well and more people now own the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Don't think many people would have purchased it nor played it without it being free on PS+ ... Many people would have just ignored purchasing it for €20 anyways so having it free probably made it alot better as the DLC should sell well and more people now own the game...

The game has been out a long while on PC and then was rereleased as it is now but it really was plus that made it a hit.

No wonder that Sony have so many indies pushing for plus inclusion that we're getting a choice of 3 and a discount on the others, it can make a studio.

Varik wrote: »
    The game has been out a long while on PC and then was rereleased as it is now but it really was plus that made it a hit.

Weeell, is that actually the case? This is a sequel, the other one failed, is my understanding of it. And it just happened to kick off on steam. Before it was released on PS+ from my memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

The Star Wars PS4 looks like cack to me.

20393811389_d131b6b9de_k.jpg

However, the fan-made Luke version below would have been awesome IMO.

gg6y48T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Would not say no to the controller though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

A story trailer has been released for Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection. It looks pretty spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xenji wrote: »
    Would not say no to the controller though.

Bit all over the place really.

Anyone else picking up Until Dawn next week?

Varik wrote: »
    Bit all over the place really.

I think that is kinda the charm of it, the Star Wars name all over the touchpad looks a bit cheap though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Xenji wrote: »
    Anyone else picking up Until Dawn next week?
    tempted, Heavy Rain kinda thing. that game wasn't perfect but enjoyed playing it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Man, if I was around I'd definitely replay the Uncharted series.

On Until Dawn, I'll wait on the reviews but it does sound look a fun silly horror game you could play with someone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

So Zombie (ZombiU) is releasing tomorrow for PS4,XB1 and PC,.. barely any news about it, even a price.

So Zombie (ZombiU) is releasing tomorrow for PS4,XB1 and PC,.. barely any news about it, even a price.

Can't even see it on Steam's coming soon list... I take it that means it's going to be on UPlay and not available on Steam...

Looks like the 18th is only for the Uplay release and then a digital release soon after.
    Hi everybody! Thanks Ubi_Kay for covering some questions. I will add what I can:

The price is $19.99 USD and the equivalent amount in all territories, confirmed. I also confirmed this morning that the game is on schedule as of now and will release on the uPlay store at 9:00 A.M. Pacific time, 6:00 PM Paris time. It should release on Steam, XBLA and PS4 very soon afterward. Though we cannot confirm when another company will ACTAULLY release the game they have a full greenlight right now to release it at the same time as uPlay. I believe the other sites USUALLY release the games an hour after uPlay but this can vary and once again, we have no control over other entities and can only confirm the uPlay release time.

€20 seems pretty reasonable, looks like a good game so might pick it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Def picking up until dawn; looks great hope it gets good reviews! Silly fun horror game by looks of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

€20 for Zombi? i shall be buying for that price.

Wish people wouldn't support Ubi. Such an evil bunch of arseholes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Wright wrote: »
    Wish people wouldn't support Ubi. Such an evil bunch of arseholes.

Yeah, up there with ISIS and Pol Pot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement