Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Yeah, up there with ISIS and Pol Pot.

We're talking about videogames sweetie. But I'm glad you're learning about history; did you do Pol Pot in school today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So what's the story with Zombi, is it any good? I'm afraid Dying Light might have spoilt FPS Zombie games with it's excellent controls.

I see Pure Hold'em is out tomorrow. 20 dollas so guessing it will be 20 euro as well. Really disappointed in the launch trailer. I had a Poker game on PS2 that I really like, had a career mode with actual people around the table. Can't believe this only has place cards.

Also, it boasts it's great customisation with 3 card disgns and 3 chip sets.... This seems like utter laziness to me. Poker without money is kinda pointless but a single player career mode can be okay. This looks crap though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Wright wrote: »
    We're talking about videogames sweetie. But I'm glad you're learning about history; did you do Pol Pot in school today?

Go on then, humour me, why are Ubisoft "evil" in your massively misplaced understanding of the word?

I'm in my thirties too, not that it's any of your business.

Go on then, humour me, why are Ubisoft "evil" in your massively misplaced understanding of the word?

I'm in my thirties too, not that it's any of your business.

DRM, DLC out the wazoo, forcing Uplay on people, releasing broken games...

They're pretty much well known to be the worst publisher out there at the moment. They make EA and Activision seem decent. Surprised everyone isn't aware of this.

I just searched 'Jimquisition Ubisoft' on youtube and got several hits you'll find extremely informative. I'm on mobile so I can't link you directly sorry. Jim's your best bet anyways.

They're pretty much well known to be the worst publisher out there at the moment. They make EA and Activision seem decent. Surprised everyone isn't aware of this.

I just searched 'Jimquisition Ubisoft' on youtube and got several hits you'll find extremely informative. I'm on mobile so I can't link you directly sorry. Jim's your best bet anyways.

I'm aware of most of that, seems par for the course for a lot of the big game companies unfortunately!

• Advertisement

I'm aware of most of that, seems par for the course for a lot of the big game companies unfortunately!

Nah Ubi are on another level entirely.

If you were aware, what was with the useless snarky comment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

You're right about all of that, but calling them evil is a real stretch. As Vic said, it's widespread in the gaming industry, and plenty of other publishers are doing similar things. Doesn't make them evil, it makes them profitable companies who don't have customer satisfaction as their highest priority.

For every ten people with sense, there's one who buys a season pass. That's why they keep doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You seem to have an enormous chip on your shoulder. It's not that serious in my view. All the big publishers have a degree of greed to them, it's how they got big.
    If people want to buy a UBI game, let them. It aint a war crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Probably took exception to your suggestion that any of that stuff makes them "an evil bunch of arseholes."

You seem to have an enormous chip on your shoulder. It's not that serious in my view. All the big publishers have a degree of greed to them, it's how they got big.
    If people want to buy a UBI game, let them. It aint a war crime.

I said I wished people wouldn't, I didn't come in here telling people not to.

I suppose playing on consoles only you come across less of Ubisofts evil anti-consumer actions.

• Advertisement

As Beefy said
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    Probably took exception to your suggestion that any of that stuff makes them "an evil bunch of arseholes."

As Beefy said

They are an evil bunch of arseholes though. Why object to that? You like their games and don't care enough about the medium to stop paying through the nose for them? And then licking up any DLC they crap out? That's not a good reason to object to the statement.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Dude, in every sense of the word they are not evil! Don't diminish it's meaning by applying logic that just doesn't fit. They conduct their business in a way I don't approve of nor do I support financially, they're horrible towards their consumers but their consumers do not mind.

Fcuk em

They are an evil bunch of arseholes though. Why object to that? You like their games and don't care enough about the medium to stop paying through the nose for them? And then licking up any DLC they crap out? That's not a good reason to object to the statement.

They are not evil, just greedy.

I don't pay through the nose for anything. I shop around and/or wait for reductions/sales

I rarely buy DLC

Stop making daft sweeping statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

EA are just as 'evil' with their never ending waterfall of DLC, Origin being forced on people and their often sub standardly optimized titles on release... BF4 for one...

Every single gamer is aware of these "business practices", yet they will continue as long as people buy things from them. People complain, people boycott... frankly people can do and buy whatever the fcuk they like to be honest.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    EA are just as 'evil' with their never ending waterfall of DLC, Origin being forced on people and their often sub standardly optimized titles on release... BF4 for one...

Is it 2013? They're still quite evil yes, they also push out DRM and DLC, look at their Sims titles for this, but they've been making big strides. They're two humble bundles deep at this point. Few other AAA publishers can claim this. They were all AAA titles too. They give titles away for nothing, on Origin and on consoles. Dragon Age Origins on PC and PvZ Garden Warfare on PS4 off the top of my head, along with many legacy/indie titles. Frequent sales. They lost their crown in the evil stakes a while ago. Not because they feel bad of course, but because they realized it was hurting their brand.

As such I take great pleasure in not spending a penny on PvZ :D great shooter though.

Activision and EA have chilled considerably. Ubi sits on the throne now, with WB vying for it for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sony will have their Paris Games Week conference on the 27th of October at 17.00, still no date for the TGC which takes place next month.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.
    If you want to discuss evil publishers/developers, I suggest you create a separate thread.

This is for PS4 discussion.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Back on topic please.
    If you want to discuss evil publishers/developers, I suggest you create a separate thread.

This is for PS4 discussion.

Evil publishers publish on PS4. One just published Zombi today. That's what we're talking about :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have 2 Black Ops 3 U.S beta codes for whoever wants them...

Usual boards rules apply (50 post minimum etc.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

ill take one off ye man if you have one going, sound!

ill take one off ye man if you have one going, sound!

PM'ed you code there.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

PM'ed you code there.

i tried sending you back a pm but it wouldnt let me, You sir are a legend, thanks man, really appreciate it, did you get a chance to play it yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is one still available?

i tried sending you back a pm but it wouldnt let me, You sir are a legend, thanks man, really appreciate it, did you get a chance to play it yet?

No problem. Just having a quick game or 2 now before I go to bed. Seems alright.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Is one still available?

PM'ed you last code there.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

I also have two spare codes first come first served.

And there gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Drum.lad wrote: »
    I also have two spare codes first come first served.

1 left

If it's still free?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone play volume yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Anyone play volume yet?

Really want to know what this is like, sounded very promising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Damn yer early morning code swapping shenanigans!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement