Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Dat stability.

Speaking of stability, anyone playing Apotheon? Its literally 2D Skyrim. Great game, janky combat, crafting, lots of variety, breakable weapons, lots of travel... and a good few crashes. I recommend it lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

lertsnim wrote: »
    For that price BF4 is a great deal.

Not the Premium one though, so does not have the DLC included unfortunately, that went as low as 23 around Xmas gone iirc....

Still, 3 or 4 quid extra wouldn't break the bank for an amazing game now - (that is still being updated well beyond its lifespan) as an apology to the planks like me who wasted months trying to play a (then) broken game....

Still more free maps and weapons to come so I will go back to it sooner or later..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the order worth it at the current price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Does anyone use TV From Sky on their PS4? Mine was working fine yesterday but doesn't load today. I've tried reinstalling, checked the software for updates but it isn't having any of it. Just wondered if anyone else was having problems.

EDIT - it does work but takes a full three minutes to start. Strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Probably drop to €15 before too long, if you want to play it now go for it.

Didn't get it yet as I've not the time so it doesn't mean much me saying so but I'd say it would have been worth it at €40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Dissenter here.
    Only play it if its free or they pay you to play it.
    It would not be untrue to say I've rarely so disappointed by a game. Looked pretty but that press X now, oh wait you missed, we'll just keep resetting until you do style of gameplay feels like something the anti-game committees in the US came up with.

Taltos wrote: »
    Dissenter here.
    Only play it if its free or they pay you to play it.
    It would not be untrue to say I've rarely so disappointed by a game. Looked pretty but that press X now, oh wait you missed, we'll just keep resetting until you do style of gameplay feels like something the anti-game committees in the US came up with.

Yep will definitely be waiting for PS+ to play this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Can anybody recommend a decent headset? a 50 quid max or 100 quid max and I'll wait until payday. the mic crapped itself on my Triton AX720's so i guess its a good of a time as any for an upgrade aft 5 years of service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So guys my time away from PS4 is ending in 4 weeks, what have I missed in the past year. Looking to grab a few games any recommendations. Oh and will Canadian games work on the Irish console :o

astonaidan wrote: »
    So guys my time away from PS4 is ending in 4 weeks, what have I missed in the past year. Looking to grab a few games any recommendations. Oh and will Canadian games work on the Irish console :o

Yes they will. DLC bought online might not if you're using an irish psn account though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

morritty wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a decent headset? a 50 quid max or 100 quid max and I'll wait until payday. the mic crapped itself on my Triton AX720's so i guess its a good of a time as any for an upgrade aft 5 years of service.

Sony 7.1's are decent enough and in your price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

astonaidan wrote: »

They will work from VGP, you just got to make a US account to download the DLC.

Until Dawn has been reviewing quite well, will not get around to playing it will after MSG:V though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DaBlackMask

MSG AND MAD MAX

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Xenji wrote: »
    Until Dawn has been reviewing quite well, will not get around to playing it will after MSG:V though.

I'm actually thinking I'll pick it up. Apparently it's relatively short too (of course there are multiple choices/endings) so I can fit it in before MGSV.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

MSG AND MAD MAX

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

You should go easy on the monosodium glutamate, dude!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I see dishonored is out this week on ps4....tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Wow, just wow !!

Don't think available to buy though unfortunately

http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2015/08/24/pax-prime-schedule-rocket-league

i-xD6gGHF-M.jpg

SCEJA Press Conference 2015 dated for September 15.
    Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia will host its annual pre-Tokyo Game Show SCEJA Press Conference this year on September 15 from 16:00 to 17:30 Japan time, the company announced.

Like those held in years past, the press conference will host the latest Japanese PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PS Vita announcements.

The event will be live streamed. A link will be posted at the Japanese PlayStation Blog on the date of the press conference.

Notable announcements from last year include Danganronpa Another Episode, Dragon Quest Heroes, Disgaea 5, Earth Defense Force 4.1, God Eater 2: Rage Burst, the PlayStation 4 version of Persona 5, Resident Evil Revelations 2, Senran Kagura: Estival Versus, the next Ys game, and more.

Games that could potentially surface this year include the leaked Gravity Rush Remaster, the 2013-announced Gravity Rush project, the new Atlus and VanillaWare project, Level-5’s PlayStation 4 game, Granzella’s Disaster Report revival, Bandai Namco’s leaked titles, Kadokawa’s PlayStation dungeon and sim RPGs, Square Enix’s Project Setsuna, the rumored Final Fantasy XII remaster, CyberConnect2’s 20th anniversary project, a new Sega game—the possibilities are endless. Of course, already announced games are also likely to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Has anyone bought PS4 games from Videogamesplus?

Are the games region free and do you get slapped with VAT from customs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Picked up a PS4 earlier, can't get onto the network despite the test saying my connection is ok. Any ideas?
    • I had been trying it over Wifi but got a cable just now and still no joy.
    • I have a PS3 literally a few inches from the PS4 using the same account/connection with no issues whatsoever.
    • Internet is otherwise operating perfectly
    • I've restarted the router numerous times
    • I'm with Vodafone
    • I'm not getting any errors in the error log - The thing just keeps spinning, doesn't time out or anything

Update: It's working now, see here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Has anyone bought PS4 games from Videogamesplus?

Are the games region free and do you get slapped with VAT from customs?

Yes
    Yes
    No

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

CombatCow wrote: »
    Yes
    Yes
    No

Cool thanks. How long is delivery normally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Generally, 5-8 working days in my experience.

Cool thanks. How long is delivery normally?

They offer 2 day shipping now as well, at a cost of course, you will need to set up a US psn account though to download and DLC.

Xenji wrote: »
    SCEJA Press Conference 2015 dated for September 15.

TGS was a lot of fun last year, I fully recommend it :) I went dressed as Luigi, never had so many photo requests in my life haha. And Kojima was there. Seeing him only a few feet away was unreal.

I was living there at the time but I generally advise people if they're travelling to Japan to go in September. The humidity is slightly less soul destroying and of course TGS is on :)

Some footage I took last year, no idea how to embed:
    https://youtu.be/Z1Q8AeVgSqk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Essien wrote: »
    Picked up a PS4 earlier, can't get onto the network despite the test saying my connection is ok. Any ideas?
    • I had been trying it over Wifi but got a cable just now and still no joy.
    • I have a PS3 literally a few inches from the PS4 using the same account/connection with no issues whatsoever.
    • Internet is otherwise operating perfectly
    • I've restarted the router numerous times
    • I'm with Vodafone
    • I'm not getting any errors in the error log - The thing just keeps spinning, doesn't time out or anything

You say the connection test is OK. What results do you get exactly?

For Wright:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Otacon wrote: »

I was just coming in to update that post, I got it working this morning :)

After having a flick through the troubleshooting sticky, I noticed something about trying to connect through a smartphone/tethering. I gave that a go with my HTC and it worked. I then switched back to my fixed line router (wired) and that works now too.

Otacon wrote: »

For Wright:

Ah, I see, not the whole URL. Nifty. Cheers!

• Advertisement

A load of Lego games have been added to the Playstation store. I've always wanted to get into them - does anyone know which ones would be good to pick?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement