Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

Getting back into Resi Remaster after originally buying on PS3.

No cross-save... get up off yer arse Capcom...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

I wish time sped up and Horizon: Zero Dawn was here. Its the game I am most hyped for since E3.

The game seems to have everything I could possibly want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

A load of Lego games have been added to the Playstation store. I've always wanted to get into them - does anyone know which ones would be good to pick?

I have played pretty much all of them with my kids and I would rank them so:

Batman 2, Marvel Super Heroes, Star Wars 2, Star Wars Clone Wars, LOTR, Batman 3, Indiana Jones, Movie, Potter, Others.
    I haven't played Jurassic World.

Edit: Although a lot of the fun in these games are when you know the source material well, so if you (for instance) like Indiana Jones more than Star Wars, that would push Lego Indy further up the list for you. I

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The Tomorrow Children is releasing some time in Autumn according to the US Blog. I don't have the link but I imagine both EU and US will tweet one out in a bit.

Looks like a really cool game, really intrigued to see how it does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

you can get a free dynamic theme for Everybody's Gone to the Rapture by going to this site and following the steps.
    http://gonetotherapture.playstation.com/station-52-code-vault/

Only works with US PSN account and here is what it looks like
    20697770489_bf63129f41_b.jpg

• Advertisement

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2015/08/26/the-best-ps4-hard-drive

Interesting article, those improved loads times aren't that worth it IMO. Gonna stick with the 5400RPM 1TB in my players edition PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mlb10theshow

Anyone spotted the new version of the PS4 console in Ireland ?

Any opinions on some multiplayer FPS games for the PS4 that aren't overly expensive or are free?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone spotted the new version of the PS4 console in Ireland ?

If you get the MGS:5 console bundle, you will get the CUH-1200 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mlb10theshow

thanks. do yo know when is the release date would be ?

• Advertisement

September 1st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Any opinions on some multiplayer FPS games for the PS4 that aren't overly expensive or are free?

The Last of Us is a third person shooter but the multiplayer is outstanding. I've been playing it almost exclusively for over a year.

Tuesday, I would pre order it now, they are limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Argos as well have the new revision for 350 of you just want the base console and God of war...

CombatCow wrote: »
    Argos as well have the new revision for 350 of you just want the base console and God of war...

Bloody great deal. Christmas periods gonna be interesting I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Planetside 2 is free to play. Pretty darn big (game world wise) FPS. And getting patched consistently.

Dunno if you ever played MAG on PS3, but its pretty much the next rung on that massive multiplayer FPS evolutionary ladder.

God I miss MAG :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

This War of Mine with an expansion is coming to PS4 in January. I love the idea of this game. I think it might be down to the survival element of games like Resident Evil and The Last of Us and then it's taken to another extreme in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

CombatCow wrote: »

Hi. Is this the new model " EAN: 0711719268673 " ?
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|19780877|PS4|37328275/c_3/4|cat_37328275|PS4+consoles|37328622.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The 500GB is the new revision with all matt finish and lower power usage yada yada yada. The 1TB model does not have these changes.

Old:
    old-ps4-box-640x427.jpg

New:
    new-ps4-box-art-640x308.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Just joining this thread now after getting my ps4 on launch day...

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

On the subject of the old v new versions of the console.

I was wondering what peoples' thoughts were for someone looking to make the jump to PS4.

Should I buy the new less noisy and less energy consuming 500gb model or go for the extra storage of the 1TB old form factor model.

I have no experience of the PS4 in the wild, how noisy is it compared to say the slim PS3 (which I currently own).

Or, considering I'm a ways away from purchase is the smart move to hold out for a 1TB in the newest revision chassis which is inevitably going to launch at some point?

Faker74 wrote: »

I was wondering what peoples' thoughts were for someone looking to make the jump to PS4.

Should I buy the new less noisy and less energy consuming 500gb model or go for the extra storage of the 1TB old form factor model.

I have no experience of the PS4 in the wild, how noisy is it compared to say the slim PS3 (which I currently own).

Or, considering I'm a ways away from purchase is the smart move to hold out for a 1TB in the newest revision chassis which is inevitably going to launch at some point?

I would get the new model and put a 2TB hard drive in it yourself, that is what I did with my launch console, getting the new model on Tuesday ( the MGS custom console ) and I am just gonna switch the new hard drive into that.

Faker74 wrote: »

There's no actual proof to suggest its that much quiter/cooler. Luck of the draw really. My 1tb is about in the middle I'd say.

And the revision draws a whole 8 watts less lol.

I find the 1tb 5400RPM HDD to be snappy enough, if that makes a difference to you. I like swapping out the HDD's on my recent Playstations but its fast enough that I can't be bothered with this one. And big enough that I have about 20/30 AAA PS+ and F2P titles installed. Will put more effort in when they release a white slim ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Xenji wrote: »
    I would get the new model and put a 2TB hard drive in it yourself, that is what I did with my launch console, getting the new model on Tuesday ( the MGS custom console ) and I am just gonna switch the new hard drive into that.

Think you need to re-download everything when u change hard drive, even if between ps4 consoles...... (Could be wrong but check it out)

cadete wrote: »
    Think you need to re-download everything when u change hard drive, even if between ps4 consoles...... (Could be wrong but check it out)

There's a backup feature now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I've used loads of different phone chargers for my DS4 and they've all been fine except for the Samsung Fast Charger. DO NOT USE!

Fried my battery using it. I've used the fast charger in other things fine but DS4 gets very hot and then its fecked. I took out the battery and the controller still works OK if you plug it into a regular 500mah charger. Have a replacement battery in order, supposed to be 2000mah, hopefully its genuine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got an update for Journey but it says "cannot install". Anyone know what the problem could be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got an update for Journey but it says "cannot install". Anyone know what the problem could be?

Could be a space issue. Sony have a funny thing about how they install some things, you need double the amount of space to install sometimes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,215 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Have 139gb free and the update is about 50mb so it can't be that.

Uninstall and install again might fix it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement