Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

J. Marston wrote: »
    Have 139gb free and the update is about 50mb so it can't be that.

Uninstall and install again might fix it.

I don't think that's true for the PS4, it used to be that the game was downloaded and then installed so you needed twice as you'd have the game install and the downloaded game both there at the same time before the download was deleted. The PS4 installs as it goes after downloading a small initial amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Ordered MGS V from the game collection on Thursday evening, it just arrived at my parcel motel :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nice, mad max arrived at my PM and I'm expecting TPP tomorrow :) Base.com via rakuten.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Works been crazy for the last 6 months. Some destiny during the weekend is all I can do.

So by November when I won't be in a state of constant crunch I'll have;

Witcher 3
    Batman
    Metal Gear
    Fallout
    Battlefront

Few older games on top of that as well.

Will start with the first 2 and work from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭AndrewTheCat

Play Asia not doing free shipping anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

CombatCow wrote:
    Nice, mad max arrived at my PM and I'm expecting TPP tomorrow Base.com via rakuten.

PM are the bees knees!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

Varik wrote: »
    Works been crazy for the last 6 months. Some destiny during the weekend is all I can do.

So by November when I won't be in a state of constant crunch I'll have;

Witcher 3
    Batman
    Metal Gear
    Fallout
    Battlefront

Few older games on top of that as well.

Will start with the first 2 and work from there.

The Witcher 3 is a class game. Unbelievably immersive, it'll take you a long time to complete it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

chunkydave wrote: »
    The Witcher 3 is a class game. Unbelievably immersive, it'll take you a long time to complete it!

Started it last week, only in the second map section of it (Vizima??).
    Amazing so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

cadete wrote: »
    anybody use shopto.net for preordering? are they fast for delivery? preordered MGS V there to get the steelbook with day1 edition
    Wright wrote: »
    I hear they're fairly ghastly for that. What does the steelbook look like?
    Xenji wrote: »
    They used to be good, have not used them in 2 years though, but everything came within 3 days of release and they used DPD for their deliveries.
    An answer to my own question a few months back
    Received my copy of mgs this morning so delighted with the delivery time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Is anywhere in Dublin selling the uncharted collection steelbook?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Tearaway seems like a pretty good game, has anyone tried it on Vita if so whats it like?... Is it as enjoyable as Little Big Planet?... It's $40 on the Canada store debating on preordering it for €27...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Brilliant on the Vita - great little game. I'll have to return to it someday. Some clever tools in use there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tearaway is a very enjoyable game, it made use of nearly all the features of the Vita, the game mechanics may seem a bit unusual at first, but it really adds to its charm when you get used to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Trying to download the most recent update to a usb key and it says approximate time 4hrs, what the hell?
    Now it says 9 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was thinking of getting MGS5 steelbook from Amazon France, just wondering if the codes will work? And if the game will be in english?

Its out of stock on shopto

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting MGS5 steelbook from Amazon France, just wondering if the codes will work? And if the game will be in english?

Its out of stock on shopto

Codes will work on the French store.
    Don't know about the language, but I'd imagine there is an option to change languages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Deadpool Game is going to be ported to PS4 and Xbox One on 20th November

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-01-activision-ports-deadpool-to-ps4-and-xbox-one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Anyone know if Argos has the new matte PS4 model stocked? (CcUH-112 I believe)

yes black and white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

System software 3.0 details
    • Online storage capacity increase — PS4 online storage capacity has increased from 1GB to 10GB for all PS Plus members. In 3.00 system software, you’ll see that we added a handy usage meter to monitor your available storage capacity, and a new Auto-Upload menu has been added to Application Saved Data Management.
    • YouTube live — PS4 owners will be able to live stream gameplay to YouTube. Live streams will be viewable across YouTube, including on the new YouTube Gaming mobile app and website.
    • Events — A new hub for events has been added, giving an overview of activities taking place in the games you play most, as well as official broadcasts. For instance, you may see an update for a Double XP weekend, a special enemy appearing at a scheduled time, or seasonal events like in-game towns being decorated for the winter. You’ll also receive notifications when the event starts, or if the timing changes.
    • Favorite Groups — Favorite Groups has been added to the Friends app, letting you quickly access groups of people you like to play games with frequently. This will make the process of getting a game session up and running even easier.
    • Communities — PS4 users will have the ability to create communities based around shared interests, like games, genres, and more. Communities include a message board with general discussion, screenshots shared by players, and the ability to join parties / games. If you want to tackle a big multiplayer raid, but don’t have enough friends available, this could be a great way to connect with other players who are looking for the same thing.
    • Sharing video clips to Twitter — Users will have the ability to share video clips directly to Twitter. Maximum video length is 10 seconds, though you’ll have the ability to trim longer clips.
    • Stickers — Tired of typing out messages? With this update, you’ll be able to send stickers to friends through the messages.
    • Now Playing / What’s New — The Now Playing screen will display even more information about what your friends are doing, and you’ll be able to quickly jump into a game, party, request a screen share, or get sent to the PS Store to buy the game your friend is playing – further enhancing the social relationship with your friends online.
    • Live from PlayStation — We’ve improved the Live From PlayStation app, making it easier to view popular trending broadcasts in real-time.
    • Request to watch gameplay — Want to view a friend’s gameplay session? Now you can send a ‘Request to Watch’ notification to a player, which will start a live broadcast or Share Play invitation to the person playing.
    • Screenshots: We’ve listened to your feedback and we’re happy to confirm that PNG format is now an option for Screenshot saves

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/09/01/ps4-system-software-3-0-kenshin-detailed-first-screenshots-released/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The 10GB online storage will be most welcome. 1GB was ridiculously low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

pity they wont expand the chat rooms this time round 8 can be too little at times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

PSN downloads being crazy slow for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

PSN downloads being crazy slow for anyone else?

PS+ update day and MGSV digital downloads are killing it. It's always the same every month with the PS Plus day and when any AAA game is released.

lertsnim wrote: »
    The 10GB online storage will be most welcome. 1GB was ridiculously low.

As well if some save files were not so stupidly big, some are 500Mb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Tearaway seems like a pretty good game, has anyone tried it on Vita if so whats it like?... Is it as enjoyable as Little Big Planet?... It's $40 on the Canada store debating on preordering it for €27...

Its actually a much better game than LPB. Controls are much tighter.

If you have a vita I'd recommend getting it on that, as it makes great use of the front camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Can anyone tell me if I have to play the MGS ground zero before phantom pain? The last metal gear game I played right through was the first one on ps1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

iamtony wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if I have to play the MGS ground zero before phantom pain? The last metal gear game I played right through was the first one on ps1

You don't.
    I played GZ and have no idea what's going on in TPP. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

F1ngers wrote: »
    You don't.
    I played GZ and have no idea what's going on in TPP. :D

Grand thanks, do you think it's good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

iamtony wrote: »
    Grand thanks, do you think it's good?

It's great.

Theres a thread in the main game section.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement