Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It was 1gb for ps4 and ps3 each, so is this now 20gb total or more likely 11gb for both.

Bethesda and gearbox are the main reason I'm out of space.

Really should be per game at a smaller capacity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Otacon wrote: »
    Looks like firmware 3.0 is being tested currently. Rumoured features include:

Version 3.00 The main features that are updated in the beta

- "Event" menu is added that allows you to find events related to Playstation, join them and watch them.
    - "Community" is added to "friend" menu that allows you to make new community or join existing ones.
    - "Now Playing" is added to "friend", "community", "message" and profile screen that allows you to display games members are currently playing. You can request to join their games or
    request to broadcast the game.
    - "Message" function has been improved that it displays "now playing" and allows you to start party easily. You can add groups to your favorite list
    - You can broadcast via YouTube
    - You can upload short (10 sec) game clips to Twitter.
    - "Live from PlayStation" not only includes broadcasts, but video clips and screenshots.
    - In "Accessibility" the speed of automatic scrolling can be changed.
    - You can now enter a comment in the activity of What's New.
    - A "PlayStation Plus" section has been added so you can check the free content and discounts available.
    - Sub-accounts for children are now available with better parental controls.

Apparently, for the last update, the time from testing to full roll out was about two weeks so this may drop before the end of the month.
    Varik wrote: »
    Anyone sign up for the PS4 firmware 2.6 beta.

It's actually the 3.0 beta, just got the invite in my inbox.
    Guinea pig - :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Quick question about playing online; I need PS Plus and what else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A decent internet connection. A headset if you want to communicate. A thick skin to ignore the screaming 12-year-olds who are all better than you and very angry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Download speeds really are silly bad right now. I've had child of light downloading since yesterday afternoon, and its currently on 884.4MB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Download speeds really are silly bad right now. I've had child of light downloading since yesterday afternoon, and its currently on 884.4MB.

Pause the download, go into your settings and test your internet connection, then unpause the download and see if that improves the speeds.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Xenji wrote: »
    Pause the download, go into your settings and test your internet connection, then unpause the download and see if that improves the speeds.

Mine was on the slow side last night, all I done was pause the download for about 30 seconds then resume it and the downloads were faster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's actually the 3.0 beta, just got the invite in my inbox.
    Guinea pig - :D

Guinea pig here too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got the beta invite as well, hopefully this update will fix the download speeds.

A decent internet connection. A headset if you want to communicate. A thick skin to ignore the screaming 12-year-olds who are all better than you and very angry about it.

PS Plus is my only subscription?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

For the most part yes unless any specific games require a subscription on top of it. I have never encountered this on the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep, unless you want to play a subscription based game like Final Fantasy Online.

Cheers for the advice about playing online. After spending over 12 months planning my wedding, finally my evenings are 1 0 0 P E R C E N T free again to turn on my PS4!! Hello darkness my old friend. It's been too long. I've missed every game over the last year. Bloodbourne is on the horizon!

Quick question about external HDD's;

I'm going to subscribe to PS Plus and figure the Instant Game Collection coupled with my own purchases will eat up my 500GB HD space. Can I connect an external to the PS4 to save all my games to and if so, can I play from the external or does the PS4 need to pull the game across first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

No.

PS4 won't play from external HDD.
    Needs to be internal or that other option that bolts on via the proper cable, but not truly external.

Easiest option is to just replace your HDD to one of the working 2Tb ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Also you can just add the Instant Game Collection games to your account without downloading them at that time.

Taltos wrote: »
    No.

PS4 won't play from external HDD.
    Needs to be internal or that other option that bolts on via the proper cable, but not truly external.

Easiest option is to just replace your HDD to one of the working 2Tb ones.

Is 2TB currently the highest the PS4 will accept?

well it seems to be the largest 2.5 drive the PS4 will physically take at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Drum.lad

Any idea where we can pre order the Uncharted 4 collectors edition?

Drum.lad wrote: »
    Any idea where we can pre order the Uncharted 4 collectors edition?

Looks like a Game exclusive in the UK, so it'll either by Gamestop or it won't come to Ireland.

• Advertisement

Damn i miss Game..

You can use parcel motel with game.co.uk

Id rather not have to pay 120 pounds,heres hoping gamestop gets it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Does anyone know if Argos will sell you a game that is not in stock for collection later? I want to get the PS4 with MGS 5. Its on offer now for 350 and MGS is free. Thing is MGS is out of stock and according to the site, its the last day for the 50 off the PS4. So could I go in and buy both but come back in a day or two for MGS?

Does anyone know if Argos will sell you a game that is not in stock for collection later? I want to get the PS4 with MGS 5. Its on offer now for 350 and MGS is free. Thing is MGS is out of stock and according to the site, its the last day for the 50 off the PS4. So could I go in and buy both but come back in a day or two for MGS?

I think so, I'm sure I've seen here before, they'll give you a receipt or whatever to go up and collect metal gear after.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

They will indeed.

Source: I used to work there.

Great. Getting it today. Noticed that the PS4 is now 339 with a free MGS5!!! I think this is the bargain of the year. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

My Brother is looking to buy a PS4 . I told him to wait till the end of this month as the holiday bundles will be starting soon in Argos. For the last few years the Argos winter Solstice bundles have been the best around by a long way.

My Brother is looking to buy a PS4 . I told him to wait till the end of this month as the holiday bundles will be starting soon in Argos. For the last few years the Argos winter Solstice bundles have been the best around by a long way.

You won't get much cheaper than 339 and a free new game surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

You won't get much cheaper than 339 and a free new game surely?

Well one of the other offers on the site is 339 and 2 free games (admittedly not new releases), so you could argue that!:P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement