Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Argos actually made a mistake on their website and had the ps4 priced at 239.99 last night.
    I reserved it when I saw it was that price but of course it was too good to be true.
    I decided not to bother with it when it went back up in price.
    I can't imagine it going down that low for a long time.
    It'd be nice if I could cancel the reservation but I don't suppose I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Argos actually made a mistake on their website and had the ps4 priced at 239.99.
    I reserved it when I saw it was that price but of course it was too good to be true.

There are reports in the Bargain Alerts thread of Argos honouring the €239.99 price and I know from previous experience myself that they usually honour pricing mistakes if you can show them your reservation email/text with the lower price. If I were you, I'd chance it. Worse that can happen is that they kick you out. :)

Ok sure I'll give it a try it's worth a shot I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Argos actually made a mistake on their website and had the ps4 priced at 239.99 last night.

If you reserved at that price you should get it; they honoured the PS Plus memberships when they were priced wrong

I'm so happy and delighted I got the PS4 today for the reserved price of 239.99.
    Thanks especially to Mr. Bloat and to markcahill1985 for your comments and encouraging words, I didn't know it would work.
    Staff in argos were very nice about it too said I was very lucky to get it at that price.
    I brought a printout of my reservation email and also showed them the email of the reservation on my phone as proof.
    I'm a very lucky and happy gamer.
    Now I'm gonna go set it up got the order 1886 and the last of us to try.
    Thanks guys. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm so happy and delighted I got the PS4 today for the reserved price of 239.99.
    Thanks especially to Mr. Bloat and to markcahill1985 for your comments and encouraging words, I didn't know it would work.
    Staff in argos were very nice about it too said I was very lucky to get it at that price.
    I brought a printout of my reservation email and also showed them the email of the reservation on my phone as proof.
    I'm a very lucky and happy gamer.
    Now I'm gonna go set it up got the order 1886 and the last of us to try.
    Thanks guys. :D

Super price. Hope your happy with it now !!

I think we should be all encouraging all our friends and family to use Argos as much as possible. There great at honouring deals like this and even if you have a problem with the console its very easy to get a replacement off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Super price. Hope your happy with it now !!

I think we should be all encouraging all our friends and family to use Argos as much as possible. There great at honouring deals like this and even if you have a problem with the console its very easy to get a replacement off them.

I agree, great service from them, picked up a 1tb PS4 last week for 350, stupidly forgot to add the free Vita TV to my reservation but they honoured it anyway!

Unfortunately my new ps4 is freezing constantly.
    I played the dying light demo for a few minutes and it froze and turned off.
    I was only browsing the web for a minute and it froze.
    It froze when I turned it on for the first time today when I was selecting the language during the start of the setup.
    I think I'll have to bring it back.
    It's froze about 7 times today.
    It looks like it's faulty.
    I set the console as my home console earlier aswell.
    I hope I'll be able to unset it and set another ps4 as my home console because I think this ps4 has to be faulty.
    Have you guys got any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

It froze when I turned it on for the first time today when I was selecting the language during the start of the setup.
    I hope I'll be able to unset it and set another ps4 as my home console because I think this ps4 has to be faulty.

Thats a sickener man, probably better it happening now than further down the line, if you perform a format/factory reset im sure it will sort out the home console issue you're worried about, if not i know you can log in on a pc/laptop online to the sony site and register/unregistered accounts/devices you've logged in with. You're definitely best bringing it back and getting a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

You can log out of your account via the Sony website - I had to do it when I returned my faulty console. I returned it to Argos and they were brilliant, replaced it in seconds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

It's apparently a storage issue

From April,
    You dont need to send your console in, if it is this problem: ps4 freezes, shuts off, have to press power 2 times to turn on and checks system storage.. You can fix this problem by holding the power button till you hear the 2nd beep and picking option 3- reset system settings, YOU WILL NOT LOOSE ANYTHING, when you have done this( might take a few attempts as your hard drive is a **bleep**) follow how to setup ps4 like when you 1st got it and then you will be able to log in. But this problem can also occur if dust is clogging up hard drive, you can get rid of dust by taking jet black part of ps4 of like you would if you changed hard drive and blow really hard into the metal (all over) and maybe leave jet black part off, your ps4 should be working after doing this, HOPE IT HELPED

A more detailed way to enter that menu - http://www.quora.com/My-PS4-freezes-and-then-after-some-time-shuts-off-When-I-start-it-again-it-starts-in-safe-mode-and-then-after-some-time-it-freezes-My-warranty-has-expired-What-should-I-do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very happy so far for upgrading from the launch model to the CUH-1200 model, it is literally whisper quiet, even games that sounded like a jet engine at times when started up are perfect now and it took my backed up 2TB HDD with no issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is the current Killzone PS Store deal worth it? Never played any of the games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Xenji wrote: »
    Very happy so far for upgrading from the launch model to the CUH-1200 model, it is literally whisper quiet, even games that sounded like a jet engine at times when started up are perfect now and it took my backed up 2TB HDD with no issues.
    Any current bundles selling it or is it just pot luck with which one you get?
    Heading to argos in a few days to help a family member pick one up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Taltos wrote: »
    Any current bundles selling it or is it just pot luck with which one you get?
    Heading to argos in a few days to help a family member pick one up.

Black and white 500gb models and the red metal gear solid one are the new revision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it. Never played the previous games. Didn't understand the generally negative impressions to be honest. Thought it looked nice and played very well. It's a great price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

what happens if the price goes up after you have pre ordered?
    Hitman was €50 when I made my pre order now it says €60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

CombatCow wrote: »
    Black and white 500gb models and the red metal gear solid one are the new revision.

I have the white 500 how do I know which Is the newer model?

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=519622

Is this the new quieter model? Or is there a way I can see if my console is the upgraded

It will have the cuh-1200 model number on the front of the box, bottom right.

• Advertisement

It will have the cuh-1200 model number on the front of the box, bottom right.

I don't have the original box any way of seeing on console?

should be on the bottom of the console sticker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

what happens if the price goes up after you have pre ordered?
    Hitman was €50 when I made my pre order now it says €60

If it's amazon, they'll honour it.
    Anyone else, I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Might be talking about PSN. I thought I remembered seeing Hitman for preorder at 49.99, then it's up by a tenner last time I looked.

should be on the bottom of the console sticker.

Mine is cuh 1116a

Is there a huge difference in the consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Safda

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Is The Last of Us any good?

:P
    Well worth it

How much did it cost you to upgrade?

May do the same myself purely out of fear!

Mind you I had no issue with my "year or two after launch PS3" but was plagued with dodgy PS2s to the point of getting the original Xbox... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Fieldog wrote: »
    How much did it cost you to upgrade?

May do the same myself purely out of fear!

Mind you I had no issue with my "year or two after launch PS3" but was plagued with dodgy PS2s to the point of getting the original Xbox... :)

My launch day PS2 is still alive and kicking, same goes for my PS1, Gamestop are doing a deal where you can trade in your old console and get the MGS custom console for E150.

So upgrade my ps4 or buy a vita?? Thoughts??

• Advertisement

My launch day PS2 is still alive and kicking, same goes for my PS1, Gamestop are doing a deal where you can trade in your old console and get the MGS custom console for E150.

Suppose I could always sell MGS V and it wouldn't be as bad, I don't have the original 500gb HD though - I have a 1TB SSHD in my PS4 but I do have 500gb Seagate one lying around I can bang into it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement