Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So upgrade my ps4 or buy a vita?? Thoughts??

Depending what sort of games your into and if you like the PS+ indie games, go for the Vita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Xenji wrote: »
    Depending what sort of games your into and if you like the PS+ indie games, go for the Vita.

That's what I'm thinking I just don't see the value in updating if the system doesn't do anything different than run quieter

That's what I'm thinking I just don't see the value in updating if the system doesn't do anything different than run quieter

I only updated as I wanted the MGS custom console and had some old store credit in Gamestop that I forgot about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What's the Game Collection like for delivery? Was thinking about buying FIFA from there but would I get it anywhere near release?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What's the Game Collection like for delivery? Was thinking about buying FIFA from there but would I get it anywhere near release?

They are excellent. I bought MGS V from them on the thursday night before the tuesday launch and it was shipped the following morning. I sent it to Parcel Motel because they deliver on weekends so I had the game saturday night 3 days before launch.

• Advertisement

superg wrote: »
    They are excellent. I bought MGS V from them on the thursday night before the tuesday launch and it was shipped the following morning. I sent it to Parcel Motel because they deliver on weekends so I had the game saturday night 3 days before launch.

Are they good pricewise

That's unreal! Are they like that with all games or was this just a once off? Like do you think I'd get FIFA before or even on release date if I order it soon? I have a PM set up as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Are they good pricewise

Just looked at the site. Average price is £40stg so €55. Did not see shipping costs. Better than bricks and mortar here based on those prices. Pretty sure Fifa was one of the games Tesco had on a deal last year. Likely same again ?

Are they good pricewise

Very competitive.
    That's unreal! Are they like that with all games or was this just a once off? Like do you think I'd get FIFA before or even on release date if I order it soon? I have a PM set up as well

Seems like that for all titles. There was a good few folk who bought MGS from them and got it shipped well before launch. Some didn't get it as fast as I did though cos they got it shipped direct to their homes so were at the mercy of An Post.

I'll be using them and parcel motel in future for any pre orders.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Just looked at the site. Average price is £40stg so €55. Did not see shipping costs. Better than bricks and mortar here based on those prices. Pretty sure Fifa was one of the games Tesco had on a deal last year. Likely same again ?

Shipping is free in the UK so free to your parcel motel. Shipping to your home is £2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Shipping is free in the UK so free to your parcel motel. Shipping to your home is £2.

Very good price then. Walked into GameStop yesterday and nearly laughed. Prices for most new releases were €75 to €79. No way I would pay that for a game.

Damien360 wrote: »
    Very good price then. Walked into GameStop yesterday and nearly laughed. Prices for most new releases were €75 to €79. No way I would pay that for a game.

Bette off to avoid GS for buying physicals they'll rob ya! Go argos or Smyths

Bette off to avoid GS for buying physicals they'll rob ya! Go argos or Smyths

Argos seem to be getting cheaper as well, MGS and Mad Max are both 59.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Xenji wrote: »
    Argos seem to be getting cheaper as well, MGS and Mad Max are both 59.99.

Argos have been my go-to brick and mortar store for the last couple of years now for games. It's very rare to see a game cheaper in any other shop in town (there isn't a Smyths here though so that may be why).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Looking to buy a new ps4, do ye think argos will restock on the current deal as there are none in my area :(

martyos121 wrote: »
    Argos have been my go-to brick and mortar store for the last couple of years now for games. It's very rare to see a game cheaper in any other shop in town (there isn't a Smyths here though so that may be why).

I have been doing the same if I want it on launch day, I use VGP for everything else and Amazon for Nintendo games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

I always keep an eye on the games collection and simply games for deals, really good value and cheap delivery to ireland..

Seem to be reliable so far.

I would avoid simply games, they and their parent company simply electronics have been investigated by trading standards numerous times over the years, they may be better now, but have screwed over plenty of people in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Craic Addict

F1ngers wrote: »
    If it's amazon, they'll honour it.
    Anyone else, I don't know.

it's on PSN if anyone knows, thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Looking to buy a new ps4, do ye think argos will restock on the current deal as there are none in my area :(

The PS4 has changed price in Argos a lot in the last few months.

http://checkargos.com/?search=1222540

The price graph is a bit of a mess! (If you are on mobile click "Graph Price History")

I've been tracking the price of it myself too though as I was in the market! Basically as a summary, It has never been this price (€339) before, but it has come down to €349 regularly enough.

There is nearly always a deal with a free game, but It's not often a brand new game like MGS (Was bloodbourne when I was buying it a few weeks ago)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

any chance you could make a bigger version of that graph available underneath the store's stock list? would be very interesting to see all the data points.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gamestop has the special edition for the Uncharted collection, seems like a good sign we'll get the statue one.

Did anyone play that tearaway demo? Holy **** it looks amazing, I'm legit blown away by it, looks better than the vita version.

Did anyone play that tearaway demo? Holy **** it looks amazing, I'm legit blown away by it, looks better than the vita version.

No but I'll download it now for a look

No demo on the store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No demo on the store

It's on the US store.

Tis on the US store, looks incredible.

lertsnim wrote: »
    It's on the US store.

How do you have access to the US store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

How do you have access to the US store?

Crete a new user based in the us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Has there been big updates to Warframe in the last say year?

Decided to give it another go and have to say it feels like a lot has changed,it plays so smooth. Big difference to the first 6 months it was on PSN

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement