Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody know if I can pay for my pre order now? I've the money in my wallet but can't seem to find anyway to pay for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody know if I can pay for my pre order now? I've the money in my wallet but can't seem to find anyway to pay for it.

No, they'll take it a few days before release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

F1ngers wrote: »
    No, they'll take it a few days before release.

Was arguing with someone over thisabout the taken king, turns out the US psn store pay for pre-orders at checkout and you can't cancel them.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

Rockstar have said they will no longer put out any updates for GTA online on PS3 and Xbox 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

SharpCoder wrote: »
    Rockstar have said they will no longer put out any updates for GTA online on PS3 and Xbox 360.

O god the hacking.

• Advertisement

Anyone one else have trouble getting a match in rocket league last night?
    I couldnt get one at all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Don't suppose anyone knows if HMV have tearaway on the shelf? I can see it on the site, but it says awaiting stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got an email to say i was picked for the psn 3.0 update beta. If this messes up my MGS V play time I'll kill someone, most like by interrogating them, choking them and sending them to space by a balloon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just got an email to say i was picked for the psn 3.0 update beta. If this messes up my MGS V play time I'll kill someone, most like by interrogating them, choking them and sending them to space by a balloon.

You've broken the nda so Sony will now delete your metal gear save, give you lines, and tell your mam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Going to get a new game tomorrow at CEX. Have three games to swap with value to €46 so have that.

I'm thinking Arkham Asylum
    or Bloodborne. Which would be better or any other suggestions?

Type of game I love is Shadow of Mordor, Tomb Raider style action games and first person shooters.

Edit; just to mention I haven't played the other games in either series, Bloodborne or Batman.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Going to get a new game tomorrow at CEX. Have three games to swap with value to €46 so have that.

Type of game I love is Shadow of Mordor, Tomb Raider style action games and first person shooters.

Edit; just to mention I haven't played the other games in either series, Bloodborne or Batman.

Bloodborne. Bloodborne is great.

Bloodborne. Bloodborne is great.

I'm worried about its difficulty though. Was reading the game thread when it was first released and it sounded very tough.

I'm worried about its difficulty though. Was reading the game thread when it was first released and it sounded very tough.

It's honestly not that tough when you 'get it' so to speak. Some of the bosses can be a pain in the arse, but its pretty ok really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

If you will get €46 from CEX you will get about €80 from adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Shhh.....

;)

Fakman87 wrote: »
    If you will get €46 from CEX you will get about €80 from adverts.

Games I have are Metro Redeux, Wolfenstein and Rayman Legends. I don't think I'lm get much more than €46 for them.

Games I have are Metro Redeux, Wolfenstein and Rayman Legends. I don't think I'lm get much more than €46 for them.

Hmmm you're probably right, I'm guessing you'll be getting €46 of credit from them. If that's the case you could get Bloodborne from them for €45.

Hmmm you're probably right, I'm guessing you'll be getting €46 of credit from them. If that's the case you could get Bloodborne from them for €45.

Yep, Bloodborne or Batman are €45.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Got an invite to the Beta also. I've just created a Boards.ie community on it, just threw it together quickly to see what the craic was with it. Not sure how you guys can find it, but it's called Boards.ie and the preferred game is set to Rocket League. Feel free to join, interested to see how it all works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,898 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cool will look for that later on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭BenK

Personally I'd go with Batman ahead of Bloodborne.

I got Bloodborne a few months ago and traded it in after a couple of weeks for Batman... Didn't enjoy Bloodborne at all, found it incredibly repetitive. I didn't mind the difficulty (it is difficult though), I just thought it wasn't enjoyable. In fairness I had briefly played Dark Souls before too and didn't enjoy that either so I should've known!

The games you like and the fact you haven't played any of the other ones either would make me think you'd prefer Batman too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Benzino wrote: »
    Got an invite to the Beta also. I've just created a Boards.ie community on it, just threw it together quickly to see what the craic was with it. Not sure how you guys can find it, but it's called Boards.ie and the preferred game is set to Rocket League. Feel free to join, interested to see how it all works!

There is one set up for the Destiny Clan also... ;)

Boards.ie Destiny Clan

Started the arduous task of clearing my ps3 backlog this week. Man alive, the ds3 is hard to go back to once you get used to the ds4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Started the arduous task of clearing my ps3 backlog this week. Man alive, the ds3 is hard to go back to once you get used to the ds4.

Take the cable you use to charge the ds4, stick it into the ps3 and connect it to the pad and you can use your ps4 controller on the ps3.

You just can't use it wireless

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

so did anybody sign up for the firmware 3.00 ps4 beta ?

i got a key for it today, 250mb download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭shuffles03

So, Destiny...........

I bought it for the Xbox One last year, played it very briefly and then put it to one side due to utter confusion, lack of storyline among many other reasons. I never got far, only a few single digit levels.

Thing is, I've watched a couple of YouTube videos over the last few days and I'm strangely drawn to it all over again. I'm in two minds about getting it. If I do, it'll be for the PS4 meaning I'll be starting from scratch. For people who currently play but more importantly, for people in the same boat as me (used to play but gave up), is now a good time to jump back in?

If I buy the whole TK package, do I need to start with the vanilla Destiny game in order to upgrade before I can tackle the new expansion? Destiny still confuses the hell out of me. Can anyone explain?

The white PS4 embossed Destiny bundle looks ace but I don't think GameStop are selling it. I definitely would have traded in my black model for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Take the cable you use to charge the ds4, stick it into the ps3 and connect it to the pad and you can use your ps4 controller on the ps3.

Only some games mind. I tried GTAV on PS3 with the DS4 and it won't work on that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

shuffles03 wrote: »
    So, Destiny...........

I bought it for the Xbox One last year, played it very briefly and then put it to one side due to utter confusion, lack of storyline among many other reasons. I never got far, only a few single digit levels.

Thing is, I've watched a couple of YouTube videos over the last few days and I'm strangely drawn to it all over again. I'm in two minds about getting it. If I do, it'll be for the PS4 meaning I'll be starting from scratch. For people who currently play but more importantly, for people in the same boat as me (used to play but gave up), is now a good time to jump back in?

If I buy the whole TK package, do I need to start with the vanilla Destiny game in order to upgrade before I can tackle the new expansion? Destiny still confuses the hell out of me. Can anyone explain?

The white PS4 embossed Destiny bundle looks ace but I don't think GameStop are selling it. I definitely would have traded in my black model for that.

Post in the Destiny forum. Massive amount of PS4 players over there. A few people have asked the exact same thing as you in the last few days so have a quick read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Only some games mind. I tried GTAV on PS3 with the DS4 and it won't work on that game.

Oh really? I've only used it a few times so I didn't know it doesn't work on all games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

You can if you register it as a Bluetooth device.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement