Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ended up going for Bloodborne over Batman. Just downloading the update now and will get stuck in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Lemlin wrote: »
    Ended up going for Bloodborne over Batman. Just downloading the update now and will get stuck in then.

You should check out the new Metal Gear Solid, best game yet for the PS4, my opinion of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

You should check out the new Metal Gear Solid, best game yet for the PS4, my opinion of course.

I played MGS and MGS2 on PSone and PS2 but haven't played the series since.

Have played a bit of the recent release on PSN and didn't hugely enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Lemlin wrote: »
    I played MGS and MGS2 on PSone and PS2 but haven't played the series since.

Have played a bit of the recent release on PSN and didn't hugely enjoy it.

The Tearaway demo is coming across as the full game on psn

I will confirm when the download is complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I'd say you'll still need the unlock but you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Taltos wrote: »
    I'd say you'll still need the unlock but you never know.

Its a Demo. Time to go back to witcher 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Games I Want To Buy
    1. Fifa 16
    2. NBA 2k16
    3. Fallout 4
    4. Journey
    5. The Last Of Us
    6. Dragon Age Inquisition
    7. Shadow Of Morder
    8. Destiny
    9. The Last Of Us
    10. Watch Dogs
    11. The Witcher 3

So guys Ive drawn up a list of games, excluding the first two cause well I know them.
    What do ye think of the rest? Been away for a year and these the ones that grabbed my interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭Evade

I'd recommend the Last of Us and the Witcher 3. Dragon Age is fine but the Witcher is a similar type of game and much better. Shadow of Mordor is OK, it plays well enough and the nemesis system is fun but there's not much else to it.

I haven't played any of the rest but I'm looking forward to Fallout 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

astonaidan wrote: »
    Games I Want To Buy

1. Fifa 16 - Not sure, PES might be better
    2. NBA 2k16 - Not played
    3. Fallout 4 - Not out yet but will be brilliant
    4. Journey - Not played
    5. The Last Of Us - Class
    6. Dragon Age Inquisition - Not played
    7. Shadow Of Morder - Really enjoyed it
    8. Destiny - Not played
    9. The Last Of Us - Still class
    10. Watch Dogs - Pretty good but quite generic also
    11. The Witcher 3 - Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Get to The Witcher, Journey and TLOU before most of the games on that list and add Bloodborne.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I wouldn't touch Watch Dogs again even if they give it away free. Maybe it was better on PS4, but it had basically nothing remotely redeeming about it on last gen consoles. Utterly unpleasant, buggy, ugly game.

Loved Dragon Age, but it's HUGE! Certainly value for money, that's for sure.

Really enjoyed Shadow of Mordor, but once I cleared it I had zero inclination to play it again.

I'm one of those people who was really disappointed with Destiny but still somehow managed to put in a few hundred hours. Not interested in ever going back to it.

Witcher 3 is the hit of that list for me. Loved it to bits. Still like to stick it on and just ride around looking at the scenery and listening to the soundtrack and the wind. Cool game.

As tok9 said, add Bloodborne to the list. Great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

+1 for the Witcher 3 which is currently on sale in the US Playstation Store for $41.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Really not happy about the selection of free stuff this month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there anyway to preorder games on foreign stores without paying or having to add a card? I wanna get a pre order the theme for FIFA but it doesn't come with the Irish pre order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there anyway to preorder games on foreign stores without paying or having to add a card? I wanna get a pre order the theme for FIFA but it doesn't come with the Irish pre order

Pre-ordering without being charged and cancelling before releases is only done on EU store, US are charged full price when ordered and you can't cancel it to get a refund.

Not sure about other Japan, considering the langue barrier prevents me from checking

Varik wrote: »
    Pre-ordering without being charged and cancelling before releases is only done on EU store, US are charged full price when ordered and you can't cancel it to get a refund.

Not sure about other Japan, considering the langue barrier prevents me from checking

The UK store allows me too but the theme is time stamped until the game releases :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Just wondering, what's the best site to buy physical copies of games off of? I keep seeing great deals for digital copies but I'm wary of filling up my HDD... Also, I'm very sorry if this question has been asked before :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just wondering, what's the best site to buy physical copies of games off of? I keep seeing great deals for digital copies but I'm wary of filling up my HDD... Also, I'm very sorry if this question has been asked before :P

All games install to your HD, physical and download.

F1ngers wrote: »
    All games install to your HD, physical and download.

That's what I thought initially... Shouldn't have listened to my know-it-all cousin :rolleyes:

Never bought physicals online but from paying attention too this thread I'd say The Games Collection, I'm sure there's a Canadian site too but can't remember the name of it

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Never bought physicals online but from paying attention too this thread I'd say The Games Collection, I'm sure there's a Canadian site too but can't remember the name of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

I read the first page and saw 2 posts about slow downloading speeds on the ps4, I did not read the following 45 to see if a solution was presented. This can sometimes be solved by changing DNS settings on the console as explained here

Changing DNS servers
    To change your DNS servers you can either enter new ones in your Routers configuration or on the console. In both cases you can use either Googles DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or the ones provided by OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220). OpenDNS even has some other interesting additions for DNS, like blocking and protecting ‘dangerous’ websites that include spyware.

Taken from this webpage http://www.gameconnect.net/content/9731/slow-download-speeds-ps4-try/

The OpenDNS servers gave me a 10X the previous download speed. That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

I read the first page and saw 2 posts about slow downloading speeds on the ps4, I did not read the following 45 to see if a solution was presented. This can sometimes be solved by changing DNS settings on the console as explained here

Changing DNS servers
    To change your DNS servers you can either enter new ones in your Routers configuration or on the console. In both cases you can use either Googles DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) or the ones provided by OpenDNS (208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220). OpenDNS even has some other interesting additions for DNS, like blocking and protecting ‘dangerous’ websites that include spyware.

Taken from this webpage http://www.gameconnect.net/content/9731/slow-download-speeds-ps4-try/

The OpenDNS servers gave me a 10X the previous download speed. That is all.

I have tried both. I have openDNS setup at the router and thought that might be the issue. Switched to google for a day and back to UPC.

It does not matter what you choose. It really is just server load. If you download outside of peak times it is much faster (when the PS4 is in sleep mode). For example, downloading the PSPlus games on the day of release is often very slow. But if you wait a few days and do it during UK and IRE school hours, it is much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Damien360 wrote: »
    I have tried both. I have openDNS setup at the router and thought that might be the issue. Switched to google for a day and back to UPC.

It does not matter what you choose. It really is just server load. If you download outside of peak times it is much faster (when the PS4 is in sleep mode). For example, downloading the PSPlus games on the day of release is often very slow. But if you wait a few days and do it during UK and IRE school hours, it is much better.

I add them to downloads from website store when released , and i tend to miss the school crowds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Simply games seem cheap and are very good for getting new releases to you before launch(day or two early).

Video Game Plus is the Canadian site. Some bargains to be had from there at the minute because of the exchange rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

bought destiny and mordor game today, prices for games in canada a lot more reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gravity rush remaster confirmed at Sony conference this morning for PS4, along with a sequel, so thats awesome.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any good weird japanese stuff announced at that conference, the press is of course only covering the big games and Sony first party stuff. I was hoping for a few Gust announcements, like a PS4 Atelier or Ar tonelico game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Any good weird japanese stuff announced at that conference, the press is of course only covering the big games and Sony first party stuff. I was hoping for a few Gust announcements, like a PS4 Atelier or Ar tonelico game.

Main thing I can think of right now is Dangonronpa 3 being on PS4 and Vita. Listening to a recap now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement