Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If anyone is finding their PS4s to get a bit loud, just clean the areas to the side of the PS4 out.

I found mine were pretty dusty so cleaned it out using a tissue and blew out the rest of the dust. Been a hell of a lot quieter since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tok9 wrote: »
    If anyone is finding their PS4s to get a bit loud, just clean the areas to the side of the PS4 out.

I found mine were pretty dusty so cleaned it out using a tissue and blew out the rest of the dust. Been a hell of a lot quieter since.

I've had my PS4 since launch. I decided to give it a thorough spring clean so I took the bottom of it off (breaking the warranty) and removed the power supply. The amount of dust on the fan and heat sink shocked me TBH.

However, after some compressed air and cotton buds, it's nice and quiet now.

Otacon wrote: »
    I've had my PS4 since launch. I decided to give it a thorough spring clean so I took the bottom of it off (breaking the warranty) and removed the power supply. The amount of dust on the fan and heat sink shocked me TBH.

However, after some compressed air and cotton buds, it's nice and quiet now.

Hmmm.. I may do that so. I'm selling my ps4 off at the end of the month to a friend. Making sure it's in as good of condition as possible.

I imagine the warranty will end pretty soon anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I really want to play Until Dawn right now but it screams of price drop to me. Think (and hope) it's the kind of game that'll be around €30 by Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Hmmm.. I may do that so. I'm selling my ps4 off at the end of the month to a friend. Making sure it's in as good of condition as possible.

I imagine the warranty will end pretty soon anyway.
    Just stick a Hoover to the vents it'll be grand;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

iamtony wrote: »
    Just stick a Hoover to the vents it'll be grand;-)

NOPE. Please do not do that. It can lead to static and bad times.

mqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Otacon wrote: »
    NOPE. Please do not do that. It can lead to static and bad times.

mqdefault.jpg

Ha ha:-) it that really a thing? I've never heard that before, mine gets hoovered every once in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭lulzordan

Did they make a huge price update for the IE Store? I was checking https://psprices.com/region-ie/index and I'm seeing 232 discounts and most games I've checked don't say when the new price ends, so I want to assume and hope they've dropped the prices since there's no signs of a sale on the PSN Store page

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

I have 20 beta keys to give away for Rainbow Six Seige that starts on the 24th.

Keys are redeemable for your platform of choice.

Mod edit: you either have keys to give away or you don't.
    Give them away in thread or via PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Would appreciate a code please,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭barry181091

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ni No Kuni is like some of the most gorgeous music and visuals in a game ever mixed with everything wrong with JRPGs. I'm actually surprised by all the talk about how it was going to save japanese RPGs from reviewers, it's just such a poor uninteresting game.

I dunno, at the start it was a chore but I have a boat just now and it is getting better. I will admit that the story is very childish.

I had high hopes for Level 5, they made Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2) and that game was superb. Mind, I was quite young when playing it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,784 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Level 5 are very hit and miss. They make some amazing games like Dragon Quest 8 and 9 and Dark Chronicle and yet they make some absolute stinkers like Ni No Kuni or White Knight Chronicle. The company head likes to get involved in games stories and when he does it usually doesn't turn out too well. He's just a god awful writer and it's no surprise that he was entirely responsible for the awful writing in Ni No Kuni. It doesn't excuse the mess of a battle system either and how generic and dull it is. I remember a few years ago he was let write the story and scenario to a Gundam spin off series that nearly caused a nerd riot in Japan because the story was so bad :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SharpCoder wrote: »

More info at *mod snip*

I wouldnt mind a key but cant access your link due to the work proxy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I just want to play Rogue Galaxy again. All this talk of Sony bringing PS2 classics to PS4, like Dark Cloud, has me hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

More info at *mod snip*

Mehh. I have to sign up to get it... its not really a free give away then , is it ?.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mod edit: you either have keys to give away or you don't.
    Give them away in thread or via PM.

No more of these shenanigans.

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I wouldnt mind a key but cant access your link due to the work proxy :(

Try when you get home, rafflecoptor lets me pick random winners so you can still enter.
    Mehh. I have to sign up to get it... its not really a free give away then , is it ?.

I don't require you to signup to enter the draw/competition, rafflecoptor may ask you to sign into twitter/facebook or ask you for your email, but all freely i'd imagine, there has to be a way for us to identify you to get you the key if you win..obviously.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Try when you get home, rafflecoptor lets me pick random winners so you can still enter.

I don't require you to signup to enter the draw/competition, rafflecoptor may ask you to sign into twitter/facebook or ask you for your email, but all freely i'd imagine, there has to be a way for us to identify you to get you the key if you win..obviously.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Ah if your giving them out here then I'll take one but other than that i'll leave it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

http://au.ign.com/prime/promo/r6-beta

Not that it matters but these are free aswell for anyone that wants one. No sign up aside from uplay that everyone who wants in has to do anyway.

Ah if your giving them out here then I'll take one but other than that i'll leave it :)

TP8A1A9B98MD

• Advertisement

TP8A1A9B98MD

Code is no longer valid? send a PM with one please :)

Code is no longer valid? send a PM with one please :)

done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

SharpCoder wrote:
    done

Could I get one cheers

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Could I get one cheers

done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

irishmover wrote: »
    http://au.ign.com/prime/promo/r6-beta

Not that it matters but these are free aswell for anyone that wants one. No sign up aside from uplay that everyone who wants in has to do anyway.

Excellent. Many thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

done

If you have another I'd love one. If they're gone it's no worries.

Thanks.

Keno wrote: »
    If you have another I'd love one. If they're gone it's no worries.

Thanks.

done

Finally, we have a release date for The Witness - 26th January. Surprised they didn't just hold off until Paris Games Week to announce that or even PSX.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Finally, we have a release date for The Witness - 26th January. Surprised they didn't just hold off until Paris Games Week to announce that or even PSX.

Really looking forward to this, loved Braid, now all we need is a release date for No Man's Sky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

If NMS gets released this year, I'll eat my hat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement