Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Registered for that Rainbow Six Siege beta last week but haven't got an e-mail with a key to activate on PS4... Have I done something wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Registered for that Rainbow Six Siege beta last week but haven't got an e-mail with a key to activate on PS4... Have I done something wrong?

Nah it takes awhile to get the codes which aren't working at the minute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

padair wrote: »
    Nah it takes awhile to get the codes which aren't working at the minute

Saw someone on my friends playing it earlier, assumed the keys where already sent out...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Saw someone on my friends playing it earlier, assumed the keys where already sent out...

There is a technical test live now, it's the same as the beta but just starts a few days earlier. Seems like they randomly selected people who applied to the beta for the test.

Good idea too, as I can't find a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Quick question if you set up a canadian account and buy games on it , Can you then only play it on that account ?

I bought Dragonballz in the flash sale and its not letting me play it on my main account never came across that when i bought from the US Store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Quick question if you set up a canadian account and buy games on it , Can you then only play it on that account ?

I bought Dragonballz in the flash sale and its not letting me play it on my main account never came across that when i bought from the US Store

Make sure your Canadian account has your PS4 set as the primary console. That is usually the problem.

Just activate it yeah ?

Awesome sorted it man thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

So tried to pre order Blood Bowl on the store Friday and on Sunday got an email saying there was a payment error and the pre order was cancelled. I double checked everything with payment today and I can use the card and account for everything else, so there is no actual payment issue. Tried again today, the download completed, all good. Midnight hits and the console pings saying the game is active and usable and just then I get another email saying the pre order was cancelled for the same reason. Not only that, I cannot play the downloaded game and when I try to debut in the store it says I can't buy it with error 83120015 or something like that, which was apparently a huge issue back at launch two years ago. Anyone else had similar issues lately with this or another game, and could maybe know what's going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

So the Xbox boss has said, after Sony cut the price of the PS4 in Japan, he expects them to do so in other territories also.

The Japan drop was the equivalent of around 40 Euro or so.

A similar price drop would mean the RRP for the PS4 hitting around 350-360 Euro.

Given the way Argos discount the console could we be seeing a sub 300 Euro PS4 before the end of the year?

Anyone still waiting to make the leap to the current gen, like myself, are bound to make a move then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm pretty sure a price drop in the UK has already been confirmed. Going from £350 to £300 in October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I'm gonna get a Darth Vader PS4 . This price cut might just be around the release time...sweet.

I was gonna preorder ...but I'll hold off now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure a price drop in the UK has already been confirmed. Going from £350 to £300 in October.

Asda have a deal on in stores for the console and watchdogs for 200 pounds. From hukd

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I'm gonna get a Darth Vader PS4 . This price cut might just be around the release time...sweet.

I was gonna preorder ...but I'll hold off now.

I think its probably doubtful a price cut would impact a limited edition console.

Unless a retailer decided to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Also, the price cut will apply to the 'old' model of the PS4, the 500GB one. The 1TB PS4 will still be £350.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Free Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty Dynamic Theme on US store

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/oddworld-new-'n'-tasty-dynamic-theme/cid=UP4134-CUSA00329_00-UTH0000000000066

OddworldTheme-6.jpg

OddworldTheme-1.jpg

Also there is a Last of Us Sale from 23rd to October 7th. and there is a theme available as well for $0.99

21337825018_68b63d0120_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

That Oddworld theme is hideous.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

I hate paying money for glorified wallpapers, but... That TLOU theme is really nice... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Journey for me is the best theme I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Spiderman 2 for 17.99. Anyone ever play it? Is it as terrible as I imagine?

I'm thinking about getting it for my six year old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Lemlin wrote: »

I enjoyed it. One of the first games I played on ps4. It's open world of new York so you can web sling all the way from times square to central park if you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Lemlin wrote: »

It's awful. Played it for half an hour before getting rid. Maybe a child wouldn't really notice though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Hi All,

Quick question for you. My games on the PS4 take in some cases 40Gb of storage.

I put in Batman and it has 56Gb of storage.

Is there a way to have the games save files without this massive storage.

I find that I can only have around 8-10 games at once with that sort of huge storage space?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Xenji wrote: »
    Journey for me is the best theme I have.

Just checked it out on Youtube, looks very good, though seems like it could be difficult to read the white text at the top against that background.

It seems like you can't have user created themes on PS4, always like that feature on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Benzino wrote: »
    Just checked it out on Youtube, looks very good, though seems like it could be difficult to read the white text at the top against that background.

It seems like you can't have user created themes on PS4, always like that feature on the PS3.

It is not that difficult or I have not noticed it anyway, you get the lovely soundtrack music as well playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

What 2TB drives are people using to expand the storage on the PS4?

I see the seagate 2tb in argos but i think that is 5400rpm and ideally if im going to upgrade id like to eek out the extra performance a 7200rpm drive would give,as little as it may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

EoinHef wrote: »
    What 2TB drives are people using to expand the storage on the PS4?

I see the seagate 2tb in argos but i think that is 5400rpm and ideally if im going to upgrade id like to eek out the extra performance a 7200rpm drive would give,as little as it may be.

There is a good article on Eurogamer about this. Looks like the density of the 2TB drive will already give improvements in seek times so 7200rpm may not be needed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-how-to-cheaply-upgrade-your-ps4-to-2tb

Some good options in that link. The way I see it, get the 2TB drive for the storage or the 1TB hybrid for marginal speed gains but less storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

There is a good article on Eurogamer about this. Looks like the density of the 2TB drive will already give improvements in seek times so 7200rpm may not be needed.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-how-to-cheaply-upgrade-your-ps4-to-2tb

Some good options in that link. The way I see it, get the 2TB drive for the storage or the 1TB hybrid for marginal speed gains but less storage.

Cool thanks,had a look at that article the other day. Its what lead me to the seagate in argos. Was just wondering was there a better 2 TB option. Although the speed increase would most likely be marginal id be annoyed if i bought the seagate and found there was a better option i hadnt looked for.

I think ill just go with the Seagate,think your right and the storage element is more important for me in the long run i reckon.

Getting Destiny TTK tonight thus finally making it a necessity to upgrade the storage.

Any guess how long the back up will take? Bout 460gb to be transferred

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I've use a Hitachi z71000 1tb for consistency of speed. I never had any issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement