Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

JamboMac wrote: »
    i got the planetside beta but when i try and sign into i get, Your permissions do not allow you access to this section.

I got that email today too and am getting the same message.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

I got that email today too and am getting the same message.

Supposedly the devs know of it and are trying to fix it, as i have been on the eu ps website and their is a good few more of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

mickstupp wrote: »
    For that price, kinda interested in the Sherlock Holmes game. Anyone here tried it and liked it?

I reviewed it and really liked it.

It plays like how I imagined L.A. Noire would play before it was released. Well worth it at that price IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Just waiting for the firmware update... any second now....

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

still no notifications when friends come online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

PS4 and Vita firmware is live now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So lads, I've finally started to get into the ps4 now after nearly a year of having it. RER2 is class. Have Bloodborne(very new to this type of game but looks amazing) on its way, picked up Knack and Killzone yesterday for cheap and Tomb Raider also, it's on sale now via psn so I overpaid by €10 oh well.

But Dying Light, I like the look of it. Is there anywhere I can pick it up on the super cheap? Online or B&m?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,979 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Backup to an external HDD? Yes please.

A decent update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I'm not liking the Store being where the games and apps are, I was used to What's New being there :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭lertsnim

The update gets a thumbs up all round from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

lertsnim wrote: »
    The update gets a thumbs up all round from me.

Been home an hour and forgot about the update.....

(Runs to PS4)

If a firmware update gets me excited - I've obviously got bigger issues.... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

JamboMac wrote: »
    i got the planetside beta but when i try and sign into i get, Your permissions do not allow you access to this section.

Same here I got onto PSN support who sent me an e-mail that said goto a website, went to it and it redirected me to PSN support, ill just wait and see what happens

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

shinzon wrote: »
    Same here I got onto PSN support who sent me an e-mail that said goto a website, went to it and it redirected me to PSN support, ill just wait and see what happens

Shin

That site was used for Bloodborne I think but the beta code for planetside was just just in an email for the US beta and for me this time again.

Not sure why this is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just tried the Suspend/Resume on Helldivers there and it was really quick. 2-3 seconds.

It does obviously log you out if you were online though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads I'm strongly considering putting a 2TB hard drive into the Ps4, just wondering if SSD would make any difference or if I should just go with HDD?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads I'm strongly considering putting a 2TB hard drive into the Ps4, just wondering if SSD would make any difference or if I should just go with HDD?

Depending on the game the ssd will make a difference with game install and level loading times etc.

I have a 500gb ssd because I wanted speed over space. Really depends on what your looking for and your budget as an ssd will set you back quite a bit more then a standard hard drive...

Also, with the latest firmware you can backup games and save files etc to an external usb drive, that may be of use to you....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

SSD will make a small difference but not worth it for the price of them. Even a standard 7200rpm HDD will be an improvement over the 5400rpm HDD in the PS4. I have a Hybrid HD in my PS4 and it's only slightly faster, a few seconds here and there over a standard HDD equipped PS4. The console itself does boot up slightly quicker.

The PS4 does not take full advantage of the abilities of a hybrid or a SSD drive. Going back now I'd have went for a good 7200rpm 2 tb drive than the 1tb SHDD I went with.

Thanks lads, is there a specific 2TB one you would recommend?

Thanks man, I've been thinking of putting one in the ps3 as I ran out of space in it a long time ago. Is it easy to transfer the stuff that's already on it over?

• Advertisement

The Samsung M9T is pretty good. The Seagate 2TB backup plus external hard drive has one housed in it. Can just take it out and its ready to go into your PS4.

Some good how to videos in YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Hey guys im also interested in changing harddrive as i only have a few gb to spare.

I have a western digital my book essential external drive, i think its 3.5 gb, will that work?

If not could i use that to transfer everything off my ps4 and then get a neww hdd for the ps4 and transfer everything back on to it?

I cant be redowoading anything as iv a piss poor connection.

Thanks

sugarman wrote: »
    Needs to be a 2.5" drive, yours sounds like its a 3.5".

But yeah with the latest firmware you can copy everything over.

Thanks, ill have to look into doing this soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Argos does indeed have bloodborne for 59.99 :D

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Hey guys im also interested in changing harddrive as i only have a few gb to spare.

I have a western digital my book essential external drive, i think its 3.5 gb, will that work?

If not could i use that to transfer everything off my ps4 and then get a neww hdd for the ps4 and transfer everything back on to it?

I cant be redowoading anything as iv a piss poor connection.

Thanks

Yes it will work however can't be housed inside the PS4. So if you wanted to go this route you will need a sata cable to extend from inside the cover and sit the HDD on top of the PS4.

Plenty of people do it and it works great if you dont need to lug your ps4 around. You can buy a housing bay aswell for the HDD so its enclosed. My personal preference is the 2TB 9.5mm Samsung sitting inside the ps4 but purely for aestethics.

irishmover wrote: »
    Yes it will work however can't be housed inside the PS4. So if you wanted to go this route you will need a sata cable to extend from inside the cover and sit the HDD on top of the PS4.

Plenty of people do it and it works great if you dont need to lug your ps4 around. You can buy a housing bay aswell for the HDD so its enclosed. My personal preference is the 2TB 9.5mm Samsung sitting inside the ps4 but purely for aestethics.

Ill be definitely going the route of getting it inside the system out of the way

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Ill be definitely going the route of getting it inside the system out of the way

Then unless a bigger 9.5mm HDD has come out the Seagate backup plus 2tb which has the Samsung m9t inside is the one you should be looking at.

irishmover wrote: »
    Then unless a bigger 9.5mm HDD has come out the Seagate backup plus 2tb which has the Samsung m9t inside is the one you should be looking at.

This the 1 i need?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00G7LQA1E/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1427443944&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&keywords=seagate+backup+plus&dpPl=1&dpID=31K917UevxL&ref=plSrch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,815 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Couldn't care about suspend features, I just want to be able to turn off the PS4 from the 1st quick menu (hold down the PS button) and the same menu from within a game. Enough room to have Turn Off on the 1st list without going into a Power Options folder. Small thing but annoying me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement