Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,456 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

airmax87 wrote: »
    Anyone already have the new tony hawks off the US store ?
    I seen gamestop are doing pre orders (for seventy five fcuking euros)

It looks like absolute muck. Charging 75 for that is beyond ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

airmax87 wrote: »
    Anyone already have the new tony hawks off the US store ?
    I seen gamestop are doing pre orders (for seventy five fcuking euros)

Better off avoiding it, it needs a 7.8 gig day one patch, which is nearly twice as big as the game itself, reviewers only got copies today and they all seem to think it is a big glitchy mess, even with the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

If you're going to gamestop for your games, you are doing it wrong...

I was googling around, normally I buy off the store or CEX..
    I haven't bought a single physical game for the PS4 yet though and it doesn't look I will be anytime soon, bar street fighter V.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I've started to have audio issues when launching & closing the Netflix app the last couple days (also happens if I invert the colours in my settings). Not sure how to describe it but it's like the sound stops/dips for a split second repeatedly and the only way to fix it is to turn off the tv or disconnect the HDMI. I found a thread about this exact problem on the playstation support forum but there was no solution given so does anyone here know how to fix this properly? I have a Samsung telly which seems to be the main brand with this issue but I've had it for months without any problems :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I've started to have audio issues when launching & closing the Netflix app the last couple days (also happens if I invert the colours in my settings). Not sure how to describe it but it's like the sound stops/dips for a split second repeatedly and the only way to fix it is to turn off the tv or disconnect the HDMI. I found a thread about this exact problem on the playstation support forum but there was no solution given so does anyone here know how to fix this properly? I have a Samsung telly which seems to be the main brand with this issue but I've had it for months without any problems :confused:

Are you on the 3.0 firmware?

Think there may be audio issues with the YT app so maybe it has filtered to Netflix also....

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Are you on the 3.0 firmware?

Think there may be audio issues with the YT app so maybe it has filtered to Netflix also....

No I'm still on 2.57. Checked YouTube there & no problems

No I'm still on 2.57. Checked YouTube there & no problems

Download the 3.00 firmware update, it is not being released till tomorrow unless you beta tested it, but see if that fixes it.

Xenji wrote: »
    Download the 3.00 firmware update, it is not being released till tomorrow unless you beta tested it, but see if that fixes it.

Cheers, didn't realise public release was so soon. Will post tomorrow evening if it's fixed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Happens to me as well, only for the last couple days.
    I have a Samsung Plasma tv.

Its kinda like the tv is changing to a different resolution or its recognising some sort of change with the input once you close the app.

It only dips for a split second for me and goes back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I just gave the live YouTube streaming a quick go there. The delay is ridiculous, it must have been the best part of 2 minutes behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I just gave the live YouTube streaming a quick go there. The delay is ridiculous, it must have been the best part of 2 minutes behind.

At least your intro can be: "Live from the future it's......"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Still better than twitch, at least there is an option other than streaming at source quality in YouTube. You don't need to jump through hoops to become a partner for transcoding to be available.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Happens to me as well, only for the last couple days.
    I have a Samsung Plasma tv.

Its kinda like the tv is changing to a different resolution or its recognising some sort of change with the input once you close the app.

It only dips for a split second for me and goes back to normal.

Yeah mine was kind of like that but wouldn't go back to normal until the playstation was disconnected from the tv. Anywho installed the new update & problem with Netflix seems to be gone, tried it a few times there & it's back to normal so hopefully that will sort it for you too. I tried inverting the colours again & the problem remains there but that's not a big deal since testing the sound is the only reason I did it in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

When playing the uncharted demo what game are you actually playing, is it 1, 2 or 3? I never played any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

iamtony wrote: »
    When playing the uncharted demo what game are you actually playing, is it 1, 2 or 3? I never played any of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

iamtony wrote: »

The second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Is it possible to get sky go in ireland? If so anyone tried it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Luap wrote: »

For Sky go on consoles you need to pay more for sky go extra. Sky go is very handy if you have a family member or friend who is on sky, as you can access a lot of channels for free

The second one.

It looks great, I was actually wondering to myself was I playing a Demo for the new game.

Luap wrote: »

I've sky go installed on a PS3 and a ps4 and it works great on both. It has a good feature where you can scroll through live channels as if your watching normal TV. I do pay extra for it although I started paying extra when I subscribed to it originally so I could use it on the iPad or iPhone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've 4 codes for the Rainbow Six siege beta which has been extended to the 4th.

PM me if you want one.

EDIT: All gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

The second one.

Played it last night.

Am I the only one here who felt a little, 'meh, I have these on ps3 already'?

Think I'll wait for this collection to be €10. Loved those games so much.

'Marco' though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know where or if I can buy Middle Eastern PSN Codes for wallet?... Want to get my brother The Uncharted Collection but can't seem to find where to buy one... His account is set up for Qatar and want to buy it for that account not another one so wondering is it possible for me to purchase a Qatar Code?... Could I use my own Visa Card to order, or does it have to be his?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone know where or if I can buy Middle Eastern PSN Codes for wallet?... Want to get my brother The Uncharted Collection but can't seem to find where to buy one... His account is set up for Qatar and want to buy it for that account not another one so wondering is it possible for me to purchase a Qatar Code?... Could I use my own Visa Card to order, or does it have to be his?

Would imagine it would be easier to transfer money to his bank account and let him buy it himself.

I am assuming he works/lives in Qatar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

F1ngers wrote: »
    Would imagine it would be easier to transfer money to his bank account and let him buy it himself.

I am assuming he works/lives in Qatar.

Yeah I kind of didn't want him knowing that I was going to do it (otherwise he wouldn't take the money) ... Yeah he lives and works out there..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yeah I kind of didn't want him knowing that I was going to do it (otherwise he wouldn't take the money) ... Yeah he lives and works out there..

Going by the amount of psn store updates with "not available in Qatar" on them I'd say he's better off starting a new account, he could still keep old games on his old account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

What Rakuten.co.uk like ?, anyone here use them ?.. was about to order MGSV for around 51e with the 10% off they're doing atm. But looking up reviews for the site are brutal.

What Rakuten.co.uk like ?, anyone here use them ?.. was about to order MGSV for around 51e with the 10% off they're doing atm. But looking up reviews for the site are brutal.

They do great deals and you will get your item, but it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Xenji wrote: »
    They do great deals and you will get your item, but it could take anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months.

Well screw that. Ill keep an eye on simplygames for it instead. They had it for £29.99 afew days back too, but i seen the email too late. Gotta stay vigilant for these damn sales!

• Advertisement

It may be just coincidence but quite a few people on Neogaf are saying that downloads speeds have improved since the new 3.00 update, they seem the same to me, but they rarely have been bad in the first place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement