Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

What Rakuten.co.uk like ?, anyone here use them ?.. was about to order MGSV for around 51e with the 10% off they're doing atm. But looking up reviews for the site are brutal.

Was a great site back when it was Play.com and they were selling the items themselves, but now that it is just a marketplace it is nowhere near as good either in terms of deals or delivery times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I regularly use Rakuten.co.uk to get games delivered to Parcel motel, 90% of the time I will get the game a day before or on release day ( mad max and metal gear most recently). I have had good delivery times and prices with "TheGameCollection", "Base.com" and "SimplyGames" sellers.

I just pre-ordered the Nathan Drake collection with the 10% off and use some points I had from the previous orders.

Total £ 42.95
    Shipping Fee £ 0.00
    10% Voucher -£ 4.30
    Points Spent -395 Points
    (395 Points = £ 3.95)
    Order Total £ 34.70

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

+1 for the Game Collection, great prices and you usually get the game a day or two before release with parcel motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Xenji wrote: »
    It may be just coincidence but quite a few people on Neogaf are saying that downloads speeds have improved since the new 3.00 update, they seem the same to me, but they rarely have been bad in the first place.

Ive been re downloading a lot of games lately and i would say its got a lot more consistent than faster,in my case anyway. I seem to max download at 4mb/s,previously i would have to pause and restart a few times to get that speed and mid download it could drop off again. Now its much more likely to start and 4mb/s and now maintain it for the whole download. Which is nice.

Also downloading a few things in paralell each download was maintaining 4mb/s,ie 3 downloads going,all @ 4mb/s. So the console was downloading @12mb/s overall which isnt too shabby. I dont like what seems to be a cap on individual downloads though,why not let me download one title at 12mb/s if your gonna let me download 3 at 4mb/s each?

Still irks me though when steam downloads at over 21mb/s and that service is free!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Hey guys, quick question, I'm looking to get a PS4 and Fifa 16, no interest In any other games ATM apart from MGS.

Which option out the two should I select? If I choose Destiny, I will sell the game and buy FIFA.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540.htm or http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4485016.htm

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Hey guys, quick question, I'm looking to get a PS4 and Fifa 16, no interest In any other games ATM apart from MGS.

Which option out the two should I select? If I choose Destiny, I will sell the game and buy FIFA.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1222540.htm or http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4485016.htm

Thanks!

Destiny one, sell Destiny and buy FIFA

F1ngers wrote: »
    Destiny one, sell Destiny and buy FIFA

Thanks but FIFA comes free with the 1st option, how much could I sell Destiny for?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Thanks but FIFA comes free with the 1st option, how much could I sell Destiny for?

Check CEX website, they'll tell you trade in value.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Check CEX website, they'll tell you trade in value.

€12 :-/ surely the 1st option Is best money wise? Are the two playstations the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

€12 :-/ surely the 1st option Is best money wise? Are the two playstations the same?

Buy the 1tb version with Fifa. When you work out the value of the trade in of the games , you end up with a 1tb console for about €10-15 more .

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=428/4334

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

From looking at the site that is the value for Destiny on it's own but the bundle includes the Taken King Legendary Edition which would be would quite a bit more as it includes the game, both DLC's and Taken King.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Kaiser Sosay

Just a quick question. If I wanted to swap out and upgrade my PS4 HD to a 1TB version, what type/brand/spec would ye recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

You should get near €50 for Destiny if its the taken king version,thats about what they are going for an adverts. If your going to sell it do it quick,wont be long before it de values

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Just a quick question. If I wanted to swap out and upgrade my PS4 HD to a 1TB version, what type/brand/spec would ye recommend?

Upgrade to a 2tb, Argos code 248/9935
    could this information be placed in one of the stickys mods? Really regular question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

cadete wrote: »
    could this information be placed in one of the stickys mods? Really regular question

If people used search function and even google as its a faster process than Boards. Instead of using Boards as a slower version of Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭belgowho

IGNORE

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Kaiser Sosay

cadete wrote: »

Thanks for that, I'll check that out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Has Destiny The Taken King appeared on anyones game list on their PS4 today? It's just sitting on my dash for some reason.

Not one Argos In the god damn country has a PS4 In stock :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Has Destiny The Taken King appeared on anyones game list on their PS4 today? It's just sitting on my dash for some reason.
    Yeah. It's on mine too but when you click into tit it asks you to pay €89.99 for it
    No thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Yeah. It's on mine too but when you click into tit it asks you to pay €89.99 for it
    No thanks...

Go to SETTINGS - AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS - FEATURED CONTENT and make sure it is unchecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Otacon wrote: »
    Go to SETTINGS - AUTOMATIC DOWNLOADS - FEATURED CONTENT and make sure it is unchecked.

Spot on Otacon that worked. Never seen that before, is it new with the 3.0 software?

Spot on Otacon that worked. Never seen that before, is it new with the 3.0 software?

The setting isn't new but I haven't seen it used yet until today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Whats broken age like. Played for 30 mins with the guy and i was eating ice cream and all sorts of weird stuff. No idea what was going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there anyway to purchase stuff of the US Store without using store credit? PayPal kept telling me my email/password wasn't correct so I tried adding my card with a US address but wouldn't let me either. All I want to buy is a theme so purchasing credit from amazon wouldn't be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Anyone know if I can buy credit for the PS Store in GameStop? I have a voucher and I want to get the DLC for Dragon Age

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone know if I can buy credit for the PS Store in GameStop? I have a voucher and I want to get the DLC for Dragon Age

Yeah, 20's and 50's I think.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Whats broken age like. Played for 30 mins with the guy and i was eating ice cream and all sorts of weird stuff. No idea what was going on

It's a funny, well-written adventure game whose first half is better than its second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Yeah. I noticed that yesterday. Is it just the demo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

padair wrote: »
    Yeah. I noticed that yesterday. Is it just the demo?

No, its a new feature of the new FW, it semi downloads the game to your dash should you decide to buy it... (pure waste of bandwidth)

There is an option in settings to disable it, I think it may be under PS+ settings....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement