Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

in an ideal world PS Now wouldn't charge you for games you already own eg if you have the disc, or if it is in your account purchase history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Getting one of these bad boys tomorrow, I'm like a year late but still very much excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Gran Turismo 3 wasn't out at launch.
    It came out in July 2001.
    Sorry just saying.
    It must have been another game you bought with it.

You have me baffled now ! I'll have to check tonight. I think I still have the receipt lol !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

marvsins wrote: »
    You have me baffled now ! I'll have to check tonight. I think I still have the receipt lol !

It could only have been Ridge Racer V, Smuggler's Run or Wild Wild Racing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Faker74 wrote: »
    in an ideal world PS Now wouldn't charge you for games you already own eg if you have the disc, or if it is in your account purchase history.

In an ideal world it would cost Sony nothing to run the service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

lertsnim wrote: »
    In an ideal world it would cost Sony nothing to run the service.

So you are saying we should smash the existing capitalist structure and outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society

Have the PSN run as an anarcho-syndicalist commune. Taking it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting, by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two thirds majority in the case of...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

So you are saying we should smash the existing capitalist structure and outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society

Have the PSN run as an anarcho-syndicalist commune. Taking it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting, by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two thirds majority in the case of...

It can't be run that way because a board of management, it's arm clad in the purest Armani, held aloft a contract, signifying by the financial controller's providence that PSN was to carry an annual charge of €50.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sony could offer that service for free. However who then is going to pay for the costs of the servers that run the software and all the algorithms that run on said servers to emulate your game and then send it to your console with minimum lag. It would be nice if they came up with an emulator solution but with PS plus being so popular and the rise of Hulu and Netflix showing that subscription services are the future (and far more profitable) it's no wonder that Sony are taking this route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I am saying that it is fine as it is. Your ideal world situation is far fetched.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Child of Light is currently €6 on PSN - is it any good?

• Advertisement

Yeah it is a fun little game with some great visuals and score, well worth it for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Fantastic game yeah, wonderful music and artstyle with a surprisingly deep combat system.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say no. It's too bloody slow with a battle system that bogs everything down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah the PS3 and 360 were real Boom era machines. Stupidly high prices, weird architecture and crazy custom chips. The One and PS4 on the other hand are real recession machines, basically a PC in a box made from cheap off the shelf components from the lowest tenderer and easy to miniaturise for future production cost cuts. They are were also relatively low powered at launch and are near archaic now in terms of what is available on PC while it took a mega PC at the time to match or beat the 360 and PS3 at launch.

Another big problem with the PS3 at the time was they tried to make it the ultimate playstation capable of playing any game from 3 generations of Playstations. Add to that a serious amount of multimedia options that eventually got cut to reduce costs.

It brings back memories of early adopter fanboys defending Resistance at launch as a good game :P Actually those fanboy wars were a pain in the ass to moderate!

Tbh I'd rather pay more and get a much better machine. If you look back at computers and consoles over the years and how much they cost then the One and the PS4 are stupidly cheap. My PS4 cost less than my Commodore 64 did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Can anybody help me out here?
    I'm trying to log in to a site through the PS4 browser, previously the keyboard would pop up over the webpage and I could type my username and then "X" out of it and type my password then R2.
    Now the keyboard pops up on its own and R2 is the only option but that tries to log me in before I can put in my password :(

This is the way it appears now.

Never mind, my text was set to large and bold after the latest update for some reason and that's what caused it :o

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Tbh I'd rather pay more and get a much better machine. If you look back at computers and consoles over the years and how much they cost then the One and the PS4 are stupidly cheap. My PS4 cost less than my Commodore 64 did.

If the prices of those machines hit the 100-150 euro price point in their life time it will mean a big install base which means we should see smaller devs take bigger risks with games which is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RitterRob

Is anyone else playing Bloodbourne finding it difficult to run other apps like spofity at the same time? It's like listening to a CD that keeps skipping! I suppose it's just a processing thing...any tips? Words of comfort?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

RitterRob wrote: »
    Is anyone else playing Bloodbourne finding it difficult to run other apps like spofity at the same time? It's like listening to a CD that keeps skipping! I suppose it's just a processing thing...any tips? Words of comfort?

I think firmware and operating system is sonys downfall, if they had the skilled team that m$ have behind their opertating system, they would actually use the extra power the PS4 has over the one but at present, the PS4 OS is terrible and crumbles at multitasking, specially trying to use the browser with anything, the dreaded "out of memory" for example.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd like to think the console is telling you not to spoil the incredible atmosphere and world building of Bloodborne with a custom soundtrack ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RitterRob

I'd like to think the console is telling you not to spoil the incredible atmosphere and world building of Bloodborne with a custom soundtrack ;)

Very true, but nothing the soft romantic melodies of Taylor Swift can't enhance!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

RitterRob wrote: »
    Very true, but nothing the soft romantic melodies of Taylor Swift can't enhance!

That's crazy talk, man.

Everybody knows Taylor Swift isn't on Spotify!

Firewatch has a release date.
    Circle February 9 on your calendar, gather your friends, and put your camping trips on hold: Firewatch is coming to Windows, Mac, Linux, and PlayStation 4. At the same time!

Right now we’re still polishing, optimizing, writing, and developing the last bits of the game, but we can’t wait to put it out there for you to play. Our goal is a worldwide simultaneous release!

We’ll have much more to say in the lead-up to February 9, as well as some opportunities for folks to get an early hands-on. Keep an eye on the @camposanto Twitter feed for more, and feel free to toss us questions there or in the comments right on this blog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can't seem to find anything so i'll ask here.
    Is is possible to buy BF4 with all the DLC on disk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Don't think so

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone get wasteland 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone get wasteland 2?

Nope but it does look good. I never knew this but the original Wasteland released in 1988 provided the concept and basis for the original Fallout games.

Would be interested too to see if anyone has tried it.

Just found a thread on it - link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Mr Blobby wrote: »

To avoid having to download it?

If so then that would be a no,you can get a premium edition physical copy but that will just have a redeem code for the dlc that will then have to be downloaded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

EoinHef wrote: »
    To avoid having to download it?

If so then that would be a no,you can get a premium edition physical copy but that will just have a redeem code for the dlc that will then have to be downloaded.

At this stage he'll still have a large download it even if the dlc was in disc from patching and the recent free maps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement