Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

gimli2112 wrote: »
    1. The Last of Us

2. Yes

3. The Last of Us?
    GerB40 wrote: »
    I couldn't get the hype for The Last of Us when it was out first but I saw it cheap on PSstore one day and thought "fúck it, why not?". Now I completely understand... Its one of the rare games that not only lives up to the hype but completely surpasses it. The story is astonishing, the graphics are unreal, I reckon it's the perfect game. So yeah, I'd also recommend The Last of Us.
    titan18 wrote: »
    Could be having a price cut in the next few weeks (based on US and Japanese price cuts + pics from Dutch stores) so would wait a week or two before buying a PS4 now.
    Faker74 wrote: »
    In general Argos seem to be the best place. For bundle deals, although their current selection isn't the best they have done it still gets most other bricks and mortar stores.

PS+ is well worth it in my opinion, The free monthly games tend to be indie fare which I know some people aren't crazy about, but you get the occasional gem. And it is a requirement for online gaming.

Thanks a million for all these lads. The Last of Us is a huge reason for me getting it. Friends have been raving about it since day 1.

I'll hold out for a week or two and see does the price drop. If not I was looking at picking up the Destiny: Taken King bundle or the Uncharted bundle from argos and adding in MGSV too.

Thoughts on which is best? Leaning towards Uncharted because of the value for money and the game looks brilliant!

If I'm going to get a years sub to Ps+ is it worth picking up a PsVita on the cheap at some stage to avail of the free games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Thanks a million for all these lads. The Last of Us is a huge reason for me getting it. Friends have been raving about it since day 1.

I'll hold out for a week or two and see does the price drop. If not I was looking at picking up the Destiny: Taken King bundle or the Uncharted bundle from argos and adding in MGSV too.

Thoughts on which is best? Leaning towards Uncharted because of the value for money and the game looks brilliant!

If I'm going to get a years sub to Ps+ is it worth picking up a PsVita on the cheap at some stage to avail of the free games?

I'm going for the Uncharted Bundle with MGSV if there's no price drop. Will wait til end of month and see what happens. Hoping there is and maybe something with either Fallout 4 or Battlefront happening that I can pick up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I started playing Destiny in September 2014 and literally haven't stopped. Game is very addictive. It's grindy and not too everyone's taste but if you get into it you're sorted. It's the best value for money game I've ever got.

Bought Uncharted which is the first other game in about a year I've put anytime into. I'm only on Drake's Fortune and it is a bit dated but absolutley loving it. Played all three before on PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I started playing Destiny in September 2014 and literally haven't stopped. Game is very addictive. It's grindy and not too everyone's taste but if you get into it you're sorted. It's the best value for money game I've ever got.

Bought Uncharted which is the first other game in about a year I've put anytime into. I'm only on Drake's Fortune and it is a bit dated but absolutley loving it. Played all three before on PS3.
    I thought destiny was a ok game the lass boss in the game was disappointing remind me of mass effect 3 just to get very end of it and seeing how it ends:(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rob808 wrote: »
    I thought destiny was a ok game the lass boss in the game was disappointing remind me of mass effect 3 just to get very end of it and seeing how it ends:(.

What last boss ? The Black Heart where they make the three statues come alive ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

rob808 wrote: »

Yeah it's really about the online and end game stuff like Raids, Iron Banner , Strikes , Trials of Osiris. I have a group of people that are into it. Reckon it does something to your brain.,The quest to level up is neverending. Had a few people quit but the recent expansion has been very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Does anyone know how CEX and the like go about updating their console trade in values?
    I want to trade in my PS3 then upgrade to the PS4, and the rumoured price drop strikes me as a good time to do it. But say, for example, Sony announce a 50 euro reduction in the Rrp for the PS4. Will the PS3 instantly lose 10 or 20% of its trade in value?

Basically should I trade in in advance of any pricing change announcement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Faker74 wrote: »
    Basically should I trade in in advance of any pricing change announcement?

I can't answer your question but I will say this - I cannot think of any reason why the trade in value would go up (outside of that model suddenly becoming a rarity).

In which case, the sooner you trade in, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody know how to stop sharing link to the store when sharing clips on twitter?

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody know how to stop sharing link to the store when sharing clips on twitter?

It is part of the sharing mechanism, it can't be switched off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Another system update passes by without a 'delete all' function for notifications.
    I've just spent 10 minutes deleting my upload notifications, when it's full I can't upload to the cloud or YouTube. Pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Where is the Tales from the Borderlands finale? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The new update allows you to“follow” developers that have the “verified” mark without needing to add them as friends. Here is a list of developers and other personalities
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3ph0gb/verified_psn_accounts_other_quasifamous_people/

PlayStation
    • Shuhei Yoshida (President of Sony’s Worldwide Studios)
      PSN: Yosp (North American PSN)
      PSN: GameApe2001 (Japanese PSN)
    • Mark Cerny (PS4 Lead Architect)
      PSN: Marcus
    • Adam Boyes (VP of Publisher & Developer Relations)
      PSN: DaBooya
    • Gio Corsi (Director of Third Party Production & Developer Relations at PlayStation)
      PSN: EasyRhino43
    • John Drake (Director of Portfolio Strategy at PlayStation)
      PSN: TheJohnDrake
    • Scott Rohde (Senior VP for Sony Worldwide Studios America)
      PSN: TonyGwynn
    • Sid Shuman (PlayStation Blogcast)
      PSN: shumanji
    • Justin Massongill (PlayStation Blogcast)
      PSN: j00zt1n
    • Nick Suttner (Has relations with developers.)
      PSN: rocksolidaudio
    • Chris Owen (PlayStation Europe Community Manager)
      PSN: Envisager
    • Ross Thoroughgood (PlayStation Community Coordinator)
      PSN: LordRoss
    • The Frannifer (PlayStation Plus Community Coordinator)
      PSN: Cjarsa

First Party
    • Stuart Platt (Producer for SHAREfactory)
      PSN: pid
    • Mohammed Khan (Project Lead for SHAREfactory)
      PSN: Kubla
    • /u/nolliethebum (Sony Santa Monica External Community Manager)
      PSN: olliethebum
    • Aaron Kaufman (Sony Santa Monica Senior Community Strategist)
      PSN: Just–Tank
    • Nathan Gary (Creative Director at Santa Monica Studios)
      PSN: Cichli_Suite
    • Neil Druckmann (Director at Naughty Dog)
      PSN: DrUckmann
    • Christophe Balestra (Naughty Dog Director)
      PSN: telletophe
    • Arne Meyer (Community Manager of Naughty Dog)
      PSN: arne
    • Jason Paul (Web Developer at Naughty Dog)
      PSN: jmpaul
    • Mark Norris (Senior Producer at Guerrilla)
      PSN : deathstryker
    • Paul Rustchynsky (Director of DRIVECLUB)
      PSN: Rushy
    • Jamie Brayshaw (DRIVECLUB Community Manager)
      PSN: Phenom_Evolution
    • Evolution Studios (Drive Club Makers)
      PSN: EvolutionStudios

Third-Party
    • Pete Hines (PR/Community at Bethesda)
      PSN: DCDeacon
    • Sarah Wellock (Community Manager at Bethesda)
      PSN: rikkusarah
    • Neil Gorton (Community Manager at Capcom)
      PSN: LondonCalling09
    • Stewart Gilray (Business Development and Founder of Just Add Water ltd.)
      PSN: Gilrod
    • Mike Bithell (Creator of Thomas Was Alone and Volume)
      PSN: Biffikins

GiantBomb
    • Jeff Gerstmann: giantbombing
    • Vinny Caravella: mindcavity
    • Brad Shoemaker: bradx0r
    • Dan Ryckert: ExileOnMassSt
    • Alex Navarro: Lexicon81
    • Austin Walker: WreckTheLaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    Where is the Tales from the Borderlands finale? :(

Tomorrow for PS4 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Tomorrow for PS4 :(

All websites said Tuesday for PC and PS4 while the Xbox One would get it on Wednesday. One day really but still annoying looking for something that's not there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

All websites said Tuesday for PC and PS4 while the Xbox One would get it on Wednesday. One day really but still annoying looking for something that's not there.

It is there, I just searched on laptop and it's there maybe it got added at midnight but I purchased from Canada store and it's there also... Too bad I must sleep now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Yeah, it must have been added at midnight. I won't be able to play it until this evening now. I think I've already encountered a spoiler or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Thar_Cian wrote:
    Yeah, it must have been added at midnight. I won't be able to play it until this evening now. I think I've already encountered a spoiler or two.

It was on the US psn store at around 9pm but was unavailable for a while, was coming up as unavailable as I have purchased the season pass. Was able to download at around 10pm. If you want to avoid spoilers then use the unspoiler chrome extension. It says it's for tv shows but it works for games too. Just enter tales from the Borderlands and any time it's mentioned on any web page, even Facebook it will be in spoiler tags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

May be of some interest to people here, the twitch app is now available on the us store and probably on the eu store soon im guessing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Any recommendations for headsets sub 100? Preferably wireless.

• Advertisement

Any recommendations for headsets sub 100? Preferably wireless.

Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 500Ps go on sale regularly enough. I picked them up myself almost half price a few months ago.

turtlebeachearforce500p-578-80-550x309.jpg

Woohoo, price cut

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/21/ps4-international-price-cut/

Guess I'm joining the PS4 train

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

titan18 wrote: »
    Woohoo, price cut

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/21/ps4-international-price-cut/

Guess I'm joining the PS4 train

Saw that this morning. What will this mean for the Argos bundles? Will they reduce an already 'cheap' bundle?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Saw that this morning. What will this mean for the Argos bundles? Will they reduce an already 'cheap' bundle?

I certainly hope so... sold my ps3 this morning and Friday is payday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I don't think anything will change on the Argos front, be interesting to see do they go lower though!

That's what I'm hoping. Probably unlikely, but would be quite nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Trying to access the retro PSOne and PS2 games from the Playstation Store on my console but can't find them. Whereabouts are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Lemlin wrote: »
    Trying to access the retro PSOne and PS2 games from the Playstation Store on my console but can't find them. Whereabouts are they?

On your PS4 console?

Not there, as they can't be used on PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Varik wrote: »
    On your PS4 console?

Not there, as they can't be used on PS4

Ah right. Are they Vita only then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Lemlin wrote: »
    Ah right. Are they Vita only then?

PS3 also if you have it