Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lemlin wrote: »
    Trying to access the retro PSOne and PS2 games from the Playstation Store on my console but can't find them. Whereabouts are they?

Just wait for PS Now, the UK got a surprise release, we should have it by the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Xenji wrote: »
    Just wait for PS Now, the UK got a surprise release, we should have it by the end of the year.

I'll be passing on that service. Total rip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Even though I already own The Wolf Among Us on PC I never got around to finishing it, so purchased for €12.50 on PS4... Tales from the Borderlands is one hell of a game, literally buying any Episode type game seems to be a good idea, the ending of each episode just leaves you wanting more..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

RedXIV wrote: »
    PS3 also if you have it

Don't have a PS3 but my son is getting a Vita for Xmas. It's already bought. Any games anyone would recommend for him?

I'm thinking Crash Bandicoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Don't have a PS3 but my son is getting a Vita for Xmas. It's already bought. Any games anyone would recommend for him?

The Spyro trilogy usually appears at a good sale price once in a while. Tomba is also great fun for young kids, my 4yr daughter loves it.

And obviously Final Fantasy VII :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Got our young lad a Vita 2 Xmas ago, he was 9 at the time - it was the biggest waste of cash we ever spent on him tbh - the same year his big bro got a 3DS and he ended up using his old DSXL then more to play co op with the bro....

The fact that you can have only one PS account on it is really debilitating, I thought I could sign into mine along with his and he would have all the free PS+ games I've been building over the years, how wrong was I!

I'd say he has played a grand total of 4 games on it fully....

I wanted to try remote play with my PS4 but I need to purchase my own Vita with my own PSN account on it... :(

Of course all families are different - and I'm not saying that to put you off, I just think Nintendo do handheld machines better than Sony for kids...

Especially if the child already has a tablet...

I'll be passing on that service. Total rip.

Not if we get the UK pricing model, 14.99 a month and all you can play is good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

So a min €20 for us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

It doesn't feel like a great deal to me, tbh. It feels like a €9.99 service.

Xenji wrote: »
    Not if we get the UK pricing model, 14.99 a month and all you can play is good deal.

15 Sterling?

Or 15 euro?

If it was 15 euro I'd try it the odd time, just wouldn't subscribe every month....

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    15 Sterling?

Or 15 euro?

If it was 15 euro I'd try it the odd time, just wouldn't subscribe every month....

Its currently 12.99 sterling, going by past pricing it should be around E14.99, of course it could be lower or higher, the pricing and model in the UK is different than the US.

I have access to every PS1/2 game any way on my PS2, so it does not interest me much at the moment, but with the addition of trophies and then PS3/4 games in the future, more people will make use of the service.

Everything really is still in a beta phase, and it will probably change a lot in the next year or so with more customer feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Got our young lad a Vita 2 Xmas ago, he was 9 at the time - it was the biggest waste of cash we ever spent on him tbh - the same year his big bro got a 3DS and he ended up using his old DSXL then more to play co op with the bro....

The fact that you can have only one PS account on it is really debilitating, I thought I could sign into mine along with his and he would have all the free PS+ games I've been building over the years, how wrong was I!

I'd say he has played a grand total of 4 games on it fully....

I wanted to try remote play with my PS4 but I need to purchase my own Vita with my own PSN account on it... :(

Of course all families are different - and I'm not saying that to put you off, I just think Nintendo do handheld machines better than Sony for kids...

Especially if the child already has a tablet...

He has a DS from years ago that I bought my wife. Plays a lot of Mario on it but has been asking for a Vita.

I've set the Vita up to my own PSN account. He's only six so isn't worried about having his own.
    RedXIV wrote: »
    The Spyro trilogy usually appears at a good sale price once in a while. Tomba is also great fun for young kids, my 4yr daughter loves it.

And obviously Final Fantasy VII :D

Spyro is a great shout. I had Spyro one myself and loved it. Wasn't so fond of the sequels.

He has a DS from years ago that I bought my wife. Plays a lot of Mario on it but has been asking for a Vita.

I've set the Vita up to my own PSN account. He's only six so isn't worried about having his own.

Spyro is a great shout. I had Spyro one myself and loved it. Wasn't so fond of the sequels.

Loved the first Spyro myself back in the day, was a great little game for its time...

In hindsight I probably should put my PSN account on his Vita, I'd probably have more games on it then he would and he may get a bit more use out of it - can Vita and PS4 be both online on one account at the same time though I wonder?

Loved the first Spyro myself back in the day, was a great little game for its time...

In hindsight I probably should put my PSN account on his Vita, I'd probably have more games on it then he would and he may get a bit more use out of it - can Vita and PS4 be both online on one account at the same time though I wonder?

Yep you can have both online at the same time using the same account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Kinda want this:

20th-Anniversary-PlayStation-Steelbook.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Hey, might sound like a stupid question but my brother managed to put my ps4 in safe mode by holding down the power button and now I can't seem to get out of it, it just loads up to a screen with 7 options, such as adjust screen resolution, initialize ps4, restore system settings etc.

A quick Google only brought me to a ps4 safe mode loop glitch or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Is there a rebuild databases option? That seems to fix a lot of issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Another system update passes by without a 'delete all' function for notifications.
    I've just spent 10 minutes deleting my upload notifications, when it's full I can't upload to the cloud or YouTube. Pain in the ass.

Hasn't there always been a delete all option. Start button then mark all as read. Takes about three seconds .

Am I being thick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Hasn't there always been a delete all option. Start button then mark all as read. Takes about three seconds .

Am I being thick?

Nope,was thinking the same thing. Mark all as read works for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Mark as read is not the same as delete. There's an issue some, including myself, are having where the PS4 will not upload videos to YouTube, screenshots to Twitter or game saves to online storage (see pic) when upload notifications are full.

Deleting all upload notifications is the only fix and it has to be done individually.

366546.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Id definitely recommend Rayman on the Vita aswell as Little Big Planet.

It's very handy having the ps1 back catalogue on the Vita, there are plenty of kid friendly games on there for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There's an issue some, including myself, are having where the PS4 will not upload videos to YouTube, screenshots to Twitter or game saves to online storage (see pic) when upload notifications are full.

I have that problem myself. It's some nuisance.

• Is anyone having issues with PSN this evening? I can't start a party or access the store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Is anyone having issues with PSN this evening? I can't start a party or access the store

It was fine for me about 2 hours ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

STAR WARS Battlefront Ultimate Edition price comparison .

IE store €129.98 ,
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/star-wars-battlefront-ultimate-edition/cid=EP0006-CUSA00634_00-SWBULTIMATEPREOR

US store $119.99 ( approx €110 with credit from pcgamesupply )
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/star-wars-battlefront-ultimate-edition-/cid=UP0006-CUSA00640_00-SWBULTIMATEPREOR

CAN store has no price up yet...but keep an eye on it,
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/star-wars-battlefront-ultimate-edition-/cid=UP0006-CUSA00640_00-SWBULTIMATEPREOR

So... on the basis above , you would be better off either , keeping the disc (if you are going to buy the Darth Vader console with Battlefront disc ) and just purchasing the " Season Pass " ,if the price in the IE store is €49.99 ...or...

Depending on the price that the Ultimate edition will be in the CAN store ...sell your disc that is included with the console bundle (you should get about €50+ ) and buy the lot from the Can store if it's gonna cost about $130 Can ( about €85 ) .

Keep watching the Can store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,457 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The last few days I've been on my PS4, every so often one fairly loud beep comes out of it, but nothing else happens, just one beep. The game carries on as normal and the console don't feel particularly warm or anything. The one thing I'll add is that I have a Seagate 2TB hard drive in it, if that has anything to do with it.

Haven't a clue what's going on, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

martyos121 wrote: »
    The last few days I've been on my PS4, every so often one fairly loud beep comes out of it, but nothing else happens, just one beep. The game carries on as normal and the console don't feel particularly warm or anything. The one thing I'll add is that I have a Seagate 2TB hard drive in it, if that has anything to do with it.

Haven't a clue what's going on, any ideas?

I think one of the updates messed something up, as for the last couple of weeks every time I start the Ps4 it needs to rebuild the database.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Prob a silly question but if you buy a PS4 game in the states will it work on an Irish PS4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Prob a silly question but if you buy a PS4 game in the states will it work on an Irish PS4?

Games are region free, so yes it will work just fine.

• Advertisement

CombatCow wrote: »
    Games are region free, so yes it will work just fine.

You will need a US PSN account though to download any DLC, very simple to set one up though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement