Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Driveclub Bikes rated for PS4 in Europe
    The Pan European Game Information board has rated Driveclub Bikes for PlayStation 4 in Europe.

The rating is separate from Driveclub‘s, a racing game published by Sony Computer Entertainment and developed by Evolution Studios that came out in October 2014.

Looks like the first PGW announcement may have leaked a day early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw that survey going around for the next firmware update. Man.... 'Appear Offline' is my most wanted feature but tons of those updates I would like.

UNILAD-sonyknowskiz2k79695.png

• haiyna wrote: »
    It was fine for me about 2 hours ago.
    Sorry just spotted this now. Thanks for the reponse but it was my bogband not PSN :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Is there any way to turn off the notification that comes up when the DS4 turns off? Only way I can find to do it is to turn all notifications on as it isn't individually listed in settings.

It really takes me out of films ten minutes after I start or unpause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I can't help but want PS1 and PS2 classics on the PS4. probably because of the amount of money I spent on them for my PS3, it irks me that all those purchases don't transfer to the newer console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Change PSN ID is a big one for me. XBL has that feature and used to charge for it but now it's free.

After that Folders, delete library items and then friend sign alerts.

Yeah the Change PSN ID is a big one for me as well. I'd say it will be implemented with the way news sites are reporting it, that's one of the highlighted features they mention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah the Change PSN ID is a big one for me as well. I'd say it will be implemented with the way news sites are reporting it, that's one of the highlighted features they mention.

Any links to the survey by any chance? :D

RedXIV wrote: »
    Any links to the survey by any chance? :D

I read it was sent out on Neogaf and invite only. Pity they didn't make it more public but I understand having to go through millions of surveys. I just hope the Gaf boys have a bit of cop on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Heavy Rain for PS4 being shown at Paris Games Week. Hi-defination JASONing for everybody! Jason. Jason. Jason!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Am I the only one who really wants the feature that tells you when friends come online?

I miss that so, so much from the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Anyone else having problems signing in, i haven't been able to sign into the PSN in nearly a day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone else having problems signing in, i haven't been able to sign into the PSN in nearly a day?

I've had no problems recently.
    Can you sign in via the App or webpage or is it just from your PS4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Nope it's working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Strange, it's on the actual PS4 , getting some error CE-33987-0, "Cannot connect to the PlayStation Network within the time limit. PSN might be temporarily busy........" This is after performing a network test. I'm using netflixs on it, so it's not the broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdnRDdWu0rM

Sony's Paris Games Week presser is on now. I don't expect much tbh

Tekken 7 is coming.....fine I guess.

No Man's Sky in June 2016. Hope it doesn't slip further.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

This has all the makings of a massive letdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Tekken 7 is coming.....fine I guess.

Tekken 7 will possibly end up being a PS4 exclusive like Street Fighter, Sony supposedly wants to make it the home of fighting games.

Edit - Nope just exclusive content.

Horizon is actually looking quite interesting.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »

Definitely. It’s about the newish only thing they’ve shown that’s piqued my interest so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

The Change PSN ID is a big one for me. XBL has that feature and used to charge for it but now it's free.

After that Folders, delete library items and then friend sign alerts.

The Xbox first name change is free then you have to pay after that for subsequent changes. Not that I need it personally but here's hoping Sony will actually roll out the feature this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenji wrote: »

Not to me it isn't. They're touting pretty standard features and giving them new names, the worse offender being the damage numbers that appear... It's not like we haven't had that since the very first final fantasy. Still it remains to be seen how important hunting is to the final game and it's not just a bunch of fetch quests. It's certainly more interesting than the ?Killzone games,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I thought Dreams and Wild demoed best. That conference had some good stuff in it but man did it drag. They had these interview type scenarios along with having to translate what was said. Bloody terrible idea.

Edit: Gravity Rush 2 looked great too, hopefully they nail the controls as it was always a little difficult at times in vita.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gravity Rush 2 would be the one I'm most excited about as well. Looks like a heap of fun.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not to me it isn't. They're touting pretty standard features and giving them new names, the worse offender being the damage numbers that appear... It's not like we haven't had that since the very first final fantasy. Still it remains to be seen how important hunting is to the final game and it's not just a bunch of fetch quests. It's certainly more interesting than the ?Killzone games,

Think that was more down to yer man presenting the video. It was like he was pitching to a different audience.
    Looks interesting but like a lot of open world games, I'm getting tired and bored of fetch quests. Dragon Age Inquisition burned me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

I understand why a lot of people don't like the open sandbox areas in Inquisition (though I have a feeling that a lot of those people never got out of the Hinterlands) but... I have 80 hours logged and I'm only half way through the game! That's how long II took me! Talk about value for money...

I understand why a lot of people don't like the open sandbox areas in Inquisition (though I have a feeling that a lot of those people never got out of the Hinterlands) but... I have 80 hours logged and I'm only half way through the game! That's how long II took me! Talk about value for money...

It's all busy work though. Just a drag to do. Had enough of it by the time I left the Hinterlands and ended up having to do it all again in other areas.

Dragon Age really bored me in the end, not a patch on the original when it came to entertainment value and I have played dozens of western RPGs on PC.

I found the Witcher 3 far more enjoyable and Divinity as well, longer does not always mean better when it ends up getting repetitive.

• Advertisement

My problem with open world games is that they might provide hours upon hours of content but the gameplay and variety of missions just isn't there to justify that length of time. There's a good 6-8 hour game there stretched thin over 80-100 hours. I'd much rather something like Metal Gear revengeneance which in 6-8 hours completely explores it's gameplay systems and doesn't drag it out until it snaps, or else something like Mario Galaxy which in 20 hours or so explores it's simple gameplay in crazy, wild and imaginative scenarios that change from level to level. You just don't get that kind of refined gameplay from an open world game and usually I don't see the long game length as 'value for money' but as the developer totally wasting my time.

The one exception seems to be Metal Gear Solid V which has such a wealth of systems to explore that it can justify it's long play time. Hopefully more developers can learn from it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement