Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

MGSV is probably one of the worst offenders TBH - even with its wealth of systems it is bloated beyond belief and very much relies on mission design lacking in imagination and prone to aggressive repetition. It's a great game in many ways, but I'm convinced it would be significantly better with maybe half or hell even a third of the 'content'.

Part of it does seem to be a weird, confused satire on the excess of modern game design, because Hideo Kojima.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has anyone played the bike expansion for driveclub yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has anyone played the bike expansion for driveclub yet?

I have. It's Driveclub... with bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Retr0gamer wrote: »

The one exception seems to be Metal Gear Solid V which has such a wealth of systems to explore that it can justify it's long play time. Hopefully more developers can learn from it.

MGS 5 is one of the worst examples of this in recent memory.

It takes less than 3 hours to end up just being the same thing over and over, all of which is reached through ****ty clunky menus and multiple repeat loading screens.

A bewilderingly highly rated game. It plays like a somehow-worse version of anything Ubisoft has done for the past 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

What's the name of that UK site that sales games cheap(ish)? I seen it posted a few times but can't remember what it's called :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    What's the name of that UK site that sales games cheap(ish)? I seen it posted a few times but can't remember what it's called :pac:

Simply games?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Avoid Simply Games/Electronics, the owners are parasites, try the Game Collection or Gameseek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Xenji wrote: »
    Avoid Simply Games/Electronics, the owners are parasites, try the Game Collection or Gameseek.

Highly recommend the game collection also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Xenji wrote: »

Games Collection! That's the one cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Edit: woops wrong thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Does anyone remember that PS3 tech demo with the robot girl called Kara? In any case, it's finally being made into an actual game, called Detroit: Become Human. Obviously it's going to be a very pretty game, but I don't know if it'll live up to that standard story-wise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Does anyone remember that PS3 tech demo with the robot girl called Kara? In any case, it's finally being made into an actual game, called Detroit: Become Human. Obviously it's going to be a very pretty game, but I don't know if it'll live up to that standard story-wise.

It's by David Cage so spoiler: it won't :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm trying to download from the store, but everytime I come back to check on it, it has disconnected from the server. Is there a way around this or is it just that the PSN is still a joke?

I'm trying to download from the store, but everytime I come back to check on it, it has disconnected from the server. Is there a way around this or is it just that the PSN is still a joke?

Sounds more like a router issue, does it sign you out of the network as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What are peoples thoughts on Until Dawn? Its on the halloween sale and im kind of tempted. How does it play, is it similar to a telltale game or something different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

What are peoples thoughts on Until Dawn? Its on the halloween sale and im kind of tempted. How does it play, is it similar to a telltale game or something different?

I loved it; it's more like an interactive movie but really got hooked on it! Played through twice and got different endings! I would recommend to pass away a few evenings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It's an interactive version of teen horror movies from the late 90s/early to mid 2000's.

I loved every second and wish more games should do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Until Dawn is great fun. More intense and action oriented than a Telltale game, and the game auto saves after each decision so there's no going back on it when you realise you ****ed up and someone's gonna get their head caved in.

I was screaming at the TV towards the end because I did something wrong and had to watch someones slow demise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Who else here is super excited for Black Ops 3 and the fact that month-early DLC has switched from Xbox to Playstation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

haiyna wrote: »
    Who else here is super excited for Black Ops 3 and the fact that month-early DLC has switched from Xbox to Playstation.

Yes, I can't wait to pay more money for content that's already in the game a month earlier than people on another console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

COD died on its ass after MW2. It's not the hype train it used to be. Besides there is a full COD fourm in the games section for the die hard fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

COD died on its ass after MW2. It's not the hype train it used to be. Besides there is a full COD fourm in the games section for the die hard fans.

I liked the world war 2 one, but the likes of operation flashpoint proved so much better and you needed proper sniper skills, bullets drop.

The day I am excited about a COD game is the day the men in white coats need to arrive.

Now Doom on the otherhand......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I think COD switching to Sony for promotion (adverts and competitions) is big, but the DLC being a month earlier on either isn't really.

I think I've skipped the last 2/3 COD games, might have been MW3 or Black ops 2 which ever was the more recent.

Varik wrote:
    I think COD switching to Sony for promotion (adverts and competitions) is big, but the DLC being a month earlier on either isn't really.

It's more of a symbol that Playstation has finally overtaken Xbox since it was TRADITION that Xbox got things earlier.

The only COD's that I bought were COD 4, MW2 and Black Ops 2 so I dont think I'm necessarily a hardcore fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

If the new one is anything like advanced warfare that will be it for me, gone downhill since black ops 2 which was a fantastic game,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's more of a symbol that Playstation has finally overtaken Xbox since it was TRADITION that Xbox got things earlier.

Sony paid more. That's why.

lertsnim wrote:
    Sony paid more. That's why.

Then why didn't they pay more before?

• Advertisement

cadete wrote:
    If the new one is anything like advanced warfare that will be it for me, gone downhill since black ops 2 which was a fantastic game,

I doubt it will be because Black Ops is made by Treyarch who haven't made a game since Black Ops 2 so hopefully they know what they're doing and by the looks of the beta, people seem to be really enjoying it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement