Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

haiyna wrote: »
    Then why didn't they pay more before?

Because the other company paid more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I doubt it will be because Black Ops is made by Treyarch who haven't made a game since Black Ops 2 so hopefully they know what they're doing and by the looks of the beta, people seem to be really enjoying it.

Not so sure unfortunately, they still have boosting wall running etc, should have dropped all that crap and went back to a simple run and gun, think the franchise has run its course anyway, yearly releases are too much,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

mayordenis wrote:
    Because the other company paid more...

LOL so why don't they keep paying more now?

cadete wrote:
    Not so sure unfortunately, they still have boosting wall running etc, should have dropped all that crap and went back to a simple run and gun, think the franchise has run its course anyway, yearly releases are too much,

I didn't get AW so I can't speak for it but I think with BO3 they're aiming for a fast pace game with no breaks which I think is what COD is all about.

Activision have sided with the better console and where the money and potential is at. It's really as simple as that.

That's what they did with the 360 and now with the PS4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

They don't have an endless pit of money. They will see a value on it. If one company pays beyond that value then why would they pay more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Microsoft have pumped a lot of money into Halo, its understandable they aren't interested in getting into a buying war with Sony for COD dlc and marketing rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Glico Man wrote: »
    Microsoft have pumped a lot of money into Halo, its understandable they aren't interested in getting into a buying war with Sony for COD dlc and marketing rights.

They also recently spent a few million buying the Minecraft IP.
    Last gen COD was more popular on the 360 while Battlefield IP was more popular on PS. DLC for both games was released first on the larger player base or each franchise first.

Now the tables have turned. Even in competitive tournaments COD is still Xbox based to this day, that says alot when they are about 25% more PS4s out there.

Now the tables have turned. Even in competitive tournaments COD is still Xbox based to this day, that says alot when they are about 25% more PS4s out there.

Well Black Ops 3 will be the first game where dlc is earlier on Playstation so of course the competitive tournaments are still xbox based.

Also if someone could provide the link for the COD forum, that would be greatly appreciated because I can't find it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Also if someone could provide the link for the COD forum, that would be greatly appreciated because I can't find it.

CoD

Yeah for some reason that link won't work for me but I found it on my browser. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

They also recently spent a few million buying the Minecraft IP.
    Last gen COD was more popular on the 360 while Battlefield IP was more popular on PS. DLC for both games was released first on the larger player base or each franchise first.

Well Black Ops 3 will be the first game where dlc is earlier on Playstation so of course the competitive tournaments are still xbox based.

Not too mention that Activisions is starting their own competitive league now which is PS4. Not sure where you're getting the 25% there.

Varik wrote: »
    [/B] Not sure where you're getting the 25% there.

Overall sales of generation 8 consoles to date indicates that there are about 25% more PS4s than Xbox Ones sold to date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Overall sales of generation 8 consoles to date indicates that there are about 25% more PS4s than Xbox Ones sold to date.

Source?

Because most have it at ~50% as MS haven't been free with sales mile stones.

Varik wrote: »
    Source?

Because most have it at ~50% as MS haven't been free with sales mile stones.

Guess work from what Sony have said and software sales of the latest games like MGSV when they are broken down by platform. That's assuming there is equal fan base from both sides, then you also have owners of both but mainly use one for multiplats.

I'd be amazed if it's 2:1.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

I'd be amazed if it's 2:1.

That would be 100%. 3:2 ratio for Sony would be 50%. 5:4 ratio is 25%.

marvsins wrote: »
    That would be 100%. 3:2 ratio for Sony would be 50%. 5:4 ratio is 25%.

You know it late in evening when even those thoughts of reasoning start to make sense in ones mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Sorry to go back to until dawn discussion. I decided to try a bit of remote play last night with it and some of the controls dont map at all. I had to press r2 for something and i tried both the right trigger, the back and front touch surfaces and none of them registered as r2. When i pressed the back the little notification came up showing i had pressed it but nothing happened.
    Has anyone come across this yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

you can now purchase avatars on the PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just noticed The Crew is in My Library with a download symbol. When i click our has download, buy and demo option. I clicked download and it looked to be downloading the full game. Anyone know the deal with this? Does it just prompt you to pay for it when you go to play it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I just noticed The Crew is in My Library with a download symbol. When i click our has download, buy and demo option. I clicked download and it looked to be downloading the full game. Anyone know the deal with this? Does it just prompt you to pay for it when you go to play it?

It may be similar to what happened with Destiny: The Taken King a few weeks back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I think that may be a timed demo of the full game. You only get like 30 minutes or so to play it and you must pay full price to play further.
    I remember something like that on the PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,899 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Otacon wrote: »
    It may be similar to what happened with Destiny: The Taken King a few weeks back.

Yeah I remember that and when I saw the post I checked the settings but already had featured content turned off.
    I think that may be a timed demo of the full game. You only get like 30 minutes or so to play it and you must pay full price to play further.
    I remember something like that on the PS3.

The demo was a seperate choice, had gotten the demo earlier that day and it was a couple of gb's where as the one I started downloading last night looked like a full game. Cancelled it as I didn't want any surprise charges but curious what happens if it downloaded fully. Not too be pushed as I didn't even like the demo but a free game would be nice. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Could delete any payment options you have setup and download the game? Cant charge you then

Could be a massive waste of bandwhith and time though,which will most likely be the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Hey guys quick question, If I was to upgrade my hard drive would I lose all my save files. I know Id have to re download my games but are my saved games uploaded or saved on the system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,457 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

astonaidan wrote: »
    Hey guys quick question, If I was to upgrade my hard drive would I lose all my save files. I know Id have to re download my games but are my saved games uploaded or saved on the system

Transfer them onto a USB drive and then transfer them back over from that when the new hard drive is in, simple as that, the only annoying thing is that you have to download or install each game before you can transfer over the save file for that game, so either take the time to install them all back on at once which will take ages, or keep the save files on the USB and bring them over as needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

astonaidan wrote: »
    The saves can be upload to psn+ cloud storage and you won't lose them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

martyos121 wrote: »
    Transfer them onto a USB drive and then transfer them back over from that when the new hard drive is in, simple as that, the only annoying thing is that you have to download or install each game before you can transfer over the save file for that game, so either take the time to install them all back on at once which will take ages, or keep the save files on the USB and bring them over as needed.

Wouldn't it be just easier to get hold of another hard drive and back up the whole thing and restore this to the new HD. Going to be doing this myself soon, sick of constantly juggling games and it's a total pain in the arse as I've nearly a completely digital collection with a slow enough broadband connection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Wouldn't it be just easier to get hold of another hard drive and back up the whole thing and restore this to the new HD. Going to be doing this myself soon, sick of constantly juggling games and it's a total pain in the arse as I've nearly a completely digital collection with a slow enough broadband connection.

Oh God you know my pain, takes ages for me to download anything, get my brother to do everything in his house

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement