Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So i'm buying one this morning, and a very important question needs answering...black or white?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Otacon wrote: »
    If you are installing it in your PS4, you do not need the enclosure.

This is what you need.

Its cheaper with the enclosure and I'm sure probably cheaper again if shopped around.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,816 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kiith wrote: »
    So i'm buying one this morning, and a very important question needs answering...black or white?

ONE OF US....ONE OF US....

I'd say whatever goes with your other home media colouring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

As Michael Jackson would say, it doesn't matter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

White is out of stock, so that makes it an easy decision :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not sure if this is the right place but does anyone know if the Crash Bandicoot games can be played on the PSTV ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Just ftw and get one in each colour! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Couldn't care about suspend features, I just want to be able to turn off the PS4 from the 1st quick menu (hold down the PS button) and the same menu from within a game. Enough room to have Turn Off on the 1st list without going into a Power Options folder. Small thing but annoying me.

I believe you can disable all of the rest mode options in the same screen where you enable the Suspend feature. That should put the Turn Off option back in the main power screen.
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place but does anyone know if the Crash Bandicoot games can be played on the PSTV ?

This post suggests it is compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,816 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Otacon wrote: »
    I believe you can disable all of the rest mode options in the same screen where you enable the Suspend feature. That should put the Turn Off option back in the main power screen.

Yeah saw that but I find Rest Mode handy for downloading updates so don't want to disable it but might do as I power off the PS4 more than I use the Rest Mode :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Anybody who got the planetside2 beta trial, should be able to log in now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Looking to pickup GTA V. HMV & Argos are both sold out. GameStop are charging €74.99 which is ludicrous. Argos are €60. Thinking of popping out to Smyths in Carrickmines tonight to get it: €64.99, although I just checked the PSN store and its €69.99. For the sake of not saving a fiver, is it advisable to get from PSN or is a physical copy preferred as the game is so big?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

In gonna be downloading it as soon as I finish TLOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Looking to pickup GTA V. HMV & Argos are both sold out. GameStop are charging €74.99 which is ludicrous. Argos are €60. Thinking of popping out to Smyths in Carrickmines tonight to get it: €64.99, although I just checked the PSN store and its €69.99. For the sake of not saving a fiver, is it advisable to get from PSN or is a physical copy preferred as the game is so big?

Depends on your internet connection, it's a 40-50gb download. It works out at €50 from the usa store btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

CombatCow wrote: »
    Depends on your internet connection, it's a 40-50gb download. It works out at €50 from the usa store btw.

How does buying from the U.S. store work? Is it messy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

shuffles03 wrote: »
    How does buying from the U.S. store work? Is it messy?

No, Google it. It's against boards rule to outline the process. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Borderlands never downloaded, guessing the 2.5 PS4 firmware prevented it.

11GB for initial download and then the remaining 16 + the 8 from the patch/dlc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

CombatCow wrote: »

€55 at this stage, a few months ago it was €43. The state of the Euro :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

€55 at this stage, a few months ago it was €43. The state of the Euro :mad:

There is 10% off on the US PSN for this weekend by using the code in this link.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/news/news-15836-Get-10--Off-on-US-PSN-This-Weekend-Using-This-Code.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Still a stupid way of turning the console off. Why is suspend above turning off? No friend sign in notification?

They should add s feature to add certain friends to an online notification list. Obviously I don't want to know when everyone is signing in. Just ones I play with on s regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gruvalnyte

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Is The Last of Us any good?

:P

Yes, it's very good. Was released on the PS3 before PS4. When I played on the PS3 for the first time I was completely immersed in the story line and gameplay that walks you through it.

Unusually for me, I played 3 more times just to see more outcomes and benefits. What they achieved on the PS3 for graphics from 5+ years the hardware launch before shows software took way longer to catchup on the hardware possible.

As for the PS4 port, the graphics are slightly better, but it certainly doesn't use the potential of the PS4. If you haven't played on a PS3 and want to play on a PS4 for the first time, it's well worth it. Graphics and gameplay are brilliant.

I still play FarCry on my PS3 along with many others. I find it amazing how the PS3 hardware still delivers. Will be even more amazing to see the PS4 in the future.

I have all the consoles from the 80's -- yes I'm 46 currently and still game on. What I find annoying on Xbox One is the advertisements blaring on the main dashboard. PS4 has none of that, you just select to play a game or go into an app like Netflix or whatever. I want to press the power on the PS4 to play a game, not be blasted with the rest of the world already on my laptop.

-G

• Advertisement

Big improvements to the second beta for Planetside 2

Anyone up for some planetside, be nice to play with people with mics and who understand how to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I'll be buying a game over the weekend and I've narrowed the selection down to The Last of Us, Far Cry 4 and Sniper Elite 3. I've never played these games or their prequels before so I don't have a clue what they're like. I was wondering if any of ye could give me advice on which one I should get? I read one review about Sniper Elite 3 which was pretty harsh but I don't really trust game reviewers.

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Nice one folks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

GerB40 wrote: »
    I'll be buying a game over the weekend and I've narrowed the selection down to The Last of Us, Far Cry 4 and Sniper Elite 3. I've never played these games or their prequels before so I don't have a clue what they're like. I was wondering if any of ye could give me advice on which one I should get? I read one review about Sniper Elite 3 which was pretty harsh but I don't really trust game reviewers.

Everybody is just going to say The Last of Us... They wouldn't be wrong either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Bit the bullet and reserved Bloodborne on Argos. €60 is too good a price for all the hype, and I've been hearing great things. Never went near a Demon/Dark Souls game before so I'll probably need a new controller, TV and 4 new walls by the end of Sunday! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I completed the last of us single player last week on the hardest difficulty after first completing it on normal. It was like two different games. Really loved it. I am trying the multiplayer side of it now and I am not as big a fan. I have never enjoyed the online part as much as the single player in any game though.

Pretty much anyone who played the last of us will recommend you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Deedsie wrote: »
    I completed the last of us single player last week on the hardest difficulty after first completing it on normal. It was like two different games. Really loved it. I am trying the multiplayer side of it now and I am not as big a fan. I have never enjoyed the online part as much as the single player in any game though.

Pretty much anyone who played the last of us will recommend you get it.

I kinda expected TLoU would be recommended. I hoped someone would say something like "sniper elite is far better than people give it credit for" or "I'm 100+ hours into far cry 4 and still not even half way through".

Thanks for the recommendations lads, I seem to be one of a small amount of playstation owners who still hasn't played TLoU so I'll sort that out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

I kinda expected TLoU would be recommended. I hoped someone would say something like "sniper elite is far better than people give it credit for" or "I'm 100+ hours into far cry 4 and still not even half way through".

Thanks for the recommendations lads, I seem to be one of a small amount of playstation owners who still hasn't played TLoU so I'll sort that out today.

My one recommendation would be to go slow, there is always an option of avoiding a gun fight. It takes a while also to wow you... The first 3 chapters are more teaching you the basics. Try to avoid storyline spoilers if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

As for Sniper Elite 3, I still rate SE2 as the better game. I just like the setting in that game more. It's not bad, it's just that it didn't really improve on the second that much. If you see it going cheap with the DLC included than go for it. It's worth a play through, just not at full price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-12168/god-of-war-iii-remastered-ps4/

I assume that'll come down before launch, cos while I'm all for well priced remasters, 65 quid is a joke.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement