Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone ever dealt with error CE-38612-0? I can't seem to play disc games with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anyone ever dealt with error CE-38612-0? I can't seem to play disc games with it.

I saw a few people with that issue after the 2.5 patch, try booting in safe mode and doing a rebuild.

Rebuilt the database but still having the same problem. Guessing it's to do with the Unblock-US DNS codes I'm using because when I changed over to the automatic DNS codes everything worked again.

Wonder why the Unblock-US codes have started causing a problem now? Been using them for ages without any hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Rebuilt the database but still having the same problem. Guessing it's to do with the Unblock-US DNS codes I'm using because when I changed over to the automatic DNS codes everything worked again.

Wonder why the Unblock-US codes have started causing a problem now? Been using them for ages without any hassle.

I'm using them fine here? Maybe try to revert the changes again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

PlayStation Europe ‏@PlayStationEU
    Heads up, Fallout 4 pre-load on PlayStation Store available from mid-day GMT. Get on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

What's up with the PS Store? Haven't been able to use it all weekend. It takes ages to load and when it does, it won't load most pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Penn wrote: »
    What's up with the PS Store? Haven't been able to use it all weekend. It takes ages to load and when it does, it won't load most pages.

PSN is being hammered with all the Blops 3 multiplayer traffic and will be hit again this afternoon with all the Fallout 4 pre loads.

Time for Sony to invest in PSN bandwidth. XBL does not have as much traffic and is better equipped by local MS data centres.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Penn wrote: »

I had no issues last night getting into the store or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Haven't had any issues this weekend with it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Friday night at about 5-7pm was a bit rough for my Son on PSN. It was all the BO3 traffic I think.

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    I'm using them fine here? Maybe try to revert the changes again?

Update 3.11 just downloaded and it seems to be working again. Guessing there was some complications with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Update 3.11 just downloaded and it seems to be working again. Guessing there was some complications with that.

Was just gonna ask that next did the update fix it for you... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Currently downloading 3.11........@6.5Kb/s. Thats a new low for me,glad i have 240mb/s UPC

EDIT: 11 was the magic number,amount of restarts it took for it to get up to 2mb/s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

EoinHef wrote: »
    Currently downloading 3.11........@6.5Kb/s. Thats a new low for me,glad i have 240mb/s UPC

EDIT: 11 was the magic number,amount of restarts it took for it to get up to 2mb/s.
    I've the sane upc 240mb and it was downloading ridiculously slow for my son today. In fact the Internet is slow all the time on wifi at least for both mine and my sons ps4's YouTube doesn't even work properly. Everything else in the house is fine.

EoinHef wrote: »

UPC is honestly the worst, the majority of people with PSN speed issues, are UPC users.

My crappy 24mb Vodafone line outperforms my sisters UPC line 9 times out of 10 when it comes to digital games or patches.

Xenji wrote: »
    UPC is honestly the worst, the majority of people with PSN speed issues, are UPC users.

My crappy 24mb Vodafone line outperforms my sisters UPC line 9 times out of 10 when it comes to digital games or patches.
    everything else I own works perfect and very fast it's only the plsystions for some reason.

It might seem it's the majority of plsystion users with problems on upc because the majority of users are on upc.

Got signed out of PSN and now it's asking me to update my password. Got sent an email and went to the link and the address bar looked like this...

http://i.imgur.com/f8PfVSp.jpg

Anyone know if that's legit? Never had to change password before so I don't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

It can and has downloaded at decent sppeds in the past,im sure it will again in the future.

Just every now and PSN seems to just go to crap. Its been my biggest issue with PS4 since i got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Got signed out of PSN and now it's asking me to update my password. Got sent an email and went to the link and the address bar looked like this...

Anyone know if that's legit? Never had to change password before so I don't know.

Try signing into the online store and then go to your account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Does anyone know how Game pre-orders work in store? I want the Uncharted 4 Libertalia edition but they won't deliver it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone know how Game pre-orders work in store? I want the Uncharted 4 Libertalia edition but they won't deliver it.

Try shipping to Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There are a load of Avatars for PS4 on the store now. The US store has a bigger selection than the Irish store
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/11/09/ps4-avatars-now-available-playstation-store-include-uncharted-4-god-war/

iamtony wrote: »
    It might seem it's the majority of plsystion users with problems on upc because the majority of users are on upc.

Lol UPC/Virgin is barely available in Mayo, that's why I still have my ****ty 24mb line, Mayo is so bad that it does not even offer fibre in the majority of its county town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Anyone have any issues with Turtlebeach Headsets after downloading the patch? Mine's gone beserk. Volume in party chat is crazy loud. Anytime soemone talks to me it's like a cannon going off in my head. May be unrelated and the TBs may just be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Otacon wrote: »
    Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 500Ps go on sale regularly enough. I picked them up myself almost half price a few months ago.

turtlebeachearforce500p-578-80-550x309.jpg

Hey mate have you had any problems with your 500P? Mine have broken twice on the headband in less than a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Not strictly PS4 related but does anyone on UPC have issues with streaming things on twitch? I've super-fast broadband with them for everything else yet streaming a game to my iPad or PC freezes and stutters every few seconds. Yet I've friends watching the same stream in the UK and US having no issues.

I'm thinking UPC throttle the feed...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I've just got 2 mails from pan asking to reset password aswell! Something funny going on? I'm on mobile so not clicked links anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So I installed a 1tb harddrive, the problem is its only showing 638 in system storage manager, any idea why this is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

heroics wrote: »
    Hey mate have you had any problems with your 500P? Mine have broken twice on the headband in less than a year.

No issues for me. I also have quite a sizable head too so if they were going to break, they would have!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement