Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Anyone's wifi dropping out since the software update?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 chunkydave

Yep, took about 20 minutes to get online last night and when I was online it kept dropping out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

mine has been spot on, was online for a few hours last night wuth no issues at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

No wifi issues for me last night. Granted I was only on for an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

would 500mb homeplugs help to lower my ping on ps4? usually getting 30-50 ping on black ops 3 when people are getting 15-30 ping. im wireless upstairs with the router in the sitting room. its a ****ty ubee thing from upc. speeds are ok just the ping could be lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

No Wi-Fi issues here, just downloaded the new update and the Fallout patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

cadete wrote: »
    I've just got 2 mails from pan asking to reset password aswell! Something funny going on? I'm on mobile so not clicked links anyway

I changed my password and it sorted out all my problems with the Unblock-US DNS codes and everything. But it told me through the PS4 that they had sent an email so unless you got it that it way too, I'd ignore any unsolicited email.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

MarkY91 wrote: »
    would 500mb homeplugs help to lower my ping on ps4? usually getting 30-50 ping on black ops 3 when people are getting 15-30 ping. im wireless upstairs with the router in the sitting room. its a ****ty ubee thing from upc. speeds are ok just the ping could be lower.

Definitely helped me. I find Wi-Fi is just absolute pish for multiplayer and downloading, home plugs made things way better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Definitely helped me. I find Wi-Fi is just absolute pish for multiplayer and downloading, home plugs made things way better.

Agreed. Very stable for me and low latency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was looking for an old post of mine and the search brought up some posts I made here when the PS4 launched. Have to say total waste of money on my part. Barely played it, bought a few games and barely played them either. PS4 simply isn't pulling attention away from my PC.

Really want to try force the issue, probably over Xmas with some time off and people wanting to get me some presents.

Uncharted Collection
    GTA 5
    Last of Us Remastered
    Alien Isolation

Thinking along the lines of those four. Single player games with good length and seem to be well regarded. I have GTA 5 for PS3 that I played a bit and was loving it. Think I'd really like to give it a go on the PS4 with the upgrades. Same with Last of Us. Have them both on PS3, barely played them, might be worth going fresh on with PS4.

Uncharted collection seems to be heralded, heard of the games before but never bothered playing them.

CoD was what initially gripped me into consoles away from PC. The latest blops seems to be well regarded so have been on the fence as that might be something that can pull me in. Although cant get my head around the futuristic look it has now

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Was looking for an old post of mine and the search brought up some posts I made here when the PS4 launched. Have to say total waste of money on my part. Barely played it, bought a few games and barely played them either. PS4 simply isn't pulling attention away from my PC.

Really want to try force the issue, probably over Xmas with some time off and people wanting to get me some presents.

Uncharted Collection
    GTA 5
    Last of Us Remastered
    Alien Isolation

Thinking along the lines of those four. Single player games with good length and seem to be well regarded. I have GTA 5 for PS3 that I played a bit and was loving it. Think I'd really like to give it a go on the PS4 with the upgrades. Same with Last of Us. Have them both on PS3, barely played them, might be worth going fresh on with PS4.

Uncharted collection seems to be heralded, heard of the games before but never bothered playing them.

CoD was what initially gripped me into consoles away from PC. The latest blops seems to be well regarded so have been on the fence as that might be something that can pull me in. Although cant get my head around the futuristic look it has now

Alien Isolation I found to be really boring, personally I would avoid it, if you are into RPGs, you cannot go wrong The Witcher 3 or Bloodborne.

Also Fallout 4 came out this week, it is a fantastic game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Xenji wrote: »
    Also Fallout 4 came out this week, it is a fantastic game so far.

Yeah only started playing 3 there for PC recently. Had it for years just never played it.

That could be a good shout actually, although read there are some optimisation issues for PS4, where as PC is a bit flawless.

Yeah only started playing 3 there for PC recently. Had it for years just never played it.

That could be a good shout actually, although read there are some optimisation issues for PS4, where as PC is a bit flawless.

The optimization is not that bad, but if you have a PC that can run it, I would go that route, you would have all the modding options also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Uncharted Collection
    GTA 5
    Last of Us Remastered
    Alien Isolation

I'm currently playing inFamous Second Son and really enjoying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

That's not what I've been reading. Mouse lag seems to be ruining the game for a lot of people.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Thanks man. Will invest in some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Got 7th in the world on a time trial in driveclub today, which is funny because I hate the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

airmax87 wrote: »
    Got 7th in the world on a time trial in driveclub today, which is funny because I hate the game.

Impressive!

Why are you playing it if you hate it?

Got home plugs today and now I have an iPhone fragmentation message. Had it before when wireless

Ping on BO3 is around the same but I feel like I'm having fair gunfights now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Hey.
    I'm thinking of getting a PS4 for Christmas but I'd really only be able to play it during holidays [Christmas / Easter / Summer] due to school, do you think it's worth my while getting one? :)

Liordi wrote: »
    Hey.
    I'm thinking of getting a PS4 for Christmas but I'd really only be able to play it during holidays [Christmas / Easter / Summer] due to school, do you think it's worth my while getting one? :)

What type of games are you interested in?

What type of games are you interested in?

Probably just be getting Until Dawn & BO3.
    [Would be getting the AC: Syndicate, Watchdogs and Uncharted: NDC bundle in Argos but probably selling due to lack of interest]

Probably just be getting Until Dawn & BO3.
    [Would be getting the AC: Syndicate, Watchdogs and Uncharted: NDC bundle in Argos but probably selling due to lack of interest]

You also have games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Bloodborne, it is a good time to pick up the console now, it is on the right track to offer plenty of variety.

You also have games like The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Bloodborne, it is a good time to pick up the console now, it is on the right track to offer plenty of variety.

Yeah.
    So, you think it's worth getting? :)

Yeah.
    So, you think it's worth getting? :)

Indeed, have mine since launch and have 17 physical games and plenty of other digital games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Man I'm REALLY enjoying Skulls of the Shogun.

It's a really well made, casual, turn based strategy game.

Ticks all the boxes for anyone into X-Com, Jagged Alliance etc

Plus I love the humour :)

Worth putting an hour into to see if if's your type of thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

As someone new to PlayStation, I'm wondering about psplus.

Do people think it's worth paying for if you don't plan on playing online multiplayer?

It's looks like there're some good deals on ps-store discounts and free games I think as well, is that correct? I don't have much interest in online multiplayer so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

As someone new to PlayStation, I'm wondering about psplus.

Do people think it's worth paying for if you don't plan on playing online multiplayer?

It's looks like there're some good deals on ps-store discounts and free games I think as well, is that correct? I don't have much interest in online multiplayer so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I think so... Its a small amount really. The games that you get monthly aren't usually my cup of tea but there definitely are a few gems from time to time. And the discounts alone make up the cost over the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I buy my PS4 on Saturday, play it for a few hours and then have it freeze midway through a game of Destiny.

What the **** does this mean?

368812.JPG

368813.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement