Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Xenji wrote: »
    I traded my launch model for the MGS custom model and the fan is now whisper quiet compared to the launch model, you would not even know the PS4 was on.

Excellent that was one of my major gripes with the ps4.

My son wants one from santa so I reap the rewards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Who shops in gamestop? Someone likes overpaying

I don't anyways, although the last thing I did buy in there was The Evil Within Limited Edition for €20 which was pretty sweet... I'm just saying they are available in gamestop... Don't think they would be much cheaper than €20 anywhere else either..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Turned on my PS4 there and Rainbow Six Siege started downloading?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Anyone know how much extra you would have to pay to trade older PS4 model in for the 1TB version, where would be the best place to go about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Anyone know how much extra you would have to pay to trade older PS4 model in for the 1TB version, where would be the best place to go about it?

You could just swap out the hdd for a larger one.
    CeX will give you around €214 cash if you live near one. GameStop will probably offer you something pathetic. Or you could put it up on Adverts if you have a couple of months to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Seen a YouTube clip guy complaint about the 1tb ps4 being the old model with bigger drive

Surely a new hdd would be better value for you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Turned on my PS4 there and Rainbow Six Siege started downloading?

There is a free open beta this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

There is a free open beta this weekend.

Yeah I got an email about it, but it downloaded by itself when I turned on my ps? Never had that happen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah I got an email about it, but it downloaded by itself when I turned on my ps? Never had that happen before.

Let me know what it's like. I am interested in buying it if good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Seen a YouTube clip guy complaint about the 1tb ps4 being the old model with bigger drive

Surely a new hdd would be better value for you

Yep. The 1tb model is the old model at least when it launched.

I think all the the 512gb ones are now the new model with the physical power buttons, quieter fan, and matt finish. The new ones actually run hotter as a result of the fan running quieter. Shouldn't be a concern though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I got a white 500gb edition last year for Christmas and I must say it's always been very silent, the fan never ever gets loud like it would on the older PS3s. Like someone said above, you'd never know it was even on except for the side-light. It stays cool too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

I'm hoping to pick up a new 1TB PS4 in the next few days via a contact who works for Argos. How can I check if the unit he picks up for me is the new or old model? Is there a serial number that differentiates between old and new? Thanks.

madds wrote: »
    I'm hoping to pick up a new 1TB PS4 in the next few days via a contact who works for Argos. How can I check if the unit he picks up for me is the new or old model? Is there a serial number that differentiates between old and new? Thanks.

It will be the old model if its 1TB, if you want the new CUH-1200 model you are better off buying a 2TB HDD and taking out the existing 500GB HDD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

madds wrote: »

The 1TB are usually the older models Sony is trying to get rid of so bundling with the 1TB

Old 1TB model number :

7tPzyI0.jpg

Newer 500GB models :

hMEjqRP.jpg

Just buy a 500GB and a 2TB drive and do a swapsy... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Thanks for the replies lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I picked up the 1TB PS4 bundle from Argos (Uncharted Collection, Watch_Dogs and AC Syndicate), and it was CU1216B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Thinking of picking up MGS V in sale but would it be a waste if haven't played any of series since MGS 1

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Thinking of picking up MGS V in sale but would it be a waste if haven't played any of series since MGS 1

Probably not, it bares almost no resemblance to any of the old MGS games imo, and the story which is almost non-existent is incomprehensible anyway, from someone who has played all the games since PS1.

It's a fun game if you can get over the lack of narrative, annoying structure of how to start missions and move around the map, and how very repetitive all the missions are.
    Still trudging through it myself, but it's a chore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I think this Metal Gear is the first in the series since MGS 1 that you can actually dive into it without being familiar with the previous Metal Gear's storylines. I actually think it works in its favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

Psn down for anyone else

• Advertisement

Its down again

hangar18_ wrote: »
    Psn down for anyone else

Working fine for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Working fine for me.

Big spike in reported problems in the PSN Down tracker. 36 reports 10 minutes ago 552 now.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Big spike in reported problems in the PSN Down tracker. 36 reports 10 minutes ago 552 now.

I have been signed in since this morning, must just be people signing in now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yup,

Down here alright....

Black Friday, maybe Sony could have had a bit of foresight to buy a bit extra bandwidth for the day that's in it, scabby cnuts...

I look forward to playing Fallout 4 on Xmas day and beyond :(

Was signed on since morning and got kicked off, getting fed up of this now if its not back up soon dont think i will renew my PS plus next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Down for me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

quick question.

In selling games to CEX is there any difference in price in selling them open or unopened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

quick question.

In selling games to CEX is there any difference in price in selling them open or unopened?

It makes no difference to the price if it's opened or not.

• Advertisement

quick question.

No, well not in the one in Galway anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement