Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

back up for me now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

So in theory a person could copy a disk and then sell the original!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

quick question.

In selling games to CEX is there any difference in price in selling them open or unopened?

I went there before with sealed games and they made me open them before they would trade them in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Liordi wrote: »
    I went there before with sealed games and they made me open them before they would trade them in.

I suppose they need to be sure you've not put in blanks and sealed the pack up again:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

So in theory a person could copy a disk and then sell the original!

Is that even possible?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

lertsnim wrote: »
    Is that even possible?

Nope, not on PS4 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Nope, not on PS4 anyway.

Thought as much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Anyone having problems purchasing from PSN?

I've been trying to buy NFS since yesterday on the store using my CC and with Paypal but I get an error saying its encountered an error with the basket.

I know they have been having PSN issues yesterday/today but I seen someone else here buy NFS around the same time I tried so just wondering if its only me.

Seems weird both my CC and Paypal are not being accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I've been trying to buy NFS since yesterday on the store using my CC and with Paypal but I get an error saying its encountered an error with the basket.

I know they have been having PSN issues yesterday/today but I seen someone else here buy NFS around the same time I tried so just wondering if its only me.

Are you using the website? Myself and others had that issue too this week. Works fine buying from the console store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Happened to me recently. With a mastercard credit card(irish)/Visa(UK)/Paypal(Irish and UK accounts) it wasn't letting me top up my account or purchase anything. Kept on saying there was a problem with my basket. Occasionally I could get as far as getting asked for my 3 digit security code but would still fail on me. If you google it there are loads of others out there facing the same problem. Clearly Sony's issue. I ended up buying credit off of ebay and loaded up my account like that. Just make sure you get the right region. Spanish credit wont work on your irish account.

• Advertisement

CombatCow wrote: »
    Are you using the website? Myself and others had that issue too this week. Works fine buying from the console store.

Yeah I have been trying from the site.

Console is boxed up due to exams but if it works from there I suppose it could be an excuse to un-box it again :p

Happened to me recently. With a mastercard credit card(irish)/Visa(UK)/Paypal(Irish and UK accounts) it wasn't letting me top up my account or purchase anything. Kept on saying there was a problem with my basket. Occasionally I could get as far as getting asked for my 3 digit security code but would still fail on me. If you google it there are loads of others out there facing the same problem. Clearly Sony's issue. I ended up buying credit off of ebay and loaded up my account like that. Just make sure you get the right region. Spanish credit wont work on your irish account.

They have been working fine up until I tried yesterday. I purchased the GOT Episode that was free and worked fine. When I go to the account management page their certificates are showing as out of date so it could be from there end. I will try what CombatCow suggested and see if it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

not working for me either from web store. works fine on ps4 but for some reason not all games are available on the ps4 store that I want - infuriating! It's all Vita games that are missing for me on the ps4 store for black Friday deals advertised on the web store. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

00sully wrote: »
    not working for me either from web store. works fine on ps4 but for some reason not all games are available on the ps4 store that I want - infuriating! It's all Vita games that are missing for me on the ps4 store for black Friday deals advertised on the web store. :(

PSN is down again at the moment. It might just be that.

Those Lizard Squad nerds are flexing their muscles **** wrists again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

PSN is down again at the moment. It might just be that.

aye it is now but wasn't earlier - on confirmation to pay was consistently giving me an error earlier but I could add games to my basket. now it's completely down! assuming they are trying to fix this mess :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

00sully wrote: »
    aye it is now but wasn't earlier - on confirmation to pay was consistently giving me an error earlier but I could add games to my basket. now it's completely down! assuming they are trying to fix this mess :pac:

They might have stopped taking payments yesterday until they sort the mess out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They might have stopped taking payments yesterday until they sort the mess out?

The system just got overloaded and crashed in the Black Friday sales. It's treated the same as a D Dos attack.

Sony just have to start investing in servers, there are 30+ million active PS4s out there and a high percentage of them are online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Whats the difference between the 500gb and 1tb console other than the storage space?.Tempted to pick up a console either this weekend or see what cyber Monday brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Whats the difference between the 500gb and 1tb console other than the storage space?.Tempted to pick up a console either this weekend or see what cyber Monday brings.

On the 500gb console the CUH-1200 the glossy cover is gone, it is quieter, lighter and uses less power, also the touch buttons are gone and have been replaced by mechanical buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

considering buying Elder scrolls online, anyone else gotten it as it's on sale now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Varik wrote: »
    considering buying Elder scrolls online, anyone else gotten it as it's on sale now.

Disk based game in Argos is €24...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

My MGS V limited edition console is kinda busted, what do I do to get it replaced? I still have the receipt and all, its 3 months old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Bring it back to where you bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My MGS V limited edition console is kinda busted, what do I do to get it replaced? I still have the receipt and all, its 3 months old.

I bought a Halo Reach Xbox 360 and it messed up on me... Had to ring Microsoft (as it was a limited edition console) to get it replaced... Went to GAME to look for refund but they wouldn't give me one without contacting Microsoft... If you where looking to get it replaced Sony would probably have to sort you out as they may be the only ones with the limited edition consoles left over...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Lately I've been having an issues with my PS4. Its just over a year old.
    If I turn the console off, and back on again, it brings me to safe mode. I have to reset the console a good few times before it starts working again, and the odd time it wont boot up fully at all.
    Anyone know what the story is with that? I've tried all the options in safe mode already.
    Varik wrote: »

I've had it since release, but I only started to play it recently. Well worth the price. Find myself sinking hours at a time into it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mister Man wrote: »
    Lately I've been having an issues with my PS4. Its just over a year old.
    If I turn the console off, and back on again, it brings me to safe mode. I have to reset the console a good few times before it starts working again, and the odd time it wont boot up fully at all.
    Anyone know what the story is with that? I've tried all the options in safe mode already.

No idea what is happening for you but it certainly isn't normal.

Get it replaced ASAP. Do you still have your receipt?

No receipt unfortunately. I considered bringing it back to GS, but I imagine they'll have little to no interest in helping without the receipt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

No receipt unfortunately. I considered bringing it back to GS, but I imagine they'll have little to no interest in helping without the receipt

Did you buy it with cash or credit/debit card?
    If with a card, you should have proof of purchase.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you buy it with cash or credit/debit card?
    If with a card, you should have proof of purchase.

I never even thought of that!
    Just had a quick look at my bank statement and seen GameStop with a cost of +€300.
    Suppose I'll have to drop in tomorrow and see what the story is. I'll update afterwards.
    Thanks for the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,087 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I never even thought of that!
    Just had a quick look at my bank statement and seen GameStop with a cost of +€300.
    Suppose I'll have to drop in tomorrow and see what the story is. I'll update afterwards.
    Thanks for the help!

When you say turn it off, how are you doing that ?

Are you powering down completely through the UI. Or are you knocking the power off at the wall, or ever knocking the power off at the wall before it gets to completely power down.

Either of the 2 above will put you into safe mode 100%

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement