Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Anyone looking for uncharted game brand new sealed looking for a swap for bloodbourne or maybe the order and last of us

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Anyone looking for uncharted game brand new sealed looking for a swap for bloodbourne or maybe the order and last of us

Better chance on this thread? Swap Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Deedsie wrote: »
    Does the CUH 1216B come with both the 500gb and 1tb PS4 Uncharted Collection bundles? €399 in Argos is the best deal I can find for the 1TB uncharted bundle

The CUH-1216A is the 500gb new model and the CUH-1216B is the 1TB new model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well have to say. My PS4 finally has a new lease of life. Picked up GTA5 in the Argos weekend sale. Played it a bit on PS3, but just absolutely grossed into it on PS4. Looks gorgous. Really enjoying it.

Couple that with MGS and Uncharted collection coming over Xmas, my PS4 playtime might finally be arriving (it's gathered dust since launch)

Bound will be the next game released by Santa Monica Studio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Is Black Ops 3 single player playable without any patches?
    I didn't have a PS4 last year but I remember hearing about the network being hacked and no-one able to download patches or anything.
    I'm getting Black Ops 3 for christmas but was going to leave it in its wrapping till xmas day.
    I was wondering if the network went down like last year would I be ok to play the single player campaign without the patch doing an offline install?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Anyone else getting crazy (good) speeds from the ps4 connection test lately?, I'm getting 95Mb down and 23Mb up, used to be 35Mb down and 4Mb up, I'm on 200Mb upc/virgin media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/12/02/the-12-deals-of-christmas-2-2/

12 Days of Christmas sale on Mad Max, anyone played it? It any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/12/02/the-12-deals-of-christmas-2-2/

12 Days of Christmas sale on Mad Max, anyone played it? It any good?

Have it myself. Pretty good game. I'd say it's worth the price tag myself. Seems like a decent amount of game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭rob808

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Is Black Ops 3 single player playable without any patches?
    I didn't have a PS4 last year but I remember hearing about the network being hacked and no-one able to download patches or anything.
    I'm getting Black Ops 3 for christmas but was going to leave it in its wrapping till xmas day.
    I was wondering if the network went down like last year would I be ok to play the single player campaign without the patch doing an offline install?
    Hi yea you can play story offline in black ops 3.

• Advertisement

Mister Man wrote: »
    Have it myself. Pretty good game. I'd say it's worth the price tag myself. Seems like a decent amount of game time.

Thanks for info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Im trying to log into my new PS4 but its not allowing me and saying the problem is with the DNS settings.

I had changed them on my router for Amazon Prime but my old PS3 was able to login without issue.

Anyone any ideas please???

TIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

CombatCow wrote: »
    Anyone else getting crazy (good) speeds from the ps4 connection test lately?, I'm getting 95Mb down and 23Mb up, used to be 35Mb down and 4Mb up, I'm on 200Mb upc/virgin media.

Totally depends on your internal network and no two are really going to be the same.

Unless there was some tweak made to the console via a patch or system update, its likely your network just got better.

Upload speeds were increased by UPC before the changeover, I'm on the top BB pack and get uploads of around 20-25mbps and my download when tested is the full 240mbps.

My PS4 is based upstairs though, so I run a cable through powerline adapters and a switch, so the speed definitly dies of a fair bit, but that smy internal network.

Plans to run some ethernet out and back into the gaming room upstairs, so I can ramp the speeds up bigtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Sure, im just surprised at how im getting x3 the speed increase compared to last week( and that was the same for the last year or two ), a friend also tested his and hes's getting 60-70 when he was getting 30odd before. Wishful thinking that Sony added a new/more dublin/london/europe data center :P

It looks like Sony may officially detail its PS2 emulation for the PS4 tomorrow at the PlayStation Experience, videos have already leaked of Dark Cloud running on it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xenji wrote: »
    It looks like Sony may officially detail its PS2 emulation for the PS4 tomorrow at the PlayStation Experience, videos have already leaked of Dark Cloud running on it today.

Some supposed leaked images show that it won't be compatible with PS2 disc or psn PS2 classics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Varik wrote: »
    Some supposed leaked images show that it won't be compatible with PS2 disc or psn PS2 classics.

Basically no point of it really. Either do it like MS have or don't bother imo.

If anything MS have learned from their mistakes and Sony could do well to follow rather than the PS Now service which is a rip off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenji wrote: »

It's kind of sickening that they won't allow disc games on the emulator but it's even worse that PS2 classics you bought on PS3 won't carry over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's kind of sickening that they won't allow disc games on the emulator but it's even worse that PS2 classics you bought on PS3 won't carry over.

Agreed, really ticks me off that games bought on my account are not going to carry over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Marketing folk have a lot to answer for....
    Think I will just keep my old PS3 for the oldies, not keen on rebuying them again and again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/12/04/glorious-ps2-games-launching-on-ps4-tomorrow-dark-cloud-rogue-galaxy-and-more/
    Computer Entertainment just announced by way of Worldwide Studios President Shuhei Yoshida, that several fan favorite PS2 games will launch on the PlayStation Network tomorrow for PS4.

The games will have their resolution upped to 1080p and will support all the PS4 features like trophies, remote play, live broadcasting, share play and more.

Here’s the list with prices.

Dark Cloud — $14.99
    Grand Theft Auto III — $14.99
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City — $14.99
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas — $14.99
    Rogue Galaxy — $14.99
    The Mark of Kri — $14.99
    Twisted Metal: Black — $9.99
    War of the Monsters — $9.99
    On top of those, PaRappa the Rapper 2 and The King of Fighters 2000 will be coming soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Vid

Not sure if this is the list for Europe too, Sony is odd in what games make it to various PSN's.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/12/04/the-12-deals-of-christmas-3-2/

Deal 3 of 12 Days of Christmas, Nathan Drake Collection €29.99

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Retr0gamer wrote: »

And THEM prices O_O
    I bought KOTOR & Psychonauts last week on steam for €4 ok the former was a Xbox game but still same age. I might buy some on sale eventually if like Silent Hill 2 & Resident Evil 4 get released

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭TheZPPanda

I can understand not allowing PS2 discs to work but the fact I've bought the 3 GTA games as "PS2 Classics" for the PS3 and they aren't giving them to me for free on PS4 does not sit well with me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/12/04/the-12-deals-of-christmas-3-2/

Deal 3 of 12 Days of Christmas, Nathan Drake Collection €29.99

I'll have that one thanks for the heads up:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Ill never understand the appeal of playing previous console games :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

astonaidan wrote: »
    Ill never understand the appeal of playing previous console games :confused:

Why not? A lot of the best games ever are on previous consoles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Why not? A lot of the best games ever are on previous consoles.
    Not for me, if I want to play Skyrim, Ill just stick on the PS3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm delighted with Rogue Galaxy. Would hoesntly pay a full price €60 to play it again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement