Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

astonaidan wrote: »
    Ill never understand the appeal of playing previous console games :confused:

Nostalgia, enjoyment, not everyone keeps their old consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

A lot of the time the releases on a newer generation are remastered with better audio and video.

Most of the time though I will happily shell out for the likes of ratchet and clank collection. 99% of the best games are on previous generation consoles and a lot of people do not keep their old consoles once they get the latest.

I have the nathan drake collection and it's worth it for 30 quid. You probably wouldn't even find the first 3 games for 30 quid on ps3 now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

That's kinda like saying I'd never watch films made in a previous generation.
    But personally the only one of these games I ever played was the vita version as I kinda skipped the last 2 generations of console so I'll loads of catching up to do:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

RedXIV wrote: »
    Agreed, really ticks me off that games bought on my account are not going to carry over.

I find the whole thing sickening to be honest and it's been with me since the move from Ps1 to Ps2. The fact that games consoles these days can't be backward compatible is a joke. Their customers spend millions on games and then Sony don't in any way try to allow them carry these purchases across generations of their own hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,150 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Anyone else have an issue with their PS4's WiFi? My WiFi speed on the PS4 has gone to sh*t and is only about 5% of what I can get when I plug it directly into the modem.

Only a recent enough occurrence too, as it used to be pretty strong through WiFi, and none of my other devices have the same issue.

• Advertisement

Am I just really stupid or is the PS2 games not on PSN? By "tomorrow" do they mean today or tomorrow? (Not sure when the announcement was made)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Probably after 6pm, thats when the PSN usually updates, and its also the start time of the Playstation Experience keynote presentation tonight, so expect after discussing it for a "...and they are available to buy....right after this presentation!" style remark.

If they put up a remastered Shadow of the Colossus, I will absolutely pay all the moneys for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Kinda wana buy dark cloud.... kinda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

If they put up a remastered Shadow of the Colossus, I will absolutely pay all the moneys for it.

They did for PS3 with Ico???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,691 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It already exists though?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Playstation Experience keynote starting now.

http://www.twitch.tv/playstation

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

But that's like avoiding older movies or older albums.
    You don't disregard Dirty Harry or Led Zepplin: Physical Graffiti just because they weren't released in the last ten years.

There are so many great games, throughout the history of the hobby, you impose the worst self limits by disregarding them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    But that's like avoiding older movies or older albums.
    You don't disregard Dirty Harry or Led Zepplin: Physical Graffiti just because they weren't released in the last ten years.

There are so many great games, throughout the history of the hobby, you impose the worst self limits by disregarding them.

Games can age far worse than films.

Some earlier PS1 3d games make my eyes hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nice to see couch co-op with Battleborn.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/12/02/the-12-deals-of-christmas-2-2/

12 Days of Christmas sale on Mad Max, anyone played it? It any good?
    I bought this on my phone but I was signed into my sons account on my phone app and the little **** is never off his playstation so to play on my ps4 using his account I'll have to wait till he's in bed or something. Damn it anyway:-(

iamtony wrote: »
    I bought this on my phone but I was signed into my sons account on my phone app and the little **** is never off his playstation so to play on my ps4 using his account I'll have to wait till he's in bed or something. Damn it anyway:-(

Have him (or you) set your PS4 as primary console on his account.

Varik wrote: »
    Have him (or you) set your PS4 as primary console on his account.
    How often can you change that? I might do it providing I can change back when I need to.

How often can you change that? I might do it providing I can change back when I need to.

You just have to log onto the PS4 with his account and hit either activate or deactivate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So don't play the ones that look terrible.
    Einhander and Rtype Delta on the PS1 are amazing.
    To be honest there's some fairly lazy tripe out there on current gen consoles as well.
    But there are plenty of older games that are as good now as they ever were, from Galaga to Sonic, from In the Hunt to GTA: Vice City.

• Advertisement

You just have to log onto the PS4 with his account and hit either activate or deactivate.

Thanks, yeah I know how to do it but is their not a restriction on how many times per year you can do that or something to that nature?

Thanks, yeah I know how to do it but is their not a restriction on how many times per year you can do that or something to that nature?

Not when you do it on the PS4 itself, if you can't get onto the PS4 (you sold it, it was broken or stolen) then it's once per 6 months as if that PS4 was to be kept offline then the games would still be usable even after you deactivated them.

Some can of course but lots of them still look great and that can apply to the movie or music analogy also.

As an example, the special effects in older films now can be terrible now but you can still enjoy the film for what it is.

Not when you do it on the PS4 itself, if you can't get onto the PS4 (you sold it, it was broken or stolen) then it's once per 6 months as if that PS4 was to be kept offline then the games would still be usable even after you deactivated them.

Great stuff thanks! I knew their was some restriction I was thinking of.

It already exists though?

For the PS4 though. If they released it on there as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Just create a new user with his login details, go through all the steps and then activate as primary when asked, go to library in his account and download the game, once download starts log out of his account and back into yours, then you can play the game through your account and never need to use his again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Uncharted Collection is deal #3

What's the deal with the PS2 compatibility, is it to be hamstrung as little more than virtual console or are they going to open it to PS2 physical media?
    I've about 200+ PS2 games I'd love to see running in the PS4!
    Nice if it was region free as well, I could play Sega Rally Championship 1995 on my PS4, awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

What's the deal with the PS2 compatibility, is it to be hamstrung as little more than virtual console or are they going to open it to PS2 physical media?
    Nice if it was region free as well, I could play Sega Rally Championship 1995 on my PS4, awesome!

If it was region free I'd be over the moon. I keep meaning to mod my ps2 so I can play sega rally on it but years have passed now and I still haven't done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Haven't been keeping up with today's keynote but prior to that, it's always been more about something akin to virtual console on wii. Not playing older disks. Which, as you say, is a massive shame to those of us with significant collections of older games

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement