Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If it was region free I'd be over the moon. I keep meaning to mod my ps2 so I can play sega rally on it but years have passed now and I still haven't done it.

I own a TEST PS2 which means it's region free out of the box but the upscaling goodness of the PS4 would be fantastic, for the while my 60gb PS3 did a great job, until it snuffed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Last Blade 2 coming to PS4!

(you could've just been playing it on fightcade anyways)

It'd be gas if there was no netplay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Great free tearaway dynamic theme

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What's the deal with the PS2 compatibility, is it to be hamstrung as little more than virtual console or are they going to open it to PS2 physical media?
    I've about 200+ PS2 games I'd love to see running in the PS4!
    Nice if it was region free as well, I could play Sega Rally Championship 1995 on my PS4, awesome!

Nothing mentioned today in the keynote after Dark Cloud leaked yesterday.

A quick stolen recap of the keynote presentation.
    Gaming's changed.
    Nate's given up his life as a mass-murderer. Good choice. Also, UC is totally an RPG now.
    Crash spotted on a shirt. IT'S OVER!
    Final Fantasy 7 Remake gameplay. O______________O! Console debut.
    FF7 Port released today. Please buy it.
    CoD DLC. People really wanted this. Also, competitive partnership league between Sony and Activision.
    Battlefront montage for some reason.
    Over-- Battleborn is crazy and exciting!! Open Beta on PS4 early 2016.
    PLAYSTATION PLAYSTATION PLAYSTATION
    F.A.N.G makes an appearance in SFV. The most like godlike bird of all time.
    Alex, Guile, Balrog, Ibuki, Juri, Urien confirmed for SFV. Shocking reveals.
    6 Adult Swim games coming to PS4. Death's Gambit looks great.
    Day of the Tentacle Remastered for PS4 shown. March 20th, 2016 release.
    FullThrottle Remastered for PS4/PSVita.
    Psychonauts VR. Rhombus of Ruins.
    Invisible Inc. Console Debut.
    Don't Starve Together. Console Debut.
    Zodiac for PS4/Vita.
    Hitman: Go, Console Debut.
    Brawhalla, Console Debut.
    Yakuza 5, releases this Tuesday.
    YAKUZA 0 FOR THE WEST < MEGATON RIGHT HERE!
    The Last Blade 2 for PS4/Vita.
    KOF XIV. Console Exclusive.
    Nioh. Console exclusive. It looks AMAZING!
    Bastion for Vita out today.
    Bit.Trip Collection for PS4/Vita.
    Nuclear Throne for PS4/Vita, out today.
    Brutal, Console Debut.
    MLB 16. Out presumably in 2016.
    Guns Up!, exclusive to PS. F2P, out today.
    Fat Princess Adventures, available today.
    Ratchet and Clank for PS4 demo. Looks great.
    Rez in VR
    Eagle VR.
    Some boring ass **** about VR.
    Golem VR, looks interesting.
    Robot Golf. Holy ****, this is the best thing ever.
    Ace Combat 7. PSVR Exclusive.
    Destiny Pod Racers
    Ni No Kuni II: Revanant King for PS4. LOOKS AMAZING!
    Paragon, console debut.

Besides some quite interesting looking Indie games, Nioh was what grabbed me the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Couldn't resist Final Fantasy VII at £9 with the theme, picked that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Xenji wrote: »
    Nothing mentioned today in the keynote after Dark Cloud leaked yesterday.

The Playstation Experience was a fairly underwhelming showing. The VR stuff was very so basic. The Santa Monica game looked rubbish and Square Enix saying hey FF VII is on the PC today was :rolleyes:
    Ni No Kuni 2, Bastion on the Vita was nice tho I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yup - have to admit I turned it off after the VR stuff.
    Such a let down after the high of Ratchet and Clank.

I was expecting some polish, not a tech demo from the 80s. But who knows.
    Also not keen to see the move make a reappearance nor the need to be wired to the console, might work fine on a stage - but in most houses people tend to move around - and if you're in VR you could very easily pull that precious PS4 onto the ground...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Turned it on and saw the guy in the Crash t-shirt and my jaw dropped. Turns out there was nothing Crash-related whatsoever.

Asshole.

ERG89 wrote: »
    The Playstation Experience was a fairly underwhelming showing. The VR stuff was very so basic. The Santa Monica game looked rubbish and Square Enix saying hey FF VII is on the PC today was :rolleyes:
    Ni No Kuni 2, Bastion on the Vita was nice tho I guess

I thought it was alright, not a fan of the VR stuff though, they showed a good mixture of games and how varied titles are becoming on the console, it had more of a focus on smaller games and niche titles than other presentations, besides Battleborn none of the FPS games shown will ever interest me.

• Advertisement

Final fantasy 7 is up for 11 euro/£9, comes with a cool new theme.

PS2 games are now live on PSN. Gotta say.. is €14.99 for the earlier GTAs seems far too steep a price to pay for games that were out over a decade ago, improved graphics or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Ace Combat 7 going back to it's roots was the big one for me. More than anything I'd love a remaster pack of Ace Combat 4,5 and Zero. Assault Horizon and Infinity were muck. I just hope Project Aces listen to the fans this time. I hope PSVR will work like Track IR5 does for PC games, it would make dogfighting on consoles amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Final fantasy 7 is up for 11 euro/£9, comes with a cool new theme.

That theme is actually stunning. I'd buy it alone if I could. Kinda still pissed at having to buy for AGAIN if I want it in this gen of consoles
    PS2 games are now live on PSN. Gotta say.. is €14.99 for the earlier GTAs seems far too steep a price to pay for games that were out over a decade ago, improved graphics or not.

Considering they were just under €4 a pop each on ps3 recently, this seems ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The FF games get a discount frequently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

For people who have bought the "PS3" versions of GTA digitally, Sony should really offer a discounted price to upgrade to PS4 editions. I thought they used to do this with other games in the first few months of the PS4? Or was this Microsoft? Or was I dreaming? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I have to say I was raging inside for a good 5 minutes over the price of those GTA games. But then I thought of what the games are carrying:

1080p resolution, Trophies, Share Play, and all the other usual PS4 gimmicky features you can use in the console's library. The game is a tenner on Steam. Maybe it is a fair price. Nonetheless, knowing my impulsive behaviour, I will end up buying these. It'd be nice to play through them for the umpteenth time, only under a different context. (Hunting for Trophies on GTA 3 would be so bizarre)

For people who have bought the "PS3" versions of GTA digitally, Sony should really offer a discounted price to upgrade to PS4 editions. I thought they used to do this with other games in the first few months of the PS4? Or was this Microsoft? Or was I dreaming? :pac:

A load of big yearly franchises were released a short while before the PS4 and ONE were released, so the publishers offered an upgrade so people would buy the games rather than wait for the new console and then buy it.

In any case it's not Sony's choice, same as why MS can't get Red Dead for the ONE. Rockstar/take two don't give it up for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is there any differences between the ff7 port on ps4 and the one available on vita?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Is there any differences between the ff7 port on ps4 and the one available on vita?

Looks nicer, few added features like increased game speed, can be played with DS4, and trophies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ni Oh was the hightlight for me. Looks class.
    Also, Ni No Kuni 2 shall be mine, day 1.

Ni Oh:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

J. Marston wrote: »
    Turned it on and saw the guy in the Crash t-shirt and my jaw dropped. Turns out there was nothing Crash-related whatsoever.

Asshole.

Especially after starting with uncharted and FF7 remake. I thought we'd be in for a hell of a show but that was quickly followed by cod and battlefront to get expectation in check.

Anyway thought it was a little disappointing, it ended very flat. Surprised at a few things.

-We didn't see santa monicas main game or Sony bends.

-Nothing on emulation. I expected them to announce the number of ps2 games that would be coming each quarter.

-No Shuhei on state! Blasphemy.

-I thought they really overdid it with "and it's available right now". Surely they should have spread a few games out. At least they did it somewhat with Yakuza.

Took a look at the screenshots for the improved GTA 3 and, wow, that game really hasn't aged well. Wonder whether they've improved the control scheme, because that was awful if I remember right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Looks nicer, few added features like increased game speed, can be played with DS4, and trophies.

Trophies will be my excuse for buying this.... Again

quick tip for the Uncharted 4 beta

If you bought the Uncharted collection during the sale and wanted to jump onto the beta first you can't you need a Uncharted collection save to be allowed onto it.

RedXIV wrote: »
    Trophies will be my excuse for buying this.... Again

I feel like I'm alone, but I mostly find trophies pointless. For me it definitely wouldn't be a deciding factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

DeSelby83 wrote: »

The one for the PS4 is the PC port version. The on the on the Vita is the PS1 version. Graphics are alot cleaner looking with less jaggies on the character models.

Have to say going trough Vice City gain with that sound track, setting and trophies. I'm very close to buying it. I'd love the Vice City radio station and the SFUR radio station from San Andreas in GTAV, that would be gold.

The one for the PS4 is the PC port version. The on the on the Vita is the PS1 version. Graphics are alot cleaner looking with less jaggies on the character models.

Have to say going trough Vice City gain with that sound track, setting and trophies. I'm very close to buying it. I'd love the Vice City radio station and the SFUR radio station from San Andreas in GTAV, that would be gold.

The soundtrack for Vice City is my favorite in any GTA game, actually Vice City is still my favorite GTA game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Do the GTA's have the original soundtracks? I read somewhere that they have stripped versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Is the next 12 Days deal up today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement