Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ran out of cloud save space on PS4, Borderlands 2 saves are 250kb on PS3 and 10mb on PS4.
    cloud493 wrote: »
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-747/playstation-4/p-12168/god-of-war-iii-remastered-ps4/

I assume that'll come down before launch, cos while I'm all for well priced remasters, 65 quid is a joke.

Assume it's 59.99 at most and the shops will start there and go up.

Could be less but I doubt it'll be lower than 49.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Well its being sold for 40 dollars in the US, and most remasters start at 40 quid mark. Even TLOU was 49.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Final Fantasy Type 0 HD is a remaster and is €10 more than Bloodborne on PSN. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

GerB40 wrote: »
    I'll be buying a game over the weekend and I've narrowed the selection down to The Last of Us, Far Cry 4 and Sniper Elite 3. I've never played these games or their prequels before so I don't have a clue what they're like. I was wondering if any of ye could give me advice on which one I should get? I read one review about Sniper Elite 3 which was pretty harsh but I don't really trust game reviewers.

So any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Nice one folks...

Narrow it down to two. Sniper elite is crap

TLOU and far cry 4 are great. Different to each other in many ways. I suggest get both :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I imagine type-O's price will plummet shortly. Square enix games like that always seem to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Final Fantasy Type 0 HD is a remaster and is €10 more than Bloodborne on PSN. The mind boggles.

Square Enix probably hope that people are so desperate to play the FFXV demo they'll pay €70 for FF Type O. Personally I'd love to play both but for that price they can fúck themselves. The remaster alone should cost around €50 at the very most and 20 quid for a demo is criminal..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Narrow it down to two. Sniper elite is crap

TLOU and far cry 4 are great. Different to each other in many ways. I suggest get both :P

Got both with my PS4 at Xmas. Both are great games but TLOU is the better. That said, you'd pick up a trade copy easily even on here. I have mine for trade and have seen others with it too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I can't seem to log in to my psn (well, store.playstation.com) on my phone at all, is this the norm? (On an apple phone btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I can't seem to log in to my psn (well, store.playstation.com) on my phone at all, is this the norm? (On an apple phone btw)

Did you update the app or through the browser?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Did you update the app or through the browser?

Oh, through the browser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Spotify app launches today, exclusive to PlayStation "for the foreseeable"
    Popular music streaming service Spotify has just launched its first-ever games console app - and it's exclusive to Sony's PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 for the time being.

"PlayStation have gaming exclusivity," Murray Pannell, UK marketing director for Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, confirmed to Eurogamer at a preview of the app last week. And how long does the exclusivity period last? "That's to be decided exactly," he confessed, "but certainly for the foreseeable."

At a time when media-streaming services such as Netflix are typically found on every connected console, the exclusivity deal is a minor coup for Sony. Spotify is a leader in digital music, with over 30m tracks available, 60 million active users and an impressive 15 million paying subscribers. The deal effectively calls time on Sony's own ambitions in music streaming, with the Spotify app replacing the platform-holder's Music Unlimited service. The partnership "still means we're in music, but is also the foundation of our music strategy going forward," Pannell said. "It's going to be really good for us."

Lots of prayers to Shuhei have been answered...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Otacon wrote: »

This is great, can't believe it was released so soon I thought Sony would drag it out and a not people, can't wait to get home from work now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I really love the Dualshock 4. Was always an Xbox controller man, but i've been converted. Definitely better than the XBone pad as well.

Now if only it worked as well as the 360 pad on the pc, and didn't need a 3rd party tool to use it properly :(

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition in Xtravision in Cavan pre owned for €15 yesterday. Is it worth it lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Lemlin wrote: »
    Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition in Xtravision in Cavan pre owned for €15 yesterday. Is it worth it lads?

It is a really fun game, you cannot go wrong at that price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lemlin wrote: »

At that price definitely.

Xenji wrote: »
    It is a really fun game, you cannot go wrong at that price.
    At that price definitely.

Cheers lads. I still have Tomb Raider and Thief unopened but could add this to the collection of stuff to play through.

Will allow time to pass and Bloodborne to drop in price a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Otacon wrote: »

Delighted. Thought I'd never see it on PS because of that Music app they have which is awful...

Now, if they can just figure out a way to use spotify in-game for games like GTA etc that'd be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Anybody having trouble since the upgrade?
    looks like rest mode problem is back :)

.ak wrote: »
    Now, if they can just figure out a way to use spotify in-game for games like GTA etc that'd be amazing.

???

You can, I thought. Spotify is a 'thin' app, meaning it can be played while you are playing games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

So you just login with existing Spotify account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

fenris wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble since the upgrade?
    looks like rest mode problem is back :)

It's fine for me. This version is the first one in a long time when I'm not seeing the rest mode problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Hope you can play Spotify through games like has been predicted. I just really, really want to blare out some smooth jazz while repeatedly dying in Bloodborne.
    :pac:

So you just login with existing Spotify account?

Yup. A free or premium account - both work.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    Hope you can play Spotify through games like has been predicted. I just really, really want to blare out some smooth jazz while repeatedly dying in Bloodborne.
    :pac:

You can. You can even control what is playing through the Spotify app on your phone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's actually brilliant. Will have to put on some Bach while playing Bloodborne to try and keep me calm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

No way I'm using it for Bloodborne...

But Driveclub.. now that I can make a soundtrack to. (Back to some Feeder from Gran Turismo 3 :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I tried opening Spotify while in Shadow of Mordor and it asked me to close Shadow of Mordor in order to open it... Haven't tried opening the app and playing music then going in game however, so hopefully that works...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just did it with Driveclub and it's very nice. Especially being able to control with my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Drew P. Wiener

tok9 wrote:
    But Driveclub.. now that I can make a soundtrack to. (Back to some Feeder from Gran Turismo 3 )

Bringing me back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Really impressed by the Spotify integration. Worked great when playing FIFA, and being able to control on your phone is a massive plus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement