Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Lemlin wrote: »
    Is Red Dead Redemption going up on PS4? I've never played it.

One of my favourite games ever. A masterpiece. Dont know if multiplayer still has numbers but that was also the most fun ive ever had online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I was talking about PS2 games.

I see some of them are cheaper, two of them at 10 euro. I'd say that might be down to the bandwidth since the more expensive games are much larger in size.

Some publishers spoke out againt charges before, reports cited 16c per GB. Was for paid and free content but there was some exceptions and allowances.

6 are originally Sony published (+capcom), so you don't have the largest sample of developers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

... as a moderator here I can't even dignify this with a response :rolleyes:

Sony are in control. They say we'll release a game on PS4 and do the hard work if you submit the game to us. You'll get x amount of profit, if you don't like it then get lost/discuss it with us. I'd say the price set is the basic price but you might get more expensive games for premium titles, expect Squaresoft titles to be a bit more expensive.

Where did you hear this. (games being submitted and sony doing the port work inhouse) ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Where did you hear this. (games being submitted and sony doing the port work inhouse) ?

Who do you think does the porting work considering the emulator is coded by Sony and part of their OS?

Who do you think does the porting work considering the emulator is coded by Sony and part of their OS?

Idk. Where did you hear that though ?

• Advertisement

You know the way that you could have signatures for Xbox 360/PS3, in which it would display the games you're playing and such. Is such a thing possible on the PS4?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Idk. Where did you hear that though ?

Who else is doing it? Sony aren't going to let a third party near their OS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So guys, I upgraded my hard drive to 1tb, the problem is that it only shows up as 780GB, I only noticed it today as I wanted to delete something off it.
    Any idea how to solve this as losing 220gb is not what I want really :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

astonaidan wrote: »
    So guys, I upgraded my hard drive to 1tb, the problem is that it only shows up as 780GB, I only noticed it today as I wanted to delete something off it.
    Any idea how to solve this as losing 220gb is not what I want really :(

The OS takes up about 95gb and you will be losing another 70-90gb or so with most 1tb hdds from the get go.

Who else is doing it? Sony aren't going to let a third party near their OS.

But dont all devs have a PS4 dev kit, which could have the emulation tools available with an update. idk, just wondering because earlier this year on a gaf thread, something like "if you were the new ceo of sony/ms, what would you do first"

And i wrote about being the new ceo of sony and doing what ever it took to port PS2 gems, inhouse, split revenue with the 3rd parties for the inhouse work etc, and build up a library of gems. Now im just contemplating suing sony for a christmas turkey for stealing my master plan, its just not on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You know the way that you could have signatures for Xbox 360/PS3, in which it would display the games you're playing and such. Is such a thing possible on the PS4?

Yeah, the same one that works for the PS3 does PS4 and Vita.

Just click on someone's sig and it will take you to the site to register for one.

http://psnprofiles.com/Latchbones

I had one on here and was told by mods it was not allowed, they disabled it from my profile settings despite me pointing out all the many other users that have the same type as me. They just decided to power trip on me. It wasn't a mod from any of the games or console forums though.

Yeah, the same one that works for the PS3 does PS4 and Vita.

Just click on someone's sig and it will take you to the site to register for one.

http://psnprofiles.com/Latchbones

I had one on here and was told by mods it was not allowed, they disabled it from my profile settings despite me pointing out all the many other users that have the same type as me. They just decided to power trip on me. It wasn't a mod from any of the games or console forums though.

Mine is showing up completely empty. Do I need to activate something in my PS account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Mine is showing up completely empty. Do I need to activate something in my PS account?

You need to click update profile or something onto that, it takes about 5 minutes for it to grab your stats then.

You need to click update profile or something onto that, it takes about 5 minutes for it to grab your stats then.

I think it was because my trophy list had been set to friends only. Have to earn one trophy now to have them all show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There is now a separate mobile app for messages called playstation messages available on Android and ios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Not a terrible idea but not one I'll get a huge amount of use of. Most of my online friends are friends in real life who'd use alternate means to message me anyway

I limited my messaging so much, because I kept getting added to group conversations that I didn't really care about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,225 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Downloaded the new app for iPhone 5s - can't sign out of the app and can't stop it vibrating everytime someone sends a message in the chat. A painful start - ended by deleting the app.

Anyone ever get anything off games cardscodes.com, bought a year of plus and no email yet. No rely to email either. My plus is up in 2 days and I'd rather not let it lapse if i don't have to.
    Downloaded the new app for iPhone 5s - can't sign out of the app and can't stop it vibrating everytime someone sends a message in the chat. A painful start - ended by deleting the app.

The first setting you see is to turn off notifications.

Gone Home is finally coming to consoles on the 12th of January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't wait to finally play Gone Home.

What are the chances that they'll charge over €20 for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,225 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Varik wrote: »
    Anyone ever get anything off games cardscodes.com, bought a year of plus and no email yet. No rely to email either. My plus is up in 2 days and I'd rather not let it lapse if i don't have to.

The first setting you see is to turn off notifications.

On the main app you could turn off tones which allowed the notification to pop without your phone buzzing or beeping. On this new app they are either on or off.

What are the chances that they'll charge over €20 for it?

It is still 19.99 on Steam and came out over 2 years ago, of course it can be gotten cheaper though.

I'll be honest.. I don't think it's worth full price. It's a fun little game, with a nice story, but it's very short (maybe.. 2+ hours?), no replayability, and isn't all that visually stunning, which would have been Everybody's Gone to the Rapture's saving grace, which I still haven't played yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

I'll be honest.. I don't think it's worth full price. It's a fun little game, with a nice story, but it's very short (maybe.. 2+ hours?), no replayability, and isn't all that visually stunning, which would have been Everybody's Gone to the Rapture's saving grace, which I still haven't played yet.

Definitely not worth €20. It's worth a play though if it ever shows up on ps+.

5 hours and still no plus code from cards codes, going to buy it off someone else/PSN and just reverse charges on card for cardscodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Varik wrote: »
    5 hours and still no plus code from cards codes, going to buy it off someone else/PSN and just reverse charges on card for cardscodes.

Tbf, you waited about 4 hours longer than I would

RedXIV wrote: »
    Tbf, you waited about 4 hours longer than I would

Got it there, all to save €2 or a walk to argos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Deal #5 of 12 Deals of Christmas

PES 2016 for €29

Very good price for an excellent game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement