Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 Mr. Motley

James74 wrote: »
    If you got Rocket League when it was on PS+ you can play it split screen with 2 or 4 players.
    Also my seven year old loves Lego Batman 3 (actually so do I :D), in fact I think all the Lego games have local mp and most of them are really fun games.
    Towerfall is great.
    And my two love some Spelunky mayhem, not my favourite but that might be because half the time I'm trying to decipher what the hell is going on. It also has cross-platform play with the Vita.

Edit: just happened to catch the Spelunky video on its PSN page. Ignore it. It looks (and is) like a "standard" platformer there, but in local MP it's a mad single screen arena type affair with bombs and traps and mad stuff. Reminded me a bit of the way a round of Bomberman used to play out.

I did download a demo of the Lego Movie game - didn't seem to grab him when we played it. I might checkout the Batman version.

Spelunky sounds like it might be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Just a caveat on Lego Batman 3, our house is a den of both Lego and superhero geeks, so that might be influencing our opinions. Also the MP in the Lego games I've played is co-op only not competitive, although I'm open to correction on that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I always assumed that the Lego Movie game wasn't a proper Lego game. Is it made by the same people?

To be honest, I've only played the Lego games on the PS3/2 but they were just soooo much fun.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

tina1040 wrote: »
    The answer is probably here somewhere. I'm looking for suggestion as to what headset to buy for xmas for 15 year old for his PS4. something cheap but works as it's an extra surprise.

If you search the word "headset" on the main PlayStation forum page, it has been asked repeatedly over the last couple of months. Some very good suggestions on the various threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Is it just me or have none of these deals been particularly great?

The Uncharted deal at 50% off was the best one so far, it beat all the online shop prices too.

I don't think there is going to be anything else really at this stage. Might get Battlefront if it drops alot on a deal but I doubt it as it's leads the sales chart for christmas so far. There are more recorded PS4 players on Battlefront than X1 and PC combined!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There are more recorded PS4 players on Battlefront than X1 and PC combined!

Interesting alright, why is that?

Currently online players

PC: 7,210 (24h peak: 19,037)

XBOXONE: 11,644 (24h peak: 55,396)

PS4: 40,615 (24h peak: 97,498)

Total: 59,469

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Currently online players

Probably a mix the marketing bundle by Sony and having a 30.2 million install base combined with the fact that PC gamers could see the game is lacking in content from what it should be by their traditional standards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Currently online players

Another thing to consider besides tge install base might be that Xbox had Halo and Tomb Raider released recently as well so if given a choice between those games I'd say a lot went for Halo and TR over Battlefront.

Just my guess though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Another thing to consider besides tge install base might be that Xbox had Halo and Tomb Raider released recently as well so if given a choice between those games I'd say a lot went for Halo and TR over Battlefront.

Just my guess though.

This, the same goes for PC. While console gamers seem to gather at the latest game PC gamers do not. There is simply too massive of a PC game library, Gamers are very thinly spread out. Right now there are 804,623 people playing Dota on PC and 452,212 playing Counter Strike Global Offensive which are both years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,326 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has there been any AAA titles released in the last while (around the time of Battlefront) ?

If not like said above console gamers tend to move onto the newest games as they release.

• Advertisement

This, the same goes for PC. While console gamers seem to gather at the latest game PC gamers do not. There is simply too massive of a PC game library, Gamers are very thinly spread out. Right now there are 804,623 people playing Dota on PC and 452,212 playing Counter Strike Global Offensive which are both years old.

A good chunk of them are Russians on thrown together PC's tho who wouldn't be able to afford the latest consoles & full price games.

Not taking away the fact they're great games tho (csgo at least, don't like dota myself)

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Has there been any AAA titles released in the last while (around the time of Battlefront) ?

If not like said above console gamers tend to move onto the newest games as they release.

Rainbow Six siege, Just Cause 3, Black Ops 3, Fallout 4 all out about the same time or after Battlefront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

A good chunk of them are Russians on thrown together PC's tho who wouldn't be able to afford the latest consoles & full price games.

Not taking away the fact they're great games tho (csgo at least, don't like dota myself)

That wasn't my point though, my point was that analytics across gaming platforms are not uniform. The most popular PC games are years and years old while usually the most popular console games are new releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Mr. Motley wrote: »
    Good morning Chaps.

I've a 6 year old who likes a bit of PS4 gaming with his Dad and am hoping to get him a game for Christmas.

So far this year we've done LBP3, Rayman and Knack.

Does anyone know a good game to pick up for Christmas? Would need to be a 2-player and preferably some type of platformer.

Would any of the indie games in the PS store be worth getting?

Thanks

I have a 6 year old and he absolutely loved Lego Marvel Superheroes, he enjoyed Lego Batman 3 but not quite to the same extent. Great thing about them is I love them too so have absolutely no problems sitting down with him to play them. Really are good games, very enjoyable, not too taxing and a great sense of humour running through them.

Skylanders might be worth a shout too but be wary of the ongoing cost of extra characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is the current 12 Days sale. €44/€54 for standard/gold. And a season pass for €20.

Is it just me or have none of these deals been particularly great?

I guess it depends on what you are into, I have been underwhelmed mostly but at €30 I couldn't leave Uncharted behind and only for I already had a copy WWE 2k16 it was good value on a relatively new game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just a heads up, no matter how cheap you manage to find The Order 1886 you must remember to never ever buy it.

Awful stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just a heads up, no matter how cheap you manage to find The Order 1886 you must remember to never ever buy it.

Awful stuff.

It's not, it's just awfully short. Great mechanics with sub par bosses but it's not a terrible game.
    It's one of the best looking games on the PS4 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I have a 6 year old and he absolutely loved Lego Marvel Superheroes, he enjoyed Lego Batman 3 but not quite to the same extent. Great thing about them is I love them too so have absolutely no problems sitting down with him to play them. Really are good games, very enjoyable, not too taxing and a great sense of humour running through them.

Skylanders might be worth a shout too but be wary of the ongoing cost of extra characters.

I hugely second the lego marvel superheroes game. My 4 year old boy and 5yr old girl love playing together on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Evening folks,

Have had my ps4 for a few months but have never been able to sign in to psn or play online. It was fine up until now as I had a nice stack of games to get through.

The ps4 is connected to the Internet (via WiFi) but when I try sign in I get either NW -31456-9 error or NW-31456-8 error. Is there anything I can do to get this working? Consider myself pretty tech savvy so its really irratiting that I can't get it working. With Virgin media for internet. Any help would be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Evening folks,

Have had my ps4 for a few months but have never been able to sign in to psn or play online. It was fine up until now as I had a nice stack of games to get through.

The ps4 is connected to the Internet (via WiFi) but when I try sign in I get either NW -31456-9 error or NW-31456-8 error. Is there anything I can do to get this working? Consider myself pretty tech savvy so its really irratiting that I can't get it working. With Virgin media for internet. Any help would be great!

Try setting the DNS servers to use Google's, so you go to network setup and instead of using the easy setup choose custom (it might be advanced or manual I can't recall the exact word) fill in the details and use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for the DNS.

If that doesn't work try connecting it with an ethernet cable.

• Advertisement

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Try setting the DNS servers to use Google's, so you go to network setup and instead of using the easy setup choose custom (it might be advanced or manual I can't recall the exact word) fill in the details and use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for the DNS.

If that doesn't work try connecting it with an ethernet cable.

Cheers for the reply. I've tried those before and no joy. Tried them again just now and the same error NW-31456-9 appeared after a few mins.

Unfortunately Ethernet cabel isn't an option as there is a bit of distance from router to ps4 (it still has 82% signal strength though)

Unfortunately Ethernet cabel isn't an option as there is a bit of distance from router to ps4 (it still has 82% signal strength though)

TP Link power plugs are your answer. Pick up a set for about €20-25 and you are sorted they are basically plug and play once you link them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Cheers for the reply. I've tried those before and no joy. Tried them again just now and the same error NW-31456-9 appeared after a few mins.

Even try testing it over Ethernet if you could, if that worked you could try home plugs to get it going permanently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I set up my DNS with unotelly and was able to pit the settings onto my ps4. Worked a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Who do you have your broadband with and what router do you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Awful stuff.

I got it for €6 or so in a flash sale. It's not a bad game. It's just too short. Anyone who paid more than €20 for it would have every right to be pissed off in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Might seem like a very simple solution but it was what happened to me and took me a while to get it sorted!!

When I set up the PS4 to the broadband it was working fine and then I downloaded and installed a update. When it restarted though it wasn't working and I was getting a error like yours but can't remember what numbers it was. After trying loads of workarounds I realised during the installation of the update it had forgotten the log on details for the broadband and just needed to be set up again.

Probably not the solution for yours but ya never know!!

Elder Scrolls Online for €24 is the new 12 Days sale.

Tempting.

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Who do you have your broadband with and what router do you have?

It's with Virgin Media. Formally UPC. It's one of the dreaded horizon boxes which has the router built in. I'm trying to get them to give me a seperate router.

• Advertisement

TP Link power plugs are your answer. Pick up a set for about €20-25 and you are sorted they are basically plug and play once you link them.

Just looked into those. The look fantastic. Luckily there are wall sockets beside the router and athe Ps4. I'll just need a londer Ethernet cabel to connect.

Is it really that simple? Have you a link to the ones you bought for 20-25 quid. It would be worth taking a chance for that price.

Cheers for this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement