Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I've used both the normal version and the wifi version of those TP-Links and they work great. We have one of the older Cisco routers but still with UPC.

Really quick speeds and no issues with connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Powerline adapters are probably one of my best investments ever, they're dead handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

They are essential in my opinion. The PS4 Wifi card is cack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Just looked into those. The look fantastic. Luckily there are wall sockets beside the router and athe Ps4. I'll just need a londer Ethernet cabel to connect.

Is it really that simple? Have you a link to the ones you bought for 20-25 quid. It would be worth taking a chance for that price.

Cheers for this!

They come with RJ45 leads, check the likes of Argos or Tesco for them.

I got mine a while back on Amazon when the exchange rate was decent and so was Amazon's deliver service, not so any more on both accounts. Think you'll be looking at around the €45 mark now. There are other cheaper brands but I don't now how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They are essential in my opinion. The PS4 Wifi card is cack.

Strangely enough since launch I have always got better speeds using Wi-Fi than wired, admittedly the router is in the same room.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Just looked into those. The look fantastic. Luckily there are wall sockets beside the router and athe Ps4. I'll just need a londer Ethernet cabel to connect.

Is it really that simple? Have you a link to the ones you bought for 20-25 quid. It would be worth taking a chance for that price.

Cheers for this!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-PA411KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B0084Y9N3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450228441&sr=8-1&keywords=powerline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I use one with the PS4, zero hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Hideo Kojima is striking out on his own after leaving Konami. He is setting up Kojima Productions again as his company and his first game will be a PS4-exclusive.

CWU1YkbWEAAMZyl.png

https://twitter.com/ElTorroGAF/status/677032490536714240

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

It will be ready for Playstation 5/6

Otacon wrote: »
    Hideo Kojima is striking out on his own after leaving Konami. He is setting up Kojima Productions again as his company and his first game will be a PS4-exclusive.

CWU1YkbWEAAMZyl.png

https://twitter.com/ElTorroGAF/status/677032490536714240

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

padair wrote: »
    It will be ready for Playstation 5/6

The job listings on the KojiPro site reference Unreal engine experience. Seeing as the biggest delay to MGSV was the creation of a whole new engine, this would imply we may not have to wait as long for his new game.

Also, I expect with the Sony partnership, the game will be developed in conjunction with Japan Studio, similar to Bloodborne.

Also, yes, I realise you were joking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Cheers for this!

They really are that simple, almost literally plug in and away you go. But I would be cautious that this is not actually your problem.

If the problem is going out through your router this is really just a better way of connecting to the same router so may not actually solve your problem. Is there any way you can plug the PS4 directly into the router even just for a couple of minutes to see if this approach works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Otacon wrote: »
    The job listings on the KojiPro site reference Unreal engine experience. Seeing as the biggest delay to MGSV was the creation of a whole new engine, this would imply we may not have to wait as long for his new game.

Also, I expect with the Sony partnership, the game will be developed in conjunction with Japan Studio, similar to Bloodborne.

Also, yes, I realise you were joking...

:)

Sony are now taking suggestions for PS2 titles to come to PS4 over on Twitter. I have gone in with the Ace Combat series as the story in 5 and Zero were very good. MGS 2 and 3 already got HD re masters otherwise I would have went them.

Use #ps2ps4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

FÚCKING YES!

Plex is now free to use for everyboy on XB1 & PS4 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GoodKill

Hey guys, quick question:

I got Star Wars Battlefront as a present, but I've read conflicting things about there being no single player campaign?

Can someone clear this up before I rip open the packaging!?! :)

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

GoodKill wrote: »
    Hey guys, quick question:

I got Star Wars Battlefront as a present, but I've read conflicting things about there being no single player campaign?

Can someone clear this up before I rip open the packaging!?! :)

Thanks!

There's not a campaign but there is a handful of missions you can play singleplayer. Mostly, it's a Multiplayer game and is marketed as such.

See more about missions here: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/features/missions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GoodKill

Thanks for that. It's going back. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Sony are now taking suggestions for PS2 titles to come to PS4 over on Twitter. I have gone in with the Ace Combat series as the story in 5 and Zero were very good. MGS 2 and 3 already got HD re masters otherwise I would have went them.

Use #ps2ps4.
    Manhunt 2 would be lovely...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Elder Scrolls Online is the new '12 Days' deal on PSN.

Would it be reccomended? Its pretty cheap.

Not a fantasy MMO guy - ive never tried Warcraft or anything (have never had a desire to either) - but I loved Oblivion, Skyrim to a lesser extent.

Im just not keen on having to use a million different abilities constantly or have to join a guild or somesuch to be able to play properly.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

It has much weaker missions and storyline than any other Elderscroll. The only real plus is playing with mates is fun, which can make up for that. Playing it on your todd and you have the worst of both worlds, though.

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls Online is the new '12 Days' deal on PSN.

Would it be reccomended? Its pretty cheap.

Not a fantasy MMO guy - ive never tried Warcraft or anything (have never had a desire to either) - but I loved Oblivion, Skyrim to a lesser extent.

Im just not keen on having to use a million different abilities constantly or have to join a guild or somesuch to be able to play properly.

Thoughts?

Better hurry because it's gone about now it's 48hrs are up. Next deal incoming any minute.

GTA5 at 50% €35 is the new deal, that's cheaper than any shop I know of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Better hurry because it's gone about now it's 48hrs are up. Next deal incoming any minute.

GTA5 at 50% €35 is the new deal, that's cheaper than any shop I know of.

Its been near continuously one of the best selling games on the console month on month since its release, as such it really has retained its price more than most games currently available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anybody here still have Watch Dogs and be willing to help out with the Online Trophies? :D

Nevermind, turns out it ha to be done with Randoms ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just bought a PS4 yesterday with The Last Of Us and Bloodborne. Picking up Unchartered later. Are there any decent driving games for it (have googled etc. can't find anything decent!)? I've been out of the loop for some time. Might pick up Metal Gear even if I haven't played them in ages. Enjoying the two I got anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody here still have Watch Dogs and be willing to help out with the Online Trophies? :D

Nevermind, turns out it ha to be done with Randoms ffs!

Go here , These lads are cool.
    http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/watch-dogs/

petes wrote: »
    Just bought a PS4 yesterday with The Last Of Us and Bloodborne. Picking up Unchartered later. Are there any decent driving games for it (have googled etc. can't find anything decent!)? I've been out of the loop for some time. Might pick up Metal Gear even if I haven't played them in ages. Enjoying the two I got anyway!

There aren't really any decent driving games yet imo. Drive Club is the best looking driving game going on any console but the handling leaves alot to be desired. Project Cars is meh.

Need a game like Froza 6 with it's car selection and physics but with Drive Club's graphics on PS4 badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Few Need for Speed games around but not sure if they are any use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Yeah, been seeing that from reading the reviews. Probably hold out for a while and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've a few PS2 games that I'd love to see on PS4 that I've missed or would just like to replay.

Persona 3
    Timesplitters 2 or 3
    Onimusha
    Parappa the Rapper
    God Hand
    Freedom Fighters

Throw them my way and I'll be happy to buy them, in particular Freedom Fighters and Onimusha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

All the PS2 games I want on PS4 already got a HD remaster on PS3 so wouldn't really want a PS2 copy emulated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement