Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

I wonder whether we'll have any additional sales in the run up to Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

They really are that simple, almost literally plug in and away you go. But I would be cautious that this is not actually your problem.

If the problem is going out through your router this is really just a better way of connecting to the same router so may not actually solve your problem. Is there any way you can plug the PS4 directly into the router even just for a couple of minutes to see if this approach works?

Thanks everyone for all the help. Really appreciate it. Over the weekend I'll try hook the ps4 up to the router and see what happens.

I'm well ware that the Horizon box is cack so it could very well be the problem. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Any good deals for the new call of duty, American or not, havent played one in years, wanna see if its any use?

Am I the only one that finds it f*cking ridiculous that there are games for €100 on the PS Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Am I the only one that finds it f*cking ridiculous that there are games for €100 on the PS Store?

I think the PS Store in general is a rip off - there is no reason why there shouldn't be a significant discount on all games sold via PS Store due to removal of packaging/shipping/etc. costs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Probably just you, if you look at the descriptions they are all special editions with DLC and a season pass bundled into the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

They are games with season passes included. Exact same as buying the game in a shop here and the season pass on PSN later.

They are $120 on US PSN so it's not just here. People are clearly paying it otherwise they wouldn't be there.

I think the PS Store in general is a rip off - there is no reason why there shouldn't be a significant discount on all games sold via PS Store due to removal of packaging/shipping/etc. costs

Its mainly to do with the actual retailers and a far lesser extent bandwidth, its the same with all the current consoles, with PC its different and prices are less digitally as not many retailers stock many PC games these days compared to consoles.

What on earth do you get with the season passes that make it worth the €20 - €30 increase?

What on earth do you get with the season passes that make it worth the €20 - €30 increase?

You get all future expansions and DLC for free, well after you pay for it, you usually end up getting a discounted price by getting the pass, compared to buying everything separately.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's just me, but I can only justify spending that much on a game if there's some physical benefit to it.

Any opinions on the Talos Principle? It looks interesting enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Anybody here still have Watch Dogs and be willing to help out with the Online Trophies? :D

Nevermind, turns out it ha to be done with Randoms ffs!

I have the same problem with Fifa, have a few trophies left all online multiplayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Has anyone played the game Evolve, I remember reading about it when I was in Canada last year and never heard much more from it then, just saw it made top 25 games of 2015 for ps4

astonaidan wrote: »
    Has anyone played the game Evolve, I remember reading about it when I was in Canada last year and never heard much more from it then, just saw it made top 25 games of 2015 for ps4

It seems like a lot of fun, but I don't really know how many people actually play it - it's an online co-op game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I remember there was a lot of talk about Evolve when it came out but it died down pretty quick. According to Wiki it has been a commercial success and the developer is planning on running with it for a while. Relies heavily on DLC I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Grabbing another PS4 today, going to be heading into Argos.

Will likely be getting the €360 bundle with a game in box plus 2 free games.

Will be trading in the games so which if any of them are physical disc and which are downloaded. They 2 other games will be physical boxed copies in any case.

PS4 500GB Console with Uncharted
    PS4 500GB Console and GTA V Bundle
    PS4 500GB Console and Call of Duty Black Ops III
    PS4 500GB Star Wars Battlefront Bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Evolve was a brilliant idea, but too expensive for what it was, to be honest. If that was ever released as a free game on PSplus you'd see everyone playing it.

Worked for Rocket League. I'd say the vast amount of people playing it came from when it was free on PSPlus. I certainly wouldn't have got it otherwise.

Maybe it's just me, but I can only justify spending that much on a game if there's some physical benefit to it.

Any opinions on the Talos Principle? It looks interesting enough.

Fantastic game, one of my favorite of the last 12 months, it can be quite tough though, but its highly rewarding if you keep at it.

Worked for Rocket League. I'd say the vast amount of people playing it came from when it was free on PSPlus. I certainly wouldn't have got it otherwise.

They announced recently they made 50m in total from the game, no break down of systems or plus/paid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Has anyone here played The Witcher 3 without playing the first two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

petes wrote: »

Yupp. Couldn't run the 1st one on my PC at the time and no platform for the 2nd one. Witcher 3 is still my GOTY.

petes wrote: »

Yup, I played it without any knowledge of the previous 2 and didn't feel left out by it at all. It does a pretty good job of explaining different things.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp. Couldn't run the 1st one on my PC at the time and no platform for the 2nd one. Witcher 3 is still my GOTY.

Nice one. Think I might pick it up this evening along with something else!

Are any of the games worth getting in the Buy One, Get One Free deal currently going on? The only one that jumps out is Shadow of Mordor/Last of Us, but I already own and completed them.

Are any of the games worth getting in the Buy One, Get One Free deal currently going on? The only one that jumps out is Shadow of Mordor/Last of Us, but I already own and completed them.

None of them are really worth it as they've been on sale for less than the 50% they're up for with the 2 for 1.

Any opinions on Wasteland 2? Would you need to have played the first game to appreciate it?

Changed my mind again lol. Think I'm veering towards Middle Earth and Wolfenstein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Is Wolfenstein: The Old Blood any good? Loved the New Order so i'm wondering of this is worth the €9?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Is Wolfenstein: The Old Blood any good? Loved the New Order so i'm wondering of this is worth the €9?

If you liked the New Order, you can't go wrong, they are both excellent shooters!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement