Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Just a second opinion here... For some reason that I can't quite figure out myself, The Old Blood is a big step down in quality from The New Order. I know that a bit random and not very informative, sorry.

I mean in some ways it's to be expected. Old Blood is essentially just a DLC, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I didn't think it was a step down at all personally, just more of the same...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Yeah, The Old Blood isnt great. Its just, go into area locked in, kill waves of enemies, area becomes unlocked, so move to the next area and repeat. I got bored 2 hours in. The main game though, much more effort put in, and not just room after room of waves of enemies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Ended up getting Far Cry 4, Wolfenstein, Middle Earth and Unchartered!!

I'll be busy over Christmas!!

• Advertisement

petes wrote: »
    Ended up getting Far Cry 4, Wolfenstein, Middle Earth and Unchartered!!

I'll be busy over Christmas!!

For how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Are any of the games worth getting in the Buy One, Get One Free deal currently going on? The only one that jumps out is Shadow of Mordor/Last of Us, but I already own and completed them.

TLOU, Until Dawn or Divinity: Original Sin are all worth getting. Thats about it. SoM is terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

99% of people like Shadow Of Mordor. It's a safe enough bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I wouldn't be a big fan of Mordor either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

98% and falling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Grayditch wrote: »
    99% of people like Shadow Of Mordor. It's a safe enough bet!

Uhh since when?

Seems to be a big backlash against it over the past 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Ive just tonight completed shadow of mordor and its two DLC campaigns. I did enjoy the main game to a point. All that running around freeing slaves got awful tedious towards the end cause there's so many of them.

I went straight into the two DLC and it was a chore by the end, I just wanted them done so I could delete it and free up space on the hard drive.

Glad I played it but I'm never gonna go near it again.

Shadow on its own, a reasonable 7/10.
    With DLC 6/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I enjoyed chaining the kills in Shadow of Mordor. Played it during a stressful period in work and found myself one night snarling in the middle of a fight with my OH staring at me like I'd gone mad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Didn't like SoM at all. Recommended to me as i liked batman and assassins creed but got incredibly bored after about 2 hours.

I enjoyed SoM somewhat - the whole Nemesis system was fantastically implemented, but, my God, that ending was atrocious.
    You spend so long attacking, slashing, completing missions, getting better at combat. And then the final boss is a ****ing. quick. time. event

It completely put me off wanting to play the rest of it outside the main story.

Is it possible to set a watchlist in the PS Store like with Steam, where it'll notify you when a game has gone on sale? There's a few games I'd like to get if there's a discount.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 is the new 12 Deals sale. €50/€80 for bundle/digital deluxe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is it possible to set a watchlist in the PS Store like with Steam, where it'll notify you when a game has gone on sale? There's a few games I'd like to get if there's a discount.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 is the new 12 Deals sale. €50/€80 for bundle/digital deluxe.

there's a wishlist, not sure about notifications with this.

psprices.com is decent as well, lets you track changes in price over time as well as setting notifications.

Fantastic! Have signed up for notifications on a few games with psprices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭micks_address

Fantastic! Have signed up for notifications on a few games with psprices.

Hi folks,
    I've reserved a ps4 in argos tallaght for collection.. Wanted to get fifa as the free game and maybe uncharted but fifa is out of stock.. In tallaght at least.. If I get the console in tallaght could I pick up fifa in another store for free?

I would see that as being very unlikely, unfortunately. You'd have to check it with them, but I would imagine that the bundle applies to that specific store.

• Advertisement

I would see that as being very unlikely, unfortunately. You'd have to check it with them, but I would imagine that the bundle applies to that specific store.

Plus it's outta stock everywhere :(
    Just trying to get best deal on the console star wars and fifa and potentially a second controller coming in at around 500 euro in smyths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

For how much?

120, all preowned!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Is there any USA or Japan games worth importing for the PS4 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Hi folks,
    I've reserved a ps4 in argos tallaght for collection.. Wanted to get fifa as the free game and maybe uncharted but fifa is out of stock.. In tallaght at least.. If I get the console in tallaght could I pick up fifa in another store for free?

I know for a fact other people have posted here saying they were able to collect in a different store, others ordered for collection and got it once it came back in stock. I think it's just up to the store to decided though.

DubDJ wrote: »
    I know for a fact other people have posted here saying they were able to collect in a different store, others ordered for collection and got it once it came back in stock. I think it's just up to the store to decided though.

Doesn't look like fifa in stock at any argos store

If they don't have games in stock would they sub in a controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Is there any USA or Japan games worth importing for the PS4 ?

Do you have an understanding of Japanese, only a handful of releases have English subs and are mostly nearly all Idol games or Dating sims, as for the US unless the game comes out a week or two after in the EU we both have the same games available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Xenji wrote: »
    Do you have an understanding of Japanese, only a handful of releases have English subs and are mostly nearly all Idol games or Dating sims, as for the US unless the game comes out a week or two after in the EU we both have the same games available.

A little bit of understanding I suppose I looking for beat em ups I'm assuming they would be easy enough to play in another lanuage

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

McLoughlin wrote: »
    A little bit of understanding I suppose I looking for beat em ups I'm assuming they would be easy enough to play in another lanuage

Besides the ones that have already been released over here, the only one would be JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven, obviously having read the manga would be a benefit as it includes characters up to the JoJolion arc, you also have Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel but that is getting an English release early next year.

You have Tekken 7, The King Of Fighters, Street Fighter 5 and Guilty Gear Xrd -Revelator coming out next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I highly doubt it to be honest. Even letting you collect at a different store or day is pushing it. Maybe they could mark it as purchased and you could just wait for stock to come in. You'd probably have to visit the store and chance your arm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

There over 5 in stock in Galway. In fact, I checked there a few days ago at the instore touchscreen and it said there were 34 copies in stock!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement