Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

My PS4 doesn't seem to be reading the TLOU disc. Just hangs on the loading screen. Just seems to be this disc. Do I just bite the bullet and rebuy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

gimli2112 wrote: »
    My PS4 doesn't seem to be reading the TLOU disc. Just hangs on the loading screen. Just seems to be this disc. Do I just bite the bullet and rebuy?

For installing the game, as when playing the game it only checks the disc to see it's there and runs the game of the HDD as it's fully installed.

If you're able you could always get a lend of a disc and installed from that, if the PS4 see your disc that should be fine for playing, or you could rent it.

You could also get someone PSN details download the game and then use you disc as well when you've deactivated the account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭micks_address

Anyone know where I could pick up a second controller for about 50 euro?

Or I don't suppose ps3 controllers work with the ps4?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Or I don't suppose ps3 controllers work with the ps4?

No the PS3 controllers are not compatible with PS4 I'm afraid.

I haven't seen a controller for the €50 mark anywhere except on EBay but I wouldn't trust those. If that is your max, maybe wait until after Christmas and see if anything turns up in the sales.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Argos have the 20th anniversary edition and star wars edition for 48,the problem is they are usually sold out (in Dublin at least). If your local store have none, worth checking after midnight as any uncollected reservations will go become available again, that's how I got mine yesterday in Dublin.

Benzino wrote: »
    Argos have the 20th anniversary edition and star wars edition for 48,the problem is they are usually sold out (in Dublin at least). If your local store have none, worth checking after midnight as any uncollected reservations will go become available again, that's how I got mine yesterday in Dublin.
    Thanks
    If anyone has a spare reservation would really appreciate it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

Don't need to wait till midnight, usually within an hour of the shops closing the stock levels will be updated online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Varik wrote: »
    For installing the game, as when playing the game it only checks the disc to see it's there and runs the game of the HDD as it's fully installed.

Not really, I installed AC Unity last week with all updates and after about 10 mins of gameplay the game closed and told me the Disc was unrecognisable, had a few scratches on it alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

gimli2112 wrote: »

You can post most games back to the publisher of damaged with your receipt and a cheque for a nominal amount, usually €7 or so, and they'll send you a new disc.

• Advertisement

superg wrote: »
    Don't need to wait till midnight, usually within an hour of the shops closing the stock levels will be updated online.

Picked up a reservation in omini for anniversary edition

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

PS4 finally set up. Took a quick look here and elsewhere online but couldn't see a definite answer. Is it possible to limit the download queue to 1 game at a time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

CastorTroy wrote: »
    PS4 finally set up. Took a quick look here and elsewhere online but couldn't see a definite answer. Is it possible to limit the download queue to 1 game at a time?

You can pause any downloads that you don't want to download straight away by going to notifications>downloads, and highlighting the game that you don't want to download, then pause it by pressing X. You can choose to delete it altogether from there as well.

Yep. But was thinking could just control the number of simultaneous downloads so you can start them dowling while you do something else and come back, have the first file downloaded and second one already started instead of having to manually start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Yep. But was thinking could just control the number of simultaneous downloads so you can start them dowling while you do something else and come back, have the first file downloaded and second one already started instead of having to manually start.

sadly no, they've set it to download 3 simultaneously and that it's if you set everything to paused and then have the PS4 in rest mode it'll download the single game first then start the rest when that's done.

I think I set it up for downloading in rest mode anyway. Was like the Marx Bros trying to read the contract in A Night at The Opera at times.

But I do see now why people want folders on the system.

Started Styx as the first game to play on it

D'ya reckon we'll get any Christmas sales?

Are there no more 12 Day sales?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Are there no more 12 Day sales?

D'ya reckon we'll get any Christmas sales?

The last offer of the 12 days of Christmas should be tomorrow. US psn will have their third week of sales later today. Last year the January sale started on the 24th of December

I think I set it up for downloading in rest mode anyway. Was like the Marx Bros trying to read the contract in A Night at The Opera at times.

Ah you can't fool me you know there ain't no Sanity Clause. Thanks for reminding me of that piece of comedy gold.

Ah you can't fool me you know there ain't no Sanity Clause. Thanks for reminding me of that piece of comedy gold.

Hi guys,
    Bought a second hand controller that's perfect apart from some peeling on the left joystick. Can you pick up add on covers anywhere?
    Thanks
    Michael

• Advertisement

Hi guys,
    Bought a second hand controller that's perfect apart from some peeling on the left joystick. Can you pick up add on covers anywhere?
    Thanks
    Michael

You can pick them up in Smyths or online but they aren't great to be honest. One of the pads on one of my controllers went too (seems to be a common fault) I replaced it with one of the slip on ones but they don't attach very well and kept slipping off mid game so I just kept using the controller without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Why would somebody bother ddos war thunder, some PC gamers must be really annoyed about something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

JamboMac wrote: »
    Why would somebody bother ddos war thunder, some PC gamers must be really annoyed about something.

Why do you say this is PC gamers?

Attacks happen literally every few minutes to different targets. A lot of the time there is no reason other than just doing it.

Why do you say this is PC gamers?

Attacks happen literally every few minutes to different targets. A lot of the time there is no reason other than just doing it.

Well I can't do an attack through my ps4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Try ratuken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

JamboMac wrote: »
    Well I can't do an attack through my ps4.

And console gamers don't have pc's? Also, you would not be able to create an attack large enough from a gaming pc to take down their infrastructure. You would not have the bandwidth on a home connection.

And console gamers don't have pc's? Also, you would not be able to create an attack large enough from a gaming pc to take down their infrastructure. You would not have the bandwidth on a home connection.

I know they rent servers to run it, but the odds of it being console gamers is vastly lower than it being PC gamers.

After changing the HDD on my PS3 I tried to download a load of games to it again last night. Added them all to the queue through my PC instead of trying to hunt them all down on the PS3 online store. But none of them downloaded. When they didn't download through the auto download feature I have setup on the PS3, I tried turning the PS3 on manually and waiting to see if they'd pull, but nothing. Queue on the store still shows them all as Waiting.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

After changing the HDD on my PS3 I tried to download a load of games to it again last night. Added them all to the queue through my PC instead of trying to hunt them all down on the PS3 online store. But none of them downloaded. When they didn't download through the auto download feature I have setup on the PS3, I tried turning the PS3 on manually and waiting to see if they'd pull, but nothing. Queue on the store still shows them all as Waiting.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Mine doesn't work either on PS3 or 4 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Quick question,can a ps3 and 4 be online at the same time with the same ps+ account?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement