Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS4 Megathread 3.0

Comments

You know what annoys me about the PS store? The fact that the overview sometimes doesn't offer much in the way of information. Every game should contain a trailer and screenshots.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Quick question,can a ps3 and 4 be online at the same time with the same ps+ account?

Yes, my OH watches Netflix on the PS3 while I'm on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

You know what annoys me about the PS store? The fact that the overview sometimes doesn't offer much in the way of information. Every game should contain a trailer and screenshots.

Couldn't agree more, sometimes I am looking for a game at in the store and I just can't pick one, even if they had a link to a couple of impartial reviews it would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But if they put an overview in, where would they put all the copyright info and stuff? Priorities!

Another annoyance for the PS store. When you go into DLC through there, there should be a way to filter so that you only see the current ones for the games that are in your library. I shouldn't see any for games that I don't own.

Fallout 4 is the current 12 Days sale - €45/€65 for the game/deluxe bundle.

Pretty good offer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Wonder will there be a sale of other ps4 games.. Would really like to get Dishonored, but it os 40 euro, 10 euro in argos but they are sold out.. Maybe ps store January sale will start timorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Any chance of a 12 DOC encore sale tomorrow I wonder? Would love to pick up Uncharted collection since I missed it last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,900 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Shnakes Naughty Dog announcing Uncharted 4 delay before Christmas knowing people will go out and buy Uncharted collection (if haven't done so already) to help deal with the delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭.G.

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Wonder will there be a sale of other ps4 games.. Would really like to get Dishonored, but it os 40 euro, 10 euro in argos but they are sold out.. Maybe ps store January sale will start timorrow

Dishonored is currently on sale for PC for the princely sum of €3.74!

Shows how ripped off console gamers really are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

superg wrote: »

Where is it on sale though?

Is it a physical copy that can be traded later?

€10 for Dishonoured hardly counts as a rip off imo,also the PS4 version comes with all dlc if im not mistaken,does the €3.74 version have all the dlc?

In general id totally agree PC games can be gotten a decent amount cheaper,but in this case i think €10 for a great game and all its dlc is fair. And again trade it in after for say a €5 and its actually a bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭TheZPPanda

Very relevant to the PlayStation forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

TheZPPanda wrote: »

I think comparing prices across platforms is relevant to any platform that is in the comparison.

I will only buy exclusives for my ps4 for the simple fact others are cheaper (And better, usually) on pc.

Thanks for the feedback.:rolleyes:

I think comparing prices across platforms is relevant to any platform that is in the comparison.

I will only buy exclusives for my ps4 for the simple fact others are cheaper (And better, usually) on pc.

People don't generally post that stuff on a PlayStation discussion thread unless they're looking for an argument. I guess it can be deemed relevant but I doubt they're posting looking to discuss price disparity between platforms.

People don't generally post that stuff on a PlayStation discussion thread unless they're looking for an argument. I guess it can be deemed relevant but I doubt they're posting looking to discuss price disparity between platforms.

I have a PS4, I have a PC. I'm not a child and consequently have no interest in "My PC is better than your Console" or vice versa type arguments. The lad posted about Dishonored being €40 which I thought was a total rip off since I'd just seen it on steam for €3.74 and I posted my thoughts on it. I'll run them by you in future for pre approval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I have a PS4, I have a PC. I'm not a child and consequently have no interest in "My PC is better than your Console" or vice versa type arguments. The lad posted about Dishonored being €40 which I thought was a total rip off since I'd just seen it on steam for €3.74 and I posted my thoughts on it. I'll run them by you in future for pre approval.

The game came out on PS4 last august for €40, what price do you think it should be?

Comments like"Shows how ripped off console gamers really are." can be viewed as such. There are several reasons why console games are more expensive than their PC equivalents and posts like that can easily be seen as inflammatory.

Varik wrote: »
    The game came out on PS4 last august for €40, what price do you think it should be?

A lot cheaper than €40, by the same token brand new games shouldn't be anywhere near €75 either but they are in this country, unless you shop around. It's £9.99 in some UK online stores.A far more reasonable price but they all seem to be lacking stock.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Where is it on sale though?

Is it a physical copy that can be traded later?

€10 for Dishonoured hardly counts as a rip off imo,also the PS4 version comes with all dlc if im not mistaken,does the €3.74 version have all the dlc?

In general id totally agree PC games can be gotten a decent amount cheaper,but in this case i think €10 for a great game and all its dlc is fair. And again trade it in after for say a €5 and its actually a bargain!

€10 is a bargain I agree. The place selling it for €40 are taking the pee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

€10 is a bargain I agree. The place selling it for €40 are taking the pee.

10 euro offer in argos all sold out in Dublin.. Ps store have some neck looking at 40 euro for it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    10 euro offer in argos all sold out in Dublin.. Ps store have some neck looking at 40 euro for it..

You comparing the sale price in Argos to the full price on the PSN, Argos were selling it for €37.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Wouldn't matter if Dishonoured was free on Pc. I don't have a pc that would run it. I'd need about a 700 quid.

So to me, Dishonoured on Pc is about 704 quid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.
    Price of pc games has nothing to do with this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,264 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    After changing the HDD on my PS3 I tried to download a load of games to it again last night. Added them all to the queue through my PC instead of trying to hunt them all down on the PS3 online store. But none of them downloaded. When they didn't download through the auto download feature I have setup on the PS3, I tried turning the PS3 on manually and waiting to see if they'd pull, but nothing. Queue on the store still shows them all as Waiting.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ok, So it's working now. Automatic Update wasn't doing it so just turned on the PS3 using the controller and left the controller down as soon as it powered on. Then just left it. I can see now on the web store that the games are being downloaded.

Very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

How so, PS4 prices will always be the same digitally due to retailers, that is not going to change anytime soon, Steam and key prices are always gonna be cheaper it actually very simple as to why.

Witcher 3 currently around €35 on PS store. Great price for an amazing game.

Plants vs Zombies is at 75% discount. Are there many people still playing it?

Some great offers showing up on PSPrices (https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date).

Is Destiny: Taken King good? Bought vanilla destiny a while back and found it boring, but heard good things about Taken King.

Borderlands: Handsome Jack collection - €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

superg wrote:

I agree. Bought PS4 last week and price of games are extortionate compared to PC. Sales aren't great either. I do understand that publishers have to add in the license fee to Sony for each game
    It's still a great machine though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,089 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lads proud new owner of a ps4, problem with the sky app, if I've haven't watched it for a few hours when I go into the app I get an error message saying you've been away from the app for some time and your session has expired. Please restart the app.
    So then I have to close out of it just to restart it, seems a bit stupid and I've had the console for a few hours and it's happened a number of times, any tips?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Damien360

Krusader wrote: »
    I agree. Bought PS4 last week and price of games are extortionate compared to PC. Sales aren't great either. I do understand that publishers have to add in the license fee to Sony for each game
    It's still a great machine though

A bigger problem is the selling price. €75 for a new game is silly. Prices pitched closer to €40 is more reasonable. I would love to see a sales chart for games based on sale price. Guarantee it spikes when the sale price drops.

• Advertisement

January sales are now displaying on PS store

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement