Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 2/3/15

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Looper007 wrote: »
    It's amazing going into WM that the guy they want as their new number 1 and the crowd still doesn't give a damn about him.
    Given the ham fisted manner they're forcing him at people, from the woeful commentary pushes to the soul destroying "I'd bet on Reigns" Heyman promo, it's really not that surprising. They're locked in on this though, so as badly as he's being received they won't drop it at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭DGRulz

That was a very good RAW imo, some great segments.. but it just didnt feel like a Road to Wrestlemania Raw, I couldnt give a **** about Lesnar or the Undertaker anymore and the Sting factor is wearing off much fast as he's never there

The Miz was great, the guy doesn't get enough credit. The Stewart segment was fantastic, I hope that's not the last we see of him in the WWE.

Orton tweeted this a few hours ago, I think we might see him again soon.

@RandyOrton: Anybody else think #JonStewart was awesome last night? I think he killed it... hope to have him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Nobody knows that unless you try. Swagger didn't get as popular as Cesaro. Turning him heel and taking the swing off him didn't help him.

To be perfectly honest.. Swagger shouldve gone with Heyman and Cesaro stayed with Zeb IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That was a very good RAW imo, some great segments.. but it just didnt feel like a Road to Wrestlemania Raw, I couldnt give a **** about Lesnar or the Undertaker anymore and the Sting factor is wearing off much fast as he's never there

The Miz was great, the guy doesn't get enough credit. The Stewart segment was fantastic, I hope that's not the last we see of him in the WWE.

I am genuinely excited for his potential feud with Sandow

Jon Stewart was great

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

I thing "vigilante" is the word you're looking for.

Michael Cole is that you??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Heyman is a ****ing God.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am genuinely excited for his potential feud with Sandow

Jon Stewart was great
    Same here, I just hope they give it enough time in the next few weeks and at WM as it deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm gonna say it. That was an excellent Raw. One of the best I've literally seen in years.

-My favourite Heyman promo ever. Smart as f*ck with some layered shoot material but enough to sell the show.

-Thought Stewart was very good and knew his stuff.

-The IC scene actually looks better than ever right now. If all them guys get together and decide to put in 110% each, it could be special.

-Reigns looking strong was best for business at the end and the final flurry was savage.

-HHH's promo showed some excellent heel work.

-AJ's pop was great. Fans were dopes though chanting Punk here, and all night.

-Mizdow vs Miz was a bit of buzz. Harmless undercard stuff.

-Cena and Steph was different but enjoyable. Axel looked to be having a ball too.

The only thing I didn't enjoy was Wyatt. Zero interest there but a great show IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,169 ✭✭✭✭briany

Omackeral wrote: »
    The only thing I didn't enjoy was Wyatt. Zero interest there but a great show IMO.

I have to say I think Wyatt is doing a good job of building interest for this match considering one of the participants is absent and he's only given one small segment per week to say something.

A lot of people say Wyatt is like a new Undertaker, but if you think about it, he has much stronger parallels with Mankind. Similar look, similar build, similar rambling promo style and similar fixation on 'Taker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Loved the side effects of "Niagra" including "not getting over" and "being a jabroni".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I thought that that segment with the ad was golden. That's the kind of light relief I love in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Why were people going on about AJ being thin, i thought she looked healthy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Some people think Steph's promo to Cena was really Vince's message to Brock. "Where would you be without the WWE?", "WrestleMania will go on without you", etc.

The funny thing about this is that I very much doubt Brock was watching. It would probably make Brock laugh if he saw it.

tumblr_nkm96bubb81rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Omackeral wrote: »

-Thought Stewart was very good and knew his stuff.

Jon has been a huge fan of wrestling for a long time and to his credit he sometimes mentions a wwe storyline on his show to complete silence from his audience!

Jon thanked the wwe on his show for giving him and his son such a good time.

Again to the crowds silence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,297 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

briany wrote: »
    I have to say I think Wyatt is doing a good job of building interest for this match considering one of the participants is absent and he's only given one small segment per week to say something.

A lot of people say Wyatt is like a new Undertaker, but if you think about it, he has much stronger parallels with Mankind. Similar look, similar build, similar rambling promo style and similar fixation on 'Taker.

I was half expecting Kane to come out during Wyatt's promo and burning angle :p but didn't Wyatt already feud with Kane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

but didn't Wyatt already feud with Kane

Yes, and it was bloody awful. :(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

They pin Reigns.

Vince has completely lost his mind.

It's going to be an horrendous Wrestlemania.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was half expecting Kane to come out during Wyatt's promo and burning angle :p but didn't Wyatt already feud with Kane
    fawlty-towers-t-shirt-war-500x500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

The first Raw in a long time where I didn't fast forward anything at all. The only part where my interest waned was Wyatt, but since I'm not a fan of his anyway and he's having a feud with himself I don't think that even counts. Everything else was entertaining, and all actually seemed relevant.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    They pin Reigns.

Vince has completely lost his mind.

It's going to be an horrendous Wrestlemania.

After interference from 5 people, and then he destroys them while looking like a beast. I think that's the best I've seen Reigns look in ages, less sympathetic and much more badass.

I dunno, I'm certainly looking forward to Mania more than I was before that show. The IC match alone has the potential to be fantastic, although I think someone somewhere has gotten Kofi and R-Truth mixed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Jon has been a huge fan of wrestling for a long time and to his credit he sometimes mentions a wwe storyline on his show to complete silence from his audience!

Jon thanked the wwe on his show for giving him and his son such a good time.

Again to the crowds silence!

A few month ago he did an awesome "I've got some bad news for you", with almost no crowd reaction. I think he was shown a bit at last years wrestlemania. Good ambassador for the sport

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

orestes wrote: »
    The first Raw in a long time where I didn't fast forward anything at all. The only part where my interest waned was Wyatt, but since I'm not a fan of his anyway and he's having a feud with himself I don't think that even counts.

I like Wyatt's character a lot, but that line there still made me burst out laughing. Well played, man. :D

After interference from 5 people, and then he destroys them while looking like a beast. I think that's the best I've seen Reigns look in ages, less sympathetic and much more badass.

Easily his best scene since he went solo. He looked like a star at the end of RAW this week. Mid-air spears FTW. And *that* dive over the top rope was huge.

Anyone have a gif of Reigns doing the suicide dive over the top rope?

Google Images doesn't seem to be bringing up any, Daniel Bryan is at the top of all the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lexicious

Not sure if it's been mentioned already, but I found R-Truth's segment with JBL to be bloody hilarious, especially when Harper showed his face.

Truth needs much more on air time, the guy is hilarious and is a pretty damned good wrestler too.

Part of me was wondering is R-Truth considering retiring any time soon? This Intercontinental ladder match would be a perfect opportunity to give him a big win if he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Lexicious

Part of me was wondering is R-Truth considering retiring any time soon? This Intercontinental ladder match would be a perfect opportunity to give him a big win if he was.

It would make sense...He's in his early 40's now. He still looks in brilliant shape though, and still has plenty of wit to give some good segments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

The first Raw in a long time where I didn't fast forward anything at all. The only part where my interest waned was Wyatt, but since I'm not a fan of his anyway and he's having a feud with himself I don't think that even counts. Everything else was entertaining, and all actually seemed relevant.
    I found that funny as well, but so true. I think WWE's idea of not bringing Taker in until WM is a bad one. Wyatt has been carrying this feud by himself since lat January. That will be over 2 months of a feud he has carried by himself. To his credit he is not making me disinterested in the feud but without Taker being there it just feels a bit flat. And this is one of the 3 main matches remember!

I am, however, loving the amount of love the mid-card is getting in the run up to WM. The Andre The Giant Battle Royal is quickly just becoming a feeding ground for lower card guys, wouldn't be surprised to see a NXT guy win it, or even Sheamus on his return only to smash the trophy in pieces. But the tag titles, IC and US titles are being put over massively. The Usos chasing the titles is nice to see, the whole mad scramble for the IC belt is great (loving R-Truth in it, even if it is racist "Yeah, let's have the only black wrestler in the match steal the title the whole time!"), Rusev having the option to give Cena the title match and being super-heelish by not doing so is also great. The whole card is shaping up and it's going to be a good WM methinks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Orton's interference to cause him to get pinned made him look like a chump.

Why pin Reigns at all?

I have difficulty enough believing he can beat Lesnar, but I'm supposed to believe a guy who got schoolboyed is going to beat a legit top class wrestler, who has been mauling guys, kicking out of multiple finishers?

It's stupid.

Yes, Reigns looked strong after. But why pin him at all if all you're going to do is have him destroy everyone anyway?

As I say, Vince hasn't a clue how to book these things anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Even worse is the ref took about an hour to get into positon. Reigns looked like a complete geek.

Advertisement